What are your expectations for Jon Bostic and Khaseem Greene this year?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How do you think Bostic and Greene will fare this season? It's nice seeing Bostic get first team reps with Williams down. The reports I've read have praised both guys, Bostic especially. Briggs has given plenty of insight to Greene.

Khaseem-Greene-Jon-Bostic-Chicago-Bears-2013-Rookie-Minicamp.jpg

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
3 ST forced fumbles from Greene...

Bostic 80 tackles... 1forced fumble, 4 fumble recoveries . 2 sacks... 3 interceptions...

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect Greene to contribute on ST and get some mop-up time experience. That is if everyone stays healthy. My expectations for Bostic are a little different. If Williams' injury lingers I expect him to contribute and make a few great plays but also to make rookie mistakes. If Williams recovers fully I expect the same from Bostic as I do Greene.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Greene seems to be learning slowly. I had high hopes. Time will tell.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I expect them to play football...where's my prize?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm hoping Bostic works his way onto the field somewhere and I don't expect much from Greene.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
If DJ makes it back to the field then I predict about 30-45 tackles for Bostic playing in situational roles. If not, Bostic should snag about 80 tackles. Greene will be about 10 ST tackles since he's learning slowly

BBQb

Liked Posts:
Just stay out of trouble, keep learning, ask questions, stay in shape, be positive, and be ready to contribute as a Chicago Bears linebacker better than if they were linebackers for any other team. I have no expectations for stats or ST play. These dudes have to see the writing on the wall. The future is right in front of them. They need to be prepared during camp and be ready as soon as possible. The guys in front of them won't be here forever, esp with age and unforeseen injuries.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I expect both to work there way into the starting lineup by seasons end. The FA's LBs we got are on a one year deal. Get the young guys ready.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I think Bostic will be starting by the bye week. From everything I heard he's been killing it in training camp since Williams got injured.

As for Greene, I think he won't get a legitimate chance to start until next year at least.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I expect Bostic and Greene to be ST Aces this year.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Bostic is the starter sooner rather than later, right around week four I would suspect. Greene a backup and special teamer all year long.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Bostic is the starter sooner rather than later, right around week four I would suspect. Greene a backup and special teamer all year long.
I think it will take an injury for Bostic to see the field. That, or a 20 pt lead. If Bostic plays lights out in fill-in, he may keep it. I don't foresee the happening this yr. There's an awful lot to learn for a rookie LB. Doesn't happen often.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
How do you think Bostic and Greene will fare this season? It's nice seeing Bostic get first team reps with Williams down. The reports I've read have praised both guys, Bostic especially. Briggs has given plenty of insight to Greene.

If you don't mind what did Briggs have to say about Greene? Did I miss an article?

I don't expect anything but special teams play this year but long term Bostic seems to be a cerebal fast MLB..he doesn't have the height of Urlarcher or the extreme athletics but he can be a leader in the middle assuming he can become adept at the deep zone coverage assuming we keep the same scheme. Honestly watching the college tape available he spent a lot of time blowing up blockers over making plays/tackles but his role will be much different in our system. I think his biggest adjustment will be taking away the passing zones especially deep. That takes experience and a special awareness.

Green look like a turnover machine and could be a special player for us.

That being said both are young pups and need to prove they can adjust to the NFL. That being said those two make every preseason game this year worth watching. I see a lot of upside and am looking forward to watching their development.