White Sox Salary Guide And Discussion Thread

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya. We're not getting CarGo but to hell with it. And my team is realistic. I got rid of Rios, Ramirez and Danks. Traded for CarGo and promoted Garcia, Semien to SS, and Ishikawa.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Don't sign any free agents except for players that'll take 1 year deals on the cheap that you can try to flip at the deadline. I would, however, try to sign Beckham, Quintana, and Santiago to extensions because they shouldn't cost too much to do so.

White Sox are getting $25M from revenue sharing.
They're losing: $13.5M + $9.5M from Konerko and Gavin. plus they're off the hook for Peavy, Thornton, and Crain, now.

That's $48M. They said they're going to invest that into international market, and the draft.

Right now for 2014 the payroll is: $59.2M with only 6 players signed to contracts (Rios, Danks, Dunn, Ramirez, Sale, and Keppinger). Everyone else is arb, or pre-arb. So, obviously that 59.2M will go up with arb.

And its even better because after 2014, Dunn and Rios are off the books.

So, while the farm system is barren, luckily the veterans are all leaving and payroll will be really low, and a rotation is already in place. Not too bad for the start of a rebuild, but not the greatest either.

Last edited:

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Don't sign any free agents except for players that'll take 1 year deals on the cheap that you can try to flip at the deadline. I would, however, try to sign Beckham, Quintana, and Santiago to extensions because they shouldn't cost too much to do so.

White Sox are getting $25M from revenue sharing.
They're losing: $13.5M + $9.5M from Konerko and Gavin. plus they're off the hook for Peavy, Thornton, and Crain, now.

That's $48M. They said they're going to invest that into international market, and the draft.

Right now for 2014 the payroll is: $59.2M with only 6 players signed to contracts (Rios, Danks, Dunn, Ramirez, Sale, and Keppinger). Everyone else is arb, or pre-arb. So, obviously that 59.2M will go up with arb.

And its even better because after 2014, Dunn and Rios are off the books.

So, while the farm system is barren, luckily the veterans are all leaving and payroll will be really low, and a rotation is already in place. Not too bad for the start of a rebuild, but not the greatest either.

You win with pitching though and we're on our way. We have our ace. Just build around him and our rotation. And add to the bullpen around Jones and Reed.
The only real hitter I want to sign is McCann or Loney.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Hopefully we put rios on waivers today and the rangers claim him with Cruz suspended.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hopefully we put rios on waivers today and the rangers claim him with Cruz suspended.

And we just release him with no compensation? I am hoping Rios clears waivers so we can get value back

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I know that part, but if he clears you can negotiate with anyone.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a nice gem Quintana has turned out to be.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Casper Wells claimed on waivers by the Phils.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Alex Rios - OF - White Sox
Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Rangers put in the waiver claim on Alex Rios.
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal was the first to report the claim on Thursday afternoon but did not know the team. Texas had interest in acquiring Rios at the July 31 deadline and ultimately passed but could try a little harder to work out a swap now that Nelson Cruz has decided not to appeal his 50-game PED suspension. Rios, 32, is batting .277/.328/.421 with 12 homers and 26 stolen bases in 109 games this season for Chicago.
Related: Rangers
Source: Evan Grant on Twitter Aug 8 - 3:49 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/white-sox-alex-rios-claimed-off-waivers-080813

Rios claimed off waivers

SHARE THIS STORY

UPDATED AUG 8, 2013 4:16 PM ET

The Chicago White Sox, after declining to trade outfielder Alex Rios in July, might not trade him in August, either.

TRADE PRIMER
Confused by MLB's transaction rules? Don't worry, we'll explain it all.
Rios has been claimed on waivers, according to major-league sources, but the chances of a deal probably would have been greater if he had cleared.

The Texas Rangers are the claiming team, according to the Dallas Morning News. The deadline for the White Sox to trade Rios, dump him on the Rangers or pull him back from waivers is believed to be Friday.

The Rangers also pursued Rios before the July 31 non-waiver deadline. The question is whether they are willing to satisfy the White Sox with a trade offer when they would assume the balance of Rios' $12.5 million salary this season, just under $4 million, plus an additional $15 million in salary and buyout in 2014.

Still, the Rangers have a clear need for Rios, thanks to the suspension of right fielder Nelson Cruz.

The suspension was without pay, so the Rangers will save more than $3.25 million in Cruz’s salary. What’s more, Cruz and outfielder David Murphy are free agents after this season, and Rios can fill one of their spots in 2014.

If the White Sox decline to trade Rios, it is highly unlikely they would put him on waivers a second time before the Aug. 31 deadline for setting postseason rosters. The next set of waivers would be irrevocable, meaning the Sox could lose Rios without getting anything in return.

More likely, the White Sox will pull Rios back if no trade is completed, then try to move him again this offseason, when they again could engage in discussions with every other club.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Get value, no need for a salary dump

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya, I think they get a deal done. Texas needs him with the ped suspension

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might wanna remember that Cruz is a FA too. Rios is locked up for another season.

It makes alot of sense for Texas. Get some more payroll flexibility & hopefully a quality prospect or two.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Would love profar although he hasn't played to his potential. Plus they have no need for him they got andrus and kinsler.
What ya guys think about signing Cruz? Move viciedo to first