Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Played this game 12 hours ago...let's see how good my memory is.

Bulls clamp down on Nuggets

Despite their poor record, David Robinson and the Nuggets have one of the best frontcourts in the league. Boasting a starting front line of David Robinson and David Lee with Anthony Davis coming off the bench, the Nuggets are never at a loss for interior defense and rebounding, as well as post scoring. However, the Bulls big men proved to be up to the task of slowing down the Nuggets' prolific post presence.

David Robinson was held to just 14 points and 6 rebounds while David Lee had a woeful shooting night, shooting just 4-13 from the field against the quick close outs of Dennis Rodman. Anthony Davis was unable to get anything going off the bench, playing just 22 minutes and scoring 6 points. Meanwhile, Allen Iverson was torching the Nuggets D to the tune of 25 points and 10 assists. Doug Christie added 17 points and 4 steals while Paul Pierce added 22 and 5 rebounds.

The Nuggets put up a strong fight through the first half, taking a slim 1 point lead, but their losing ways prevailed as they were unable to contain Iverson and Pierce in the 3rd quarter as the Bulls pulled away by double digits by the end of the quarter. Earl Monroe bounced back after struggling over the past week with 11 points and 5 assists off the bench while shooting 50% from the field and looking like the Earl Monroe that was contending for 6th man of the year. Billy Walker added 12 points off the Bulls bench in one of his better performances on the season.

"Like we've been saying all season, it's all about the team play," said Tom Thibodeau. "Knowing that they have guys like Earl and Bill and Chuck backing them up, our starters can go all out on the court and not have to worry about losing any ground while they're on the bench. The way our bench works together with each other and the starters has come a long way. I think Billy has really found himself the past month and he's gotten a few good games to prove that. We know what we're getting from everyone when they come into the game and they're able to produce."

"We're just gelling," said Allen Iverson. "We know where each other likes to be out there and we always try to get each other the ball in our comfort zones. Defensively, we're operating as a unit, getting stops, forcing turnovers, being disruptive. It's not just one guy, it's the whole team top to bottom. That's the key."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once upon a time I played against Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors. I shut them down...there's not much more to say here. Steph was 7-25 from the field.

Aka I am too tired to write a thing for this and nothing crazy happened. Almost at the playoffs though!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well here's a result you don't see too often...

Jazz end Bulls' 15 game winning streak

The Chicago Bulls have been the league's best team for the majority of the season. Ever since the acquisitions of Dennis Rodman, Doug Christie, and Earl Monroe, the Bulls have steamrolled through the league, more often than not overpowering their opponents. Meanwhile, out west the Utah Jazz have been doing the same. Behind the powerful backcourt of Gary Payton, Jeff Hornacek, and Mitch Richmond and the low post presence of Andrew Bogut, the Jazz have the league's second best record behind the Bulls. As the two powerhouses met in Chicago for what many believe would be a preview of the NBA Finals matchup, the excitement was high. The game was no disappointment either as both teams went at each other relentlessly the whole game.

Mitch Richmond was the star of the game as he torched the Bulls defense for 45 points, including 6-7 from downtown as the Jazz ended the NBA's longest winning streak this season. Gary Payton had 16 points and 14 assists, many of which came on bullet passes to Richmond on the weak side for open jumpers. Andrew Bogut added 12 points and 12 rebounds while Jeff Hornacek added 18 points. Allen Iverson led the Bulls with 27 points and 6 assists while adding 4 steals, but did not receive much help from his backcourt mates as the Bulls fell just short of their 16th straight win. Paul Pierce scored 22 points, but struggled mightily from the field, shooting just 8-21 overall and 2-9 from 3 point range. Doug Christie had trouble finding his stroke as well as he shot 5-13 from the field and 0-4 from downtown before fouling out. Earl Monroe was able to add 16 points and 5 assists off the bench, but was the only major contributor off the bench.

"It was just one of those nights where we didn't seem to be on our game," said Pierce, who missed several open jumpers that he would normally make and struggled defending Mitch Richmond's hot hand. "We were sluggish on defense and weren't getting shots to drop on the other end. If one guy does that it's usually fine, but when most of the team is doing that, it's hard to get wins."

