White Sox Salary Guide And Discussion Thread

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Or move him to first and he and Dunn can split time. I was just saying if we got Loney.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

that's a nice link there. Thanks!

Let's take them in order.

John Danks is being paid like a #1 or #2 and at this point I am not sure he will get there. Unfortunately his health and his contract make him untradeable at this point.

Adam Dunn needs to finish strong in efforts to generate interest in the off season. If he does or at least has a strong April/May 2014, I think he could be a good trading chip.

Paul Konerko I think might hang it up without any help from the team. If not, I think he could possibly re-sign with us at a discount of say $7 million with incentives and go year to year from here on out.

Alex Rios more than likely will not be on the team in 2015 with the club option so that leaves him possibly getting traded if he clears waivers this season or being shopped again in the off season. In general, I have been a fan and he's been the teams most well rounder non-pitcher, but he has lapses and for the dough, he shouldn't.

Gavin Floyd is hurt and won't be resigned which I am mixed on because he seems to be a team player and a good person all around

Alexei Ramirez is having a horrible year. What's worse is that he's still owed like $30 million dollars. If he was the super D, 15-18 Tater .260 guy, no problem. Is that a risk the team can take that he resumes that type of play? Not for me and I would shop him if I can ASAP.

Jeff Keppinger is owed like $8 million for the next 2+ seasons. It's not a lot of money in general, but it seems you can get his type pretty much. I am ok with him staying or leaving at any point, but I don't want to see him starting any time soon, though he might have too if Alexei is traded.

Gordon Beckham has gotten a lot tossed at him for his offense and rightfully so. But it seems this year it clicked for him. He could be the team's SS next year with Keppinger playing 2b. I wouldn't offer him a longer type contract until he can prove that he can hit next year. Sadly for this team, he's one of the few bright spots.

Dayan Viciedo is an enigma. He should totally be a 25 .280 guy to me. I don;t think he ever will get there. I want to see him at first to see if it is something he could learn to handle, especially if Paulie retires. He'll be with the team next year. He needs to show something good to have his arbitration years "bought out"

Matt Lindstrom for me was a good signing but at $4 million others might be able to give us the same productivity at less bucks.

De Aza is Arb eligible. The team needs to decide if he's the answer or if they are going to his a FA for him or give a guy like a Jordan Danks regular AB's for league minimum.

Chris Sale is worth five times what he's being paid right now minimum. The only place he is going is Opening Day starter for 2014, 2015, 2016,....

Dewayne Wise. I like him. And it's time to let a younger man have his role on the team.

Addisson Reed has been effective as the team's closer. Unless we get a top hitting prospect offered to us in the off season, there is no reason he won't be in the same role next season.

Tyler Flowers is someone I wanted to have a shot. I now think it's his time to be successful for someone else. I would not make a qualifying offer to him

Nate Jones, Hector Santiago, and Carlos Quintana are all playing not to stay on the team, but to get their Arbitration years bought out too.

Casper Wells was a head scratcher for me when he was picked up and I think he's moving on quite possibly before the end of 2013

Leyson Septimo, Tyler Greene, Blake Tekotte, Deunte Heath, Ramon Troncoso, and Dylan Axelrod will not hurt this team if released.

Josh Phegley and Connor Gillespie are a nice spot for the 2013 team. Looking forward to what they will do in 2014.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I'm ready for konerko to leave. Waste of money at this point. He's too old.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morneau is my #1 target to replace PK at 1st.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Who's Carlos Quintana? :soxtroll:

HAHA. I have him on the brain too often for a guy that got hurt too much for us prior to trading him. I am pretty sure I call Jose Carlos like all the time. #iamadork

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm ready for konerko to leave. Waste of money at this point. He's too old.

I would not call Paulie a waste of money. He took less to stay with us. Contracts often cover past performances.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I just meant in terms of production with his age. Time to move on

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAHA. I have him on the brain too often for a guy that got hurt too much for us prior to trading him. I am pretty sure I call Jose Carlos like all the time. #iamadork

Quentin?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox need a veteran backstop to mentor Phegley.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Here's my MLB the Show lineup for next year lol:

1 CF De Aza
2 3B Keppinger
3 RF Garcia
4 DH Dunn
5 LF Carlos Gonzalez (packaged Viciedo)
6 2B Beckham
7 1B Ishikawa
8 C Phegley
9 Semien

Ah fuck it time to have fun! What ya think about that lineup?

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
hey man lol didn't have a good free agent market at 1st in the game. He's hitting .297 at AAA. lol

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Yessir. Just having a little fun. Doing one with CarGo acquired and one with Garza and the rest young guys except Dunn

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll probably do one just for fun too. Alot better than the real life team. :lol: