Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Martz and Turner didn't ask him to block, that's what Clark was on the field for.

Actually Martz did want him to block and he could not hack it. Why do you think he was traded?

BBQb

Liked Posts:
I didn't take the OP to heart. But I did laugh at the snickers

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
damn, now I have to get up and get a beer. I can't wait to keep hitting F5 to see how this plays out. I was getting bored with the Riley Cooper one anyway.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What happened? Did Bennett get in a fight at practice?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Olsen was essentially a WR, which was what the Bears needed at that point. With Marshall and, hopefully, the emergence of Alshon, Bennett is a better fit and a more well rounded TE.

That's what we can hope for. Bennett never really had an opportunity to blossom since he was stuck behind Jason Witten for the first four years of his career. He looked pretty good last year in a Giants uni, so hopefully he's able to provide a consistent target over the middle. It'll make it a hell of a lot easier if Jeffery can stay healthy. I don't like the fact that he got into four fights today, it doesn't matter how long the workouts are, or the fact that it's training camp -- you're not there to act like an asshole.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Actually Martz did want him to block and he could not hack it. Why do you think he was traded?

He was traded because he didn't fit well in Martz's scheme. They brought in Spaeth to be the new "blocking" tight end and that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. At the very least, I'm glad the third rounder we got from Carolina ended up turning into Brandon Marshall.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
The bottom line is whether he is an asshole or not and whether Olsen was better or not, the Bears don't have another capable TE on the roster. Therefore releasing Bennett is fucking idiotic.

BBQb

Liked Posts:
What happened? Did Bennett get in a fight at practice?

There was some normal TC football brawls, apparently started by MBennett several times.
But it's irrelevant. You have a perp fishing around (OP) and the rest is popcorn time. Prolly to see who's wound up pretty tight. But then I could be wrong.

winterwarz

I'm calling it now, dude won't last two seasons here. Didn't like the signing in March, and my opinion has only worsened.

We'll wait for his meltdown in GB in Week 9 or against the Giants or Cowboys.

beats-me.gif

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There was some normal TC football brawls, apparently started by MBennett several times.
But it's irrelevant. You have a perp fishing around (OP) and the rest is popcorn time. Prolly to see who's wound up pretty tight. But then I could be wrong.

:isee:

I think of this thread as a placeholder for the regular season.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
You're right -- 194 catches for 1981 yards and 20 touchdowns is terrible production from your tight end. So were those 6 catches for 146 yards he gave us in the 2010 postseason.
Sarcastic or not, you're right. 1981 yards in four seasons, combined with terrible blocking, is poor production.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sarcastic or not, you're right. 1981 yards in four seasons, combined with terrible blocking, is poor production.

And the great one has 1472 yards in his career so far.

Whoops.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
And the great one has 1472 yards in his career so far.

Whoops.

Bennett has been a backup who has generally been used as a blocker. Last season when given the opportunity to start he was more productive than what Olson averaged as a receiver while being ten times the blocker.