"We were still right in it," said Joakim Noah. "For all the struggles we had we were still in the game up until the end. We had the lead for a bit in the 3rd and it got away from us, but it was really back and forth the whole game. If a few more shots go down for us down the stretch maybe we're looking at win 16, but it didn't happen. We just have to accept the loss and move on."

"I thought for the most part we got the shots we wanted, we just couldn't knock them down down the stretch," said Tom Thibodeau. "Maybe it was just some fatigue or maybe it was nerves, whatever it was it just didn't happen for us. Defensively, we forced some tough shots, but Mitch was able to get open way too often and he made us pay. Part of it was great passing by Gary to find him, but we had to do a better job of sticking on him. I probably made the defensive switch too late, but with Doug already in foul trouble it was a tough decision to make with the way Mitch was playing. If we play them again we'll know what adjustments to make."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:smh:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getting closer to the end...

Bulls take down Lakers

After a disappointing loss to their Western Conference equivalent, the Chicago Bulls appeared as though they would have another let down performance against the struggling Los Angeles Lakers. Led by Larry Nance and Scottie Pippen, the Lakers were able to keep it close with the Bulls throughout the first half, trading the lead back and forth. Behind the efforts of Paul Pierce and some timely shooting from Doug Christie, the Bulls were able to scrape a one point lead going into the half, but there was a looming feeling as the United Center's atmosphere was filled with nervousness at the newly discovered humanity of the team that was previously perceived as invincible during their 15 game winning streak.

After a slow start to the 3rd quarter, that feeling intensified as the Lakers took a 6 point lead after a basket by Elton Brand. However, a quick score by Allen Iverson followed by a Paul Pierce steal and basket gave the Bulls enough momentum to reel the Lakers back to within reach. An effort led by Earl Monroe and Doug Christie gave the Bulls a lead before back to back baskets by Christie put the Bulls up by 8. The Lakers could not recover as Dennis Rodman's relentless effort on the offensive boards led to several putback dunks and tip ins by both himself and Joakim Noah and the Bulls were able to push the lead to double digits halfway through the 4th quarter. Nance and the Lakers tried to make a run, but every basket was answered as the Bulls hung on for the win.

Doug Christie led the Bulls with 24 points while Paul Pierce added 21 and Allen Iverson had 19, but shot only 7-19 from the field. Larry Nance led all scorers with 26 points and Scottie Pippen had 23 points, but shot just 10-26. Dennis Rodman and Joakim Noah combined for 25 points and 18 rebounds as their tireless work on the boards gave the Bulls the extra possessions they needed to keep the game out of reach.

"They're so key to the team," said Christie, who spent the majority of his time guarding Scottie Pippen. "Their work ethic is unmatched and it shows in how they rebound the ball. Without them, I don't think we'd be nearly as successful. When they're rebounding well, we're basically unstoppable."

"The bench gave us a pretty big boost," said Iverson. "Some of us were getting beat up and winded and needed some time to just catch a breath on the bench. Our bench guys were able to come in and keep the energy level high and keep us in the game. Earl, Billy, Chuck, all those guys, they played a big part, even if the statsheet doesn't say so."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Played 2 games...nothing exciting happened in either one. I won both by like 20+ points. Only a few games left before the playoffs. I'll probably just play the rest of those out and start posting "real" things again when the playoffs start.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh man...I totally forgot to do this. I'm in the finals now...ugh.

Quick recap...

Swept the Pistons in round 1. Nothing exciting there...bunch of 20 point blowouts.

Swept the 85 Bulls in round 2. They have 85 Jordan and he went nuts, but still came out with the blowouts.

Won round 3 in 7 games against the 95 Knicks. I actually simmed 5 of the games and we were on the brink of defeat so I played the last 2 games. They were...not very interesting. I think I won a game by 56 points, that might be interesting.

Finals matchup is against the Pelicans and yet another Michael Jordan. I'll do things for this one, I promise.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls overcome Jordan's 52 to take 1-0 lead

The Big Easy was abuzz as the city prepared to host their first ever NBA Finals game as the Pelicans squared off against the Bulls. New Orleans was rested, having defeated the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference Finals in 6 games a week earlier while the Bulls grinded out a game 7 victory over the Knicks. The fatigue showed early for the Bulls as the Pelicans jumped to an early lead led by Serge Ibaka and Michael Jordan. Jordan had his way with Doug Christie and the Bulls defense, seemingly scoring at will. Jordan finished with 27 points at the half and led the Pelicans to a 9 point lead over the Bulls. Allen Iverson was hot early for the Bulls, but was the only one able to crack the Pelicans' defense on his way to 17 first half points. Paul Pierce struggled from the field in the 1st half, shooting just 38%, but was able to add 10 points.

