Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well...here it is. I put in a bunch of historic teams and let the fantasy draft fly. I will be playing as the present day Bulls. There's a few duplicates of teams like the Knicks and Spurs and 76ers because certain players I wanted to have in the game were on different versions of those teams. I tried to avoid having duplicate players, but there's a couple Horace Grant's and Danny Ainge's floating around because they were on different teams. There's also 2 MJ's (85 and 91 if you care) and I have neither of them.

I had the 3rd pick in the draft and opted to build my team around Allen Iverson. I could've gotten Shaq or Kobe or 85 MJ, but I felt like going with AI...so sue me.

Settings: 29 game season, best of 7 playoffs. Hall of Fame difficulty with Simulation sliders.

Roster
PG-Aaron McKie
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Paul Pierce
PF-John Williams
C-Joakim Noah

Bench
SF-Larry Nance
SG-Danny Ainge
PG-BJ Armstrong
PF-Sidney Green
SF-Chuck Person
PF-Nick Collison
C-Tree Rollins

Hope the 3 people that read this enjoy. I'm actually looking forward to it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls sign Nazr Mohammed and Bill Walker

The Bulls announced today that they have signed C Nazr Mohammed and G Bill Walker to minimum level deals.

"We were looking to add a little depth to both those spots," said Bulls GM Gar Forman. "We know these guys can come in right away and contribute. We're excited to have them on the team."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Williams injures knee in practice

The injury bug has bitten the Bulls already as F John Williams went down with a knee injury in practice just a day before the Bulls' season opener against the 76ers. Williams has been ruled out of the game and Larry Nance will get the start in his place.

"It's unfortunate," said Gar Forman. "However, these things happen. We know that we have guys who are ready to step up in his absence. The important thing for John right now is getting healthy."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When did Dennis Rodman turn into Karl Malone? :bizarro:

Bulls drop season opener

The Bulls definitely felt the absence of John Williams as they have up second chance point after second chance point to the 76ers. The Bulls hung around the game thanks to 39 points from Paul Pierce and 26 points from Allen Iverson, but fell short due to the lack of rebounding. The 76ers were led by Larry Johnson's strong performance of 29 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists. Chris Mullin added 21 points, 4 steals, and 4 blocks while Dennis Rodman added 18 points and 11 rebounds off the bench.

"We just couldn't keep Dennis off the glass," said Joakim Noah, who had 9 rebounds and 10 points. "He's a great rebounder and he knows where to position himself down there. Between him, Larry, and Kevin (Duckworth), there were a lot of great rebounders and big bodies in the paint. They were able to keep a couple bodies on me and their other guys were able to grab those rebounds."

"We've just got to bounce back the next game," said Iverson. "We've got some things to work on in practice and hopefully next game out we'll get John back so guys can play their normal roles and minutes."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls win home opener behind Pierce's amazing performance

Paul Pierce showed why he's one of the best scorers in the league as he led the Bulls to a hard fought victory over the Hawks on Saturday night. Pierce scored 47 points on a ridiculous 20-25 from the field. Allen Iverson added 22 points, 11 assists, and 3 steals while John Williams returned from injury to score 20 points.

Jamal Crawford lit it up off the Hawks bench with 39 points while Tim Hardaway had 21 points and 17 assists. Chauncey Billups finished with 32 points, many of which came in the 4th quarter as he tried to keep the Hawks in the game. However, the Bulls were able to stave off the Hawks' comeback effort.

"We moved the ball a lot better this game," said Aaron McKie, who had 10 assists. "We grabbed more rebounds and just played better in general. A lot of their guys had great games, but we kept our composure and got the W."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls and Lakers swap stars

The Bulls and Lakers announced a trade on Sunday night involving Earl "the pearl" Monroe, Hersey Hawkins, and Larry Nance.

The Bulls sent Nance, Danny Ainge, BJ Armstrong, and Aaron McKie to the Lakers who in turn sent, Hawkins, Monroe, and Gary Neal to Chicago.

