White Sox Salary Guide And Discussion Thread

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd rather add Ellsbury and a catcher. Like Cano but no way in hell were signing Ellsbury let alone he and cano

Agreed on fantasy.

That said, would this not be the easiest way to "right the ship" instantly?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Slim chance we can nab Cano , but everything would have to go right, and it isn't that likely that will happen.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Slim chance we can nab Cano , but everything would have to go right, and it isn't that likely that will happen.

I think any team offering 25 per lands him

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Yankees are the only team that can land him realisticly given what he wants. Every other contender already has money set aside for future needs, or already has a second baseman.

However, if ST rolls around I could see the Sox swooping in, and front loading a mega-deal to him while payroll is low, is he isn't signed yet.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
For the white sox to do it it's gota be late like the fielder to Detroit was a couple years ago. However I wouldn't do it. He's 32. He's gona start to wear down.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would like to pry CarGo from Colorado that's my dream trade

I love you for this. You bring it up every few weeks.

The issue is we don't have enough to make an offer that is good let alone able to match other teams. And if we do, the team gets worse not better because of the personnel costs which we do not have a surplus of. Signing a FA stud is better than trading for one because of that for the White Sox right now.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:

The issue is we don't have enough to make an offer that is good let alone able to match other teams. And if we do, the team gets worse not better because of the personnel costs which we do not have a surplus of. Signing a FA stud is better than trading for one because of that for the White Sox right now.

Oh I agree. Just sayin lol I'm a CarGo fan

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
rumor has it we will open up at the 2005 total salary mark which in this day in age its roughly 60 million money to value from 2005 till now. not good for the sox or baseball.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

any player can be had. no matter what the farm rankings are they could get cargo, its just they cant do deals like that a million times

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
does anyone know where we stand as far as current payroll?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
any player can be had. no matter what the farm rankings are they could get cargo, its just they cant do deals like that a million times

Without giving up Sale? Only if the other 20+ teams fell asleep or Colorado choose not to shop him to anyone but us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Without giving up Sale? Only if the other 20+ teams fell asleep or Colorado choose not to shop him to anyone but us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see your point but its not entirely true. packages can vary, packages can be made that can equal a chris sale. now if we are talking this deal, i do NOT give up chris sale for cargo.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I see your point but its not entirely true. packages can vary, packages can be made that can equal a chris sale. now if we are talking this deal, i do NOT give up chris sale for cargo.

Right we can't. And we don't have the grade of prospects that would equal a Sale in my opinion to make the deal and I feel that is really what it would take.