In the 2nd half, the Bulls and the Pelicans were neck and neck with Jordan and Iverson trading baskets for several minutes. However, a defensive change from Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau led to an 8-0 run by the Bulls to pull them back into the game. Earl Monroe then scored on back to back plays to give the Bulls the lead. Monroe and Iverson powered the Bulls through the 2nd half, combining for 30 points and 8 assists, but Jordan still could not be stopped. Another defensive switch by Tom Thibodeau led to another pair of stops for the Bulls and they were able to ride that momentum to maintain the lead. In the end, while Jordan had 52 points, the Bulls had the victory. Allen Iverson finished the game with 33 points, 8 assists, 3 steals, and 6 rebounds. Earl Monroe added 20 and 6 off the bench while Pierce finished with 27 points.

"No one can stop him," said Doug Christie when asked about the task of guarding Jordan. "One on one, he can beat anyone in the league. One on two he could probably put up pretty good numbers. It takes a whole team to try to hold him. It's no easy task at all because he's that good. Plus he puts half the team in foul trouble. There's not much we can do but try to keep him away from the basket and hope he misses."

"Jordan's going to get his, we know that," said Iverson. "It's about keeping the rest of his teammates under control. We were mostly able to do that tonight and I think that's why we got the win."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls outlast Pelicans, take 2-0 lead

It was another clash of the heavyweights in New Orleans arena as the Pelicans looked to prevent the Bulls from taking two games on their home court. Michael Jordan had another out of this world performance with 44 points while Serge Ibaka had 23 points and 8 boards and Nate McMillan had 6 steals to go with 8 assists. However, the offensive combination of Allen Iverson and Paul Pierce came out on top again as the pair combined for 53 points. The Bulls bench also came up big with 42 points to the Pelicans' 18, led by 11 from Earl Monroe and 9 from Bill Walker.

The two teams were neck and neck through 3 quarters with neither team able to hold any kind of stable lead. The Bulls were able to take a 2 point lead going into the 4th quarter after a last second 3 by Jamario Moon at the end of the 3rd. However, even that momentum could not keep the Bulls' lead safe as the Pelicans came roaring back behind the unstoppable play of Michael Jordan. The Pelicans took the lead back and seemed to be gaining momentum after forcing three straight turnovers leading to fast break dunks with less than 9 minutes to go in the game. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau made a seemingly questionable move by benching his starters and playing his bench for 5 minutes against the Pelicans starters. However, the bench's fresh legs benefited them as they quickly turned the tide by forcing misses and getting out in transition. Gary Neal stuck back to back 3s and Jamario Moon added a highlight reel dunk to give the Bulls a 5 point lead with 4 minutes to go. With their starters now back in the game, the Bulls were able to fend off Jordan and the Pelicans to cling to an 8 point victory and take a 2-0 lead in the series.

"When it comes down to it, we have to make everyone except Jordan beat us," said Tom Thibodeau. "We've been letting other guys get too many easy baskets because we're so focused on trying to stop Jordan from hitting a midrange jumper. Ibaka and (Horace) Grant have been getting too many offensive boards and easy baskets. If we can contain everyone else, it doesn't matter if Jordan scores 50 points, we'll come out on top, easy."

When asked if he felt that the Pelicans were in panic mode Jordan simply responded "Hell no" before walking into the locker room with a clearly disgusted look on his face. The Bulls now head back to Chicago with a 2-0 lead and will look to push it to the insurmountable 3-0 lead in game 3.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Iverson leads Bulls past Pelicans to take commanding 3-0 lead

The Chicago Bulls are one win away from raising banner number seven to the rafters after their 117-100 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. Led by Allen Iverson's 23 points and 7 assists, the Bulls take a 3-0 lead into game 4. No team in NBA history has ever recovered from a 0-3 deficit to win the series.

