The Final Countdown: White Sox Trade Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Peavy will be moved. At this point its gotta just be Hahn weighing the different options and making the best deal. Maybe he's waiting out on whether St. Louis wants a package or not?

I don't see Rios being moved.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
mlbtraderumors.com

Jake Peavy Rumors: Sunday
By Edward Creech [July 28 at 4:19pm CST]
Jake Peavy has cleared his belongings from the White Sox's clubhouse and is prepared to be traded soon, reports ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine. "It is sad to think that this is probably my last day in here," Peavy said this morning. "We all realize the reality of the situation and I am prepared with that to happen soon. If I am not traded I would be happy to know the message here is we think we can win it all next year with you a part of it. I am reflecting on my four years here as we speak and getting a little caught up in the emotion. It is a sad day when you think it could be your last. This is a business and this is what we do. I will always cherish the people here and my time in Chicago." Here are the other rumors involving Peavy today:

The White Sox have shown no interest in absorbing any of the approximately $24MM owed Peavy and that, along with health concerns, are big issues for the Braves, Orioles, Cardinals, and even the Dodgers, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark.
Earlier Updates
The Braves are no longer in the mix for Peavy, tweets FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal. In a separate tweet, Rosenthal notes Orioles owner Peter Angelos has historically been a stickler on medical issues and Peavy's long injury history may affect their pursuit.
The sense is the A's are working the hardest to acquire Peavy while the Braves like him but not enough to offer a significant package, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post.
The current front-runners for Peavy are (in order): A's, Cardinals, Red Sox, and Orioles, according to ESPN's Buster Olney (Twitter link).
The White Sox are targeting top prospects, but interested teams figure the price will come down and see the Sox accepting multiple prospects instead, tweets Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports. Passan, in a separate tweet, reports the asking price for Peavy is higher than for Matt Garza.
Levine notes, in the aforementioned article, talks with the Braves have heated up since Tim Hudson's season-ending ankle injury, but MLB.com's Mark Bowman writes, while there might be some lingering interest in Peavy, GM Frank Wren appears focused on upgrading the bullpen.
The Cardinals are continuing their pursuit of Peavy and Alexei Ramirez, tweets Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio. Bowden lists Carlos Martinez, Joe Kelly and Kolten Wong as names being mentioned on the Cardinals' end.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Konerko was asked if trade rumors affect White Sox's play: "Not really. We were s***ty before the rumors"

:rolling:

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
#Cardinals not close to any trade, says @LangoschMLB. They've discussed Martinez/Wacha/Wong with #WhiteSox for Peavy,

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping that with this "A's are the front runners" talk, that the Rangers say fuck it and give up Profar. They've been trying desparately to win a WS the past few years. They're really going for it now. Hopefully we do a blockbuster with Peavy, Rios and like Lindstrom or Crain in exchange for Profar and a couple other prospects

I'm also curious is Profar untouchable and if Hahn has asked about him.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm 5h
White Sox have not traded Peavy....continue trade negotiations but "in all likelihood will be moved by deadline" #A's #Braves #Cards #RSox

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Interesting article on Peavy trade to Oakland the 21 year old dominican starting pitcher who is 6 foot 7 and 210 pounds for A ball in Oakland.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Yes indeed. Hope ya dont mind I know i got a lot of posts from all the different rumors. I dont wana make one giant post it'll seem cluttered.

Ton of poker faces/rumors or reports going around. MLB trade deadline is like the NFL draft for me. So exciting. Hahn has to execute his plan to the T. Peavy's value will be higher now than in the offseason. So many teams need starters we should do fine. I hope we move Rios and Ramirez as well. Those 3 gone would make me happy.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
You play MLB 2K13? I got a ps3 and love MLB the show. I have an xbox as well but fucking hate 2k baseball series.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You play MLB 2K13? I got a ps3 and love MLB the show. I have an xbox as well but fucking hate 2k baseball series.

yup have 360 and 2k13. its improved a bit but nothing like the show...too many glitches.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
The show is cool. The only issues I have are the menu music skipping. WTF I don't know why man. And the commentary is ok. Needs to be more free flowing. The best sports game commentary wise was QB Club 04 I believe the year was. My name on xbox is Empiricaltoe

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
So much better than 2K. I got ps3 a month ago for The Last of Us-which is a frappin masterpiece.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Just had a fire sale in MLB the Show; traded Peavy and Ramirez to STL, Rios to PIT, Crain to COL, Keppinger, Flowers, Axelrod to NYY, Lindstrom and Morel to DBacks

Got in return for all those deals: SP Randall Delgado and a 3B Ricky Pina, SP B. Marshall and SS P. Gonzales, SP Henry Pineda, RF Jose Tabata and SS Chase D Arnaud, and the big deal was getting SP M. Wacha, SP C. Martinez and RP K. Siegrist. Some of these guys might not be real but I loaded up on top 50 prospects and mid-tier high potential prospects.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So a trade talk thread has turned into a Video Game thread? Dews, do your mod duty and move this stuff to the right forum.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
We were just chatting a little man relax. No one fucking uses this thread anyways besides me and Dews lol.

Anyways, I anticipate a deal today because Jake is scheduled to pitch tomorrow. Unless they sit Peavy and go with Axelrod tomorrow.

I hope we package Peavy and Ramirez to STL or Peavy and Rios to TEX. ATL isn't really in it because they don't have much to offer in terms of prospects. A's wouldn't be bad because they got a good young giant pitcher Michael Ynoa (I believe thats how you say it) who is 6'7 210

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So a trade talk thread has turned into a Video Game thread? Dews, do your mod duty and move this stuff to the right forum.

so what? its been me and the hurt talking and using this thread and it didnt derail at all. we talk about video games and than back to the topic. pick your battles

Status
Not open for further replies.