Game 4 Stanley Cup Finals Blackhawks at Bruins 6/19/13 7 PM CT (Bruins lead 2-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
8439__stanley_cup_playoffs-secondary-2013.png

images
at
images

images

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game the series for the Hawks?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
This game the series for the Hawks?

No...but it would be nice if they won it.

The only "must win" game is when the Bruins have 1 game left to take it all home. If the Blackhawks go down 1 - 3, the odds are stacked against them in a big way but obviously it can be done.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I won't vote. Don't want to get accused of not being a Blackhawks fan or else jinxing the team.

That said, have to take one in Boston sometime.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
No...but it would be nice if they won it.

The only "must win" game is when the Bruins have 1 game left to take it all home. If the Blackhawks go down 1 - 3, the odds are stacked against them in a big way but obviously it can be done.

Totally disagree. Must win game for the Hawks. They cannot go down 3-1 to the Bruins and expect things to turn out like the Detroit series did. Boston is a much better defensive team, and I just do not see them losing three games in a row with a chance to clinch in any of those three games.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Totally disagree. Must win game for the Hawks. They cannot go down 3-1 to the Bruins and expect things to turn out like the Detroit series did. Boston is a much better defensive team, and I just do not see them losing three games in a row with a chance to clinch in any of those three games.

If the Blackhawks lose the next game, they don't lose the series. They can certainly win 3 against Boston if needed. If they are in the situation 100 times, maybe they only get it done a few times, but atleast there is that shot. For me, the only "must win" in any sports situation, is when the game has series clinching potential.

Obviously it would greatly benefit the Blackhawks to go 2-2 instead of 1-3...gives them better odds of winning the series for obvious reasons.

The next game is a "big" one, but not "the" one.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Blackhawks lose the next game, they don't lose the series. They can certainly win 3 against Boston if needed. If they are in the situation 100 times, maybe they only get it done a few times, but atleast there is that shot. For me, the only "must win" in any sports situation, is when the game has series clinching potential.

Obviously it would greatly benefit the Blackhawks to go 2-2 instead of 1-3...gives them better odds of winning the series for obvious reasons.

im at a loss for words with this post.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
im at a loss for words with this post.

How so, let me know what I said that is false. In no way am I saying that if they go down 1 - 3 that they will come back, not even close to saying that.

You better believe that if the Blackhawks go down 1 - 3 that they are likely done, but there is still a chance no matter how small. For me, that means the next game isn't a "must" win.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:

[video=youtube;khauvdb_f8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khauvdb_f8A[/video]

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
While there is a mathematical probability stating the hawks can win this series if they go down 3-1 the realistic probability tells me they are fucked. In my eyes if Boston wins this game nothing will stop them from winning game 5 either. I don't like the term must win that much so ill call this game as a cannot lose.. Step it up.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My initial reaction was to say, why not? They've done it before. But the thing is while I think the Bruins are capable of spitting the bit, I dont think this Hawk team is capable running the gauntlet against them. In 2010, I never gave up on them but when Boston went up 2-0 last night...I knew it was over. Enough so that I watched very little of the third period. The PP is just killing them, when you cant do shit 5 on 5 you better be able to score with man advantage. Until that changes, dont expect anything else to change either.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If Hossa is back, have to figure there are going to be some big shake ups when it comes to lines. I mentioned it elsewhere, but Toews/Kane played their 5 best periods of hockey (against LA) side by side. I think it is time to throw them together and get the both of them producing, Chara or no Chara. Time to roll the dice on what has worked thus far this playoff season.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Since 1939, the team that has won game 3 when series was tied 1-1 have gone on to win the cup 84% of the time.

Ouch.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Since 1939, the team that has won game 3 when series was tied 1-1 have gone on to win the cup 84% of the time.

Ouch.

But the 2013 Blackhawks have won 100% percent of the series in which they've trailed 2-1 after 3 games.

I can use completely irrelevant statistics too!

JiminyChristmas

Liked Posts:
How was the stat irrelevant? It shows how difficult it is to come back in a Cup Final after being down 2-1. What have you seen that gives you any confidence that the Hawks can come back and win this? Except for the first period in Game 2, Bruins have dominated the Hawks.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How was the stat irrelevant? It shows how difficult it is to come back in a Cup Final after being down 2-1. What have you seen that gives you any confidence that the Hawks can come back and win this? Except for the first period in Game 2, Bruins have dominated the Hawks.

I dont know about Dmelt, but Ive seen practically nothing that would make me think such a turnaround was possible. On the other hand, what Ive seen is a team that is almost never out of position, a team that makes virtually no mistakes, a team that blocks a shitload of shots and a team whose goalie almost never sees any redirects.

Why is this at all relevant to the question?

15 years or so of playing taught me this much.....

Hockey by definition is fast and chaotic to play and holding your position consistantly is quite difficult.
Mistakes are as big a part of the game as ice, everyone makes them.....EVERYONE
For a team that blocks as many shots as Boston does, very few if any get to the goalie which means he's not seeing redirects

What's going on here just does not jive, its more like a video game than real hockey. We gotta hope things start to even out.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
The team who wins game 1 of the Stanley cup finals goes on to win the series 76% of the time or something.. That's as irrelevant as the game 3 stat

Status
Not open for further replies.