The Pelicans were the ones looking like they would take the win early on. Led by Robert Pack, the Pelicans shot 63% in the 1st quarter while holding Iverson to 1-5 shooting and the Bulls to just 36% overall from the field while taking a first quarter lead. Paul Pierce struggled with foul trouble early trying to guard Horace Grant as Tom Thibodeau elected to switch his defensive matchups with Dennis Rodman taking the task of guarding Michael Jordan while Doug Christie guarded Nate McMillan, who Pierce had guarded in the first two games. While the switch didn't seem to work well for Pierce initially, it did seem to work on Jordan for the first half. While being guarded by Rodman, Jordan was held to just 13 first half points, compared to over 20 in New Orleans. The second quarter was a different story for the Bulls as their bench came out of the gates rolling. Behind Earl Monroe's 6 points and 3 assists in the quarter, the bench unit gave the Pelicans' bench fits as they raced up and down the court. The Bulls starters seemed to feed off of this energy as both Iverson and Pierce were able to find their shots. Behind their efforts, the Bulls clawed their way to a 3 point halftime lead.

Ultimately, the 3rd quarter was the turning point of the game as the Bulls were able to make Jordan a volume scorer while limiting the effectiveness of his teammates. Meanwhile, Iverson and Pierce were tearing it up on other end of the court, creating plays for themselves and others. By the time the 4th quarter rolled around, the Pelicans were the ones looking like the ones rolling around. The Pelicans bench could not keep up with the Bulls bench as the Bulls took a quick double digit lead. The Pelicans were never able to recover as the Bulls coasted to the win. Michael Jordan led all scorers with 30 points, but took 28 shots to get those points. Robert Pack added 22, mostly in the first half, while Horace Grant added 18. Iverson led the Bulls with 23 points and 7 assists while Earl Monroe added 17 and 6 assists. Doug Christie added his first meaningful offensive game since his injury, scoring 15 points and adding 5 rebounds and 5 assists.

"We just wanted to give it a shot, see what would happen," said Tom Thibodeau regarding his defensive switch. "Dennis and Doug are both great defenders. We just wanted to see how Michael would react to having Dennis guard him. Dennis plays a different kind of defense. It's a lot more physically taxing and a lot more mental. He gets under people's skins."

"Obviously you can't argue with the results," said Christie. "I got lit up for 40 something, 50 something points. If he wants to have a shot at it, I'm not going to stop him. We'll take turns...having Dennis out of position for rebounds hurts us since they have guys like Serge and Horace down low, but if he can keep Jordan from going off, I'll try to grab as many rebounds as possible."

Despite being on the perimeter a lot more often than usual, Rodman still led the Bulls with 9 rebounds.

The Bulls will look to complete the sweep and take home the title in game 4.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jordan's 47 not enough as Bulls complete sweep; win NBA Finals

Michael Jordan's streak of Finals victories was ended as the Chicago Bulls completed their sweep of the New Orleans Pelicans. Jordan led all scorers with another dominant 47 points, but Allen Iverson and Paul Pierce each scored over 30 points to lead Chicago to the win. Iverson added 10 assists to his 32 points and Earl Monroe had 17 off the bench. Each of the Pelicans' starters scored in double figures, but struggled to keep the Bulls off the offensive glass and out of the paint as Dennis Rodman and Joakim Noah earned second chance point after second chance point. Reserve Reggie Evans, who was inactive the first two games in New Orleans, helped on the glass as well to lead the Bulls to a 49-37 advantage on the boards.

"It's just surreal," said Iverson, who now has his first Championship in 2 Finals appearances. "All that hard work during the season was just paid off right there. Everything we've gone through, all the struggles, it's all worth it now. We're on top of the world."

"To finally have something that has eluded me my whole career, it feels fantastic," said Earl Monroe. "I'm just glad to be a part of it all. The FO put together a great group of guys and we came through for each other."

Allen Iverson was named Finals MVP, but deflected the attention from himself when asked about it.

"I couldn't have done anything without my teammates," said Iverson. "This award belongs to the Pearl, Jo, Doug, everyone. I was just working off of those guys. If we don't have Dennis and Jo working the glass down low, we don't win anything. If we don't have a strong bench, we don't win. I'm just one part of the whole team."

The offseason brings a little uncertainty for the Bulls, who will lose a good portion of their bench to free agency, but for now, they will focus on celebrating their victory.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well...guess I'm done with this series. I started a new chise up where I simmed ahead like 5 or 6 years. I'm gonna mess around with that, but as far as these go, I think I'll say I'm done for now. Thanks for the follows :)