Rockford IceHogs Thread

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'm taking my kids to the Icehogs/wolves game tonite. Any advice? Outside of leave Rockford in the rear view mirror as quickly as possible?

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty stoked, Rockford is finally making their way to Des Moines this Sunday. I'll be skipping my NFL and taking in the future hawks. While I cant wait to cheer these guys on in Chicago, I'll be Wootin Haaaaard for the Wild.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty stoked, Rockford is finally making their way to Des Moines this Sunday. I'll be skipping my NFL and taking in the future hawks. While I cant wait to cheer these guys on in Chicago, I'll be Wootin Haaaaard for the Wild.

where has icehogfan been to keep this thread going?

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morin has 116 SOG in just 26 games.

What could've been, had the Hawks let someone else overpay Bickell & had Morin replace him at a hell of alot cheaper.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Morin has 116 SOG in just 26 games.

What could've been, had the Hawks let someone else overpay Bickell & had Morin replace him at a hell of alot cheaper.

I've been a big Morin fan (always reminded me of Brouwer in a lot of ways) but he hasn't shown anything at the NHL level in the chances he has been given. His foot speed is killing him at the NHL level. His lack of effort/taking shifts off certainly isn't helping him either. I have no problem with a shoot first type of guy, since throwing the puck to the net usually will result in a goal, rebound, or offensive faceoff (all good things) but he simply hasn't shown that he can cut it at the NHL level. Bickell has shown that he can play in the recent past, even if he is overpaid and slumping, and really isn't about one or the other.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
(Figured I would mention here, since it is a bit of a prospects thread).

Notre Dame on NBSCN (quality watch between periods of Blackhawks game). Johns and Hinostroza are both prospects for the Blackhawks. Don't know if I am overlooking anyone else in the game.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
icehog needs to explain why the Hogs always have a fire drill in their own zone.

My lawd, it was downright pathetic vs the Wolves.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I still can't hate the Wolves... but the Hogs are still my primary rooting interest in the AHL... that's right, I like 2 archrivals, one of which represents my city but also aides the enemy in Missouri.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So, Brandon Pirri had been out for about 3-4 weeks with a lower-body injury and returned to the lineup Friday night.

One goal, two assists.

I still think he's going to get, at least, one more crack at the 2C role before the regular season ends.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
So, Brandon Pirri had been out for about 3-4 weeks with a lower-body injury and returned to the lineup Friday night.

One goal, two assists.

I still think he's going to get, at least, one more crack at the 2C role before the regular season ends.
Well, he has nothing left to prove in the A and doesn't have a shot at proving himself on the Hawks.

He gonna get a shot in the NHL, just not on a Q coached team. With all the rumors of the Hawks heavily invested into bringing in an established C from all the dirt sheets online and on Twitter (Goc), I have to think some of that crap might be legit. Pirri is the first person gone. If Stan has to choose between a first rounder and somebody from Dales regime, he sure as hell isn't gonna give up a first rounder.

13-3!!!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where's icehog been? He's the most "in depth" Hogs guy here.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I like Phil Danault as a future checking line guy. Would like some more offense out of him though.

Also want to see Hartman and Dahlstrom up next year.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welcome to Rockford PMB and your 3 assists which set up morin for a hat trick

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morin with two more goals as the IceHogs extend their streak to 9-0-1.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They traded Brad Winchester to get Brian Connolly Back. Both career AHL guys but getting more defenders to push the O I guess.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Worth mentioning that due to a late season slide the Ice Hogs missed the playoffs again this year.

13 players from Rockford were called up to the Hawks yesterday to be "Black Aces" for the postseason.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well trading Pirri and calling up Morin their best two offensive forwards doomed them to a 1 and 7 April record I believe.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ehh. no big deal. just care how they perform on an individual basis

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk