"Elroy In Diapers" Made A Millionaire.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
CHICAGO -- On Thursday night, the Cubs officially announced the signing of Dominican outfielder Eloy Jimenez, the top-ranked international prospect, according to MLB.com.

Jimenez signed for $2.8 million and a college bonus, which MLB.com first reported in early July.

"It's my dream to be a Major League Baseball player, but I don't want to just get there," Jimenez told MLB.com in June. "I want to be one of the best players in the game and to ever come from the Dominican Republic."

The 16-year-old outfielder is considered the crown jewel of this year's international class because of his 6-foot-4, 198-pound frame and multiple tools.

He has plus-speed and gap-to-gap power and is an advanced hitter for his age. Defensively, he's sound with a strong arm and projects as a corner outfielder.

Although Jimenez played for the RBI program in the Dominican Republic and for the International Prospect League, he lacks in-game experience and should continue to grow once he reports to the Cubs' academy.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130801&content_id=55570438&vkey=news_chc&c_id=chc

Nice to see more cash spent to improve the ML team for 2028. Let's hope old Elroy is potty trained soon after he's off momma's nipples.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nice troll post.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
To be specific he is part of the anti-troll patrol patrol.

Thanks alot Rain. I always thought of myself as an individual. I tend to agree with ones that are realistic over the dreamy type.

I am flattered however that some believe me to be beyond a fuckhead and racist scumbag.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thanks alot Rain. I always thought of myself as an individual. I tend to agree with ones that are realistic over the dreamy type.
I tend to be a realist, but I'm somewhere stuck in the middle of discussions here quite often. I'm realistic, but I also know there is a plan in place. Complaining about the plan every day on a forum as it appears some like to do isn't going to change that plan. :)

I miss your pic in the sig with the woman. I know it was some sort of a mug shot and I can't remember what the story was.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pro tip --

Adrian Beltre was signed by the Dodgers as a 15-year-old and made his MLB debut at 19. I'd say he's turned out to be a pretty good player.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
"Elroy In Diapers" Made A Millionaire.

who Elroy ??? I have this knucklehead on hidden cause he really has nothing of interest to read, but im guessing he writing and saying something stupid about ELOY JIMINEZ..

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
who Elroy ??? I have this knucklehead on hidden cause he really has nothing of interest to read, but im guessing he writing and saying something stupid about ELOY JIMINEZ..

Keep me on hidden and stop peeking. It obviously makes you look even more foolish.

But most already know that.

Here's a sweet song for you. It brings a tear to my eyes and I think of you.

[video=youtube;s3T0ehLTdSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3T0ehLTdSk&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I tend to be a realist, but I'm somewhere stuck in the middle of discussions here quite often. I'm realistic, but I also know there is a plan in place. Complaining about the plan every day on a forum as it appears some like to do isn't going to change that plan. :)

I miss your pic in the sig with the woman. I know it was some sort of a mug shot and I can't remember what the story was.

I agree entirely.

However, mountsalami is one who complains every day about "the plan".

To criticize the organization for signing a guy because he won't play "until 2028" clearly shows taht he - like others - feels theo and Jed should plant no seeds for later. Only focus on guys who are in the majors now. Great way to plan for the future!!

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I agree entirely.

However, mountsalami is one who complains every day about "the plan".

To criticize the organization for signing a guy because he won't play "until 2028" clearly shows taht he - like others - feels theo and Jed should plant no seeds for later. Only focus on guys who are in the majors now. Great way to plan for the future!!

Nothing wrong with planting your seeds. It doesn't have to come at the expense of not even trying to compete at the ML level. Of course you seem to forget that I'm in the party of doing BOTH. But after a thousand times saying this most of you seem to constantly forget.

BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

Here she is and happy meat-beating.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Chicago Cubs President Theo Epstein received a troubling call on Jan. 10 when Cook County officials rang to tell him the woman accused of stalking him last year had gone MIA.

Despite her court order to wear a GPS ankle monitor, Kathleen Kearney was able to slip free from her family's home in the Boston area earlier in January. Officials received an alert shortly after 5 a.m. that the 45-year-old accused stalker's monitoring device hadn't been charged and was no longer emitting a signal. Last officials knew: she was on a northbound train in Boston.

According to West Roxbury Patch in Boston, Kearney later "showed up unannounced" at the nearby Holy Name grammar school to discuss a volunteer librarian position. The Harvard-educated Kearney was a former librarian, according to the Boston Globe.

Holy Name Principal Lynne Workman sent an email to parents detailing the incident, in which Kearney allegedly asked for medical attention before wandering away. EMT's responded to the scene and took her to a Boston hospital and no kids were hurt.

The Canton, Mass. native's disappearing act was enough, however, for a Cook County judge overseeing her case to issue a warrant for her arrest; the Tribune says prosecutors want to extradite Kearney to Chicago after she's released from treatment in a mental health facility.

In July of last year, Kearney was arrested and charged with two counts of felony stalking. The Sun-Times reported in July Kearney flew to Chicago, rented a Ford Mustang and Google Map searched Epstein's Lakeview home. Kearney reportedly was able to get past the gate, introduced herself to Epstein's wife, Marie, and proceeded to offer birthday presents she had brought for the couple's infant son. Kearney later returned when she spotted Epstein walking home.

Kearney was photographed appearing at her July 2012 court date sporting a Boston Red Sox shirt, according to Deadspin. Epstein, the former General Manager of the Red Sox, had previously filed a restraining order against Kearney when he was still living in Boston.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thanks for posting. I couldn't remember the story and I knew I had seen that pic before. Bizarre and scary at the same time.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Despite the literally dozen of times that you have been corrected that some of us would like to see BOTH seeds planted for the future and seeds planted on guys who are in the majors now, you continue to flat out lie, throw your sippy cup, whine about and accuse people of saying things that were never said.

That leaves two conclusions.

1. You are too dumb to comprehend what has been told to you dozens of times.

2. You are a troll who is intentionally lying about what has been said.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Despite the literally dozen of times that you have been corrected that some of us would like to see BOTH seeds planted for the future and seeds planted on guys who are in the majors now, you continue to flat out lie, throw your sippy cup, whine about and accuse people of saying things that were never said.

That leaves two conclusions.

1. You are too dumb to comprehend what has been told to you dozens of times.

2. You are a troll who is intentionally lying about what has been said.

If you want both, then why would you poke fun at or criticize the front office for signing the best international prospect out there? As you've said, overspending on international FA or on the draft is still not too much money, so this signing in particular does not hurt the ability to do both. The "Elroy in Diapers" doesn't seem supportive of doing both, if you support developing talent at all, this signing should be pleasing, not another thing to use to try to belittle the FO. It's the way he posted this/the title that got him pointing that out.. If it wasn't the intent, then it sure seemed like it.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
If you want both, then why would you poke fun at or criticize the front office for signing the best international prospect out there? As you've said, overspending on international FA or on the draft is still not too much money, so this signing in particular does not hurt the ability to do both. The "Elroy in Diapers" doesn't seem supportive of doing both, if you support developing talent at all, this signing should be pleasing, not another thing to use to try to belittle the FO. It's the way he posted this/the title that got him pointing that out.. If it wasn't the intent, then it sure seemed like it.

Concentrating on prospects and paying them handsomely is not doing both. I'm glad they are trying to collect some future talent. But in the meantime the ML team remains stagnant for this cause, which is complete and utter bullshit.

It's far from doing BOTH.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Pro tip --

Adrian Beltre was signed by the Dodgers as a 15-year-old and made his MLB debut at 19. I'd say he's turned out to be a pretty good player.

Same with Miguel Cabrera and Starlin Castro

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Concentrating on prospects and paying them handsomely is not doing both. I'm glad they are trying to collect some future talent. But in the meantime the ML team remains stagnant for this cause, which is complete and utter bullshit.

It's far from doing BOTH.

This is a fair point. However there is not all that much that can be done right now in season. Sure we could trade prospects to get better but it wouldn't make much of a difference

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Same with Miguel Cabrera and Starlin Castro

Castro was signed at 16 and debuted at 20.

Jos, are you sure he signed at 15? Don't players have to be 16 to be eligible?