"It was tough to part with those guys," said Bulls GM Gar Forman. "However, we felt that with that deal on the table it was too much talent to pass up. Earl and Hersey are obviously great players and we think they'll work great with the guys we have right now. They're both unselfish players as well as fantastic scorers. They should fit right in. Gary is a guy who can get hot in a hurry as well so we'll be looking to him to provide a scoring punch off the bench."

This move gives the Bulls bench a perimeter scoring boost beyond the spot up shooting that Ainge and Armstrong provided. Monroe is expected to start next to Iverson while Hawkins will fill in Nance's role as the 6th man. The Bulls will miss McKie's defense, but perhaps in this case the best defense is good offense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Chuck Person off the bench is the key.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Still following unlike Capt. :deer:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chuck Person off the bench is the key.
He would be if he could get himself open more. If he gets space he's cash. I'll run a few plays for him next game and see how that works. I kept forgetting to run plays in general these first couple games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Updated roster post trade

PG-Earl Monroe
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Paul Pierce
PF-John Williams
C-Joakim Noah

Bench
SG-Hersey Hawkins
SG-Gary Neal
PF-Sidney Green
SF-Chuck Person
PF-Nick Collison
C-Tree Rollins
SG-Bill Walker
C-Nazr Mohammed

Why yes, I do have 1 PG and 4 SGs...what of it? :tiptoe:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Updated roster post trade

PG-Earl Monroe
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Paul Pierce
PF-John Williams
C-Joakim Noah

Bench
SG-Hersey Hawkins
SG-Gary Neal
PF-Sidney Green
SF-Chuck Person
PF-Nick Collison
C-Tree Rollins
SG-Bill Walker
C-Nazr Mohammed

Why yes, I do have 1 PG and 4 SGs...what of it? :tiptoe:

You've basically got 3 PGs on the floor with your starters in Monroe, Iverson and Noah :reptar:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gary Neal :lol:

Hey clone now you got 5 people following :hi5:

Last edited:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well...here it is. I put in a bunch of historic teams and let the fantasy draft fly. I will be playing as the present day Bulls. There's a few duplicates of teams like the Knicks and Spurs and 76ers because certain players I wanted to have in the game were on different versions of those teams. I tried to avoid having duplicate players, but there's a couple Horace Grant's and Danny Ainge's floating around because they were on different teams. There's also 2 MJ's (85 and 91 if you care) and I have neither of them.

I had the 3rd pick in the draft and opted to build my team around Allen Iverson. I could've gotten Shaq or Kobe or 85 MJ, but I felt like going with AI...so sue me.

Settings: 29 game season, best of 7 playoffs. Hall of Fame difficulty with Simulation sliders.

Roster
PG-Aaron McKie
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Paul Pierce
PF-John Williams
C-Joakim Noah

Bench
SF-Larry Nance
SG-Danny Ainge
PG-BJ Armstrong
PF-Sidney Green
SF-Chuck Person
PF-Nick Collison
C-Tree Rollins

Hope the 3 people that read this enjoy. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Could I do something similar w/ 2k12?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could I do something similar w/ 2k12?
Hmm...possibly. Assuming you unlocked them.

I did this by turning fantasy draft on and enabling something like team customization (forget the exact setting name but it'll be fairly obvious) in association settings. From there I was brought to a screen where edit which teams were in what division and I just changed a bunch of teams to their historic counterparts.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You've basically got 3 PGs on the floor with your starters in Monroe, Iverson and Noah :reptar:
Plus a point forward in Pierce. ;)

But yes, I know I'm good when it comes to PGs. Monroe, Iverson, Neal, and Hawkins are all PG/SGs in reality. They can all play with each other no problem. The only "issue" is the whole 6'3" and under thing, but I mean, I picked Iverson to build my team around, clearly I don't care about that. :elephant:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jordan
G. Payton
Pippen
Rodman
Noah

That'd be my team. :shifty: