If the Bulls had Nikola Mirotic, would they be rightful title favorites?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I have no idea what I was saying.....I know I wasn't saying the Nets and Heat have a chance at 70, I think the Bulls, Nets, and Heat, Wizards are the teams that have to stopt the Cavs from winning 70.

I like the Bulls in the East though, we have a deeper roster.

we had a deeper than the heat in 2011 aswell

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we had a deeper roster in 2011
You can make the case that this roster has just as much depth. The main difference is that there's two rookies in this bench unit vs having Asik as the only rookie rotation player.

Watson - Brooks
Brewer - Hinrich
Korver - McDermott
Gibson - Gibson
Asik - Mirotic

And if you want you can throw in Thomas vs Nazr. There's a lot of parallels between that bench and this bench.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
You can make the case that this roster has just as much depth. The main difference is that there's two rookies in this bench unit vs having Asik as the only rookie rotation player.

Watson - Brooks
Brewer - Hinrich
Korver - McDermott
Gibson - Gibson
Asik - Mirotic

And if you want you can throw in Thomas vs Nazr. There's a lot of parallels between that bench and this bench.

thats not what i meant

he said we have a deeper roster than the cavs so he likes our chances and what i meant was we had a deeper roster than the Heat in 2011 aswell and it didn't give us any advantage

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
thats not what i meant

he said we have a deeper roster than the cavs so he likes our chances and what i meant was we had a deeper roster than the Heat in 2011 aswell and it didn't give us any advantage
whoops...context

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was impressed about the job that the new guys did on defense. Mirotic looks pretty big and long to me and McDermott gets after it also. With Gibson as the leader of the 2nd unit, he can clean up underneath on their misses and support them defensively. They dominated things in that 2nd quarter of the game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was impressed about the job that the new guys did on defense. Mirotic looks pretty big and long to me and McDermott gets after it also. With Gibson as the leader of the 2nd unit, he can clean up underneath on their misses and support them defensively. They dominated things in that 2nd quarter of the game.

yes....the bench mob is back. Would trade Brooks for C.J.Watson and Hinrich for Brewer, but the bench mob is led from the forwards now.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
yes....the bench mob is back. Would trade Brooks for C.J.Watson and Hinrich for Brewer, but the bench mob is led from the forwards now.

Hinrich & Brooks > Watson & Brewer

The only guys from the old bench mob I miss is Asik and Korver, but we have McDermott now so I don't really miss Korver that much anymore. :)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hinrich & Brooks > Watson & Brewer

The only guys from the old bench mob I miss is Asik and Korver, but we have McDermott now so I don't really miss Korver that much anymore. :)

I don't know about your guard decisions there, I'd rather just have Nate Robinson and D.J.Augustin. I think Mirotic is better than Asik, but he is a different flavor. It looks like he can get a steal a game in limited minutes though.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Watson - Brooks
Brewer - Hinrich
Korver - McDermott
Gibson - Gibson
Asik - Mirotic

Yeah. That bench mob in 2011 was an awesome one. Going on potential, this group could be as good and down the road, 2 of them are stars in waiting(Mirotic and McDermott.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we had a deeper roster in 2011

Deeper but not better. I'll take Aaron Brooks over C.J. Watson forever and always. Taj Gibson at center and Mirotic at PF gives their bench an offensive identity that they didn't have in 2011 with Asik and Taj. McDermott over Korver. Hinrich over Brewer.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
still believe that?
Deeper but not better. I'll take Aaron Brooks over C.J. Watson forever and always. Taj Gibson at center and Mirotic at PF gives their bench an offensive identity that they didn't have in 2011 with Asik and Taj. McDermott over Korver. Hinrich over Brewer.

read above where i pointed out what i meant

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Spurs were deeper than the Heat last year and so were the Mavs in 2011, and it gave them the advantage. The starting line-up for Dallas sure wasn't one that most would've considered to measure up with the Heat:

I'm sure most people consider the Heat to have a better starting line-up than either of those Texas teams they lost to in the Finals. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh gives you the best player in the world 2 other top 25 players in the world (first year Wade being a top 5 player in the world). Didn't matter.

Bulls have a shot. Not the best team ever, but they have a shot and you can't deny them yet.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
well the Heat lost those series because they didn't play up to par and the other team had scorching hot shooting

if Kyrie-Bron-Love get to clicking it'll be tough to handle them

i think we have a shot aswell but wouldn't consider us favorites just because we have a deeper roster

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well the Heat lost those series because they didn't play up to par and the other team was scorching hot shooting the ball

if Kyrie-Bron-Love get to clicking it'll be tough to handle them even if our bench is better

i think we have a shot aswell...but wouldn't consider us not favorites just because we have a deeper roster

Championship teams typically have line-ups with lots of two-way players. Kyrie and Love are well below average defensive players. What made the Heat perennial contenders was that all 3 of their core guys could play above average (and, often, well above average) on both ends of the floor.

Bulls have a lot to prove. But so does Cleveland.

In terms of Bulls-vs-Cavs starting line-ups this season, and nothing else:

Rose vs. Irving - Rose
Waiters vs. Butler - close
James vs. Dunleavy - James in domination
Gasol vs. Love - close (one is a two-way player, with experience, and the other is not)
Noah vs. Varejao - Noah

It's not all that one-sided.