2013 Chicago bears offensive stats predictions

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.therunnersports.com/2013/08/04/chicago-bears-offensive-statistics-predictions-for-2013/

Chicago Bears Offensive Statistics Predictions for 2013
One of my favorite things to do as a writer is make predictions. While you never know what will actually happen, it’s always fun to read and write about what you think could happen. You can even read my game by game predictions for the Bears’ season here. Anyway, the Chicago Bears fired long time, and successful coach Lovie Smith right after he finished 10-6. While Lovie Smith was successful, and won a lot of games as head coach of the Bears, he never won a Super Bowl, which is clearly the only situation Chicago feels is a successful one. While Smith won games with the Bears, took them to the playoffs, and even brought them to a Super Bowl, his predictable offense was never enough to bring the Bears true success. Football is an offensive game today, from high school to the NFL, and teams need a coach who can put an offense on the field that isn’t from the 1960′s.

That is why the Bears went out and hired Marc Trestman, an offensive whiz who was previously the head coach of the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL. Trestman is known around the NFL for his ability to help quarterbacks improve, and his offensive knowledge. What he brings with him is a faster paced, more balanced offense. The Bears will be running plays quickly, so there will be no more frustrating first quarter timeouts because a play didn’t get called in time. Chicago will see more of a passing attack, and one that isn’t the long, five-step drop dominant passing game Mike Martz brought, and one that isn’t as simple as the one Mike Tice brought to the table. So what can we expect statistically-wise from the Chicago Bears? I’ll give you a look at what I see happening. I’ll be previewing 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR and 1 TE.

Quarterback: Jay Cutler

2012 Statistics: 255 Completions, 434 Attempts, 59% Completion Percentage, 3,033 YDS, 19 TD, 14 INT, 81.3 Rating.

I know I’ve been saying it every year, but this will be Jay Cutler’s breakout year on the Bears. The gunslinger has all the talent in the world, and Chicago has finally surrounded him with legitimate weapons, an okay offensive line, and a capable coaching staff. This is Cutler’s contract year, so he better hope he succeeds, too. With the incentive of a big contract, and the tools around him to help him out, Cutler will find himself playing at a much higher level. He will have big, reliable receivers who will be running less predictable routes, so you can even expect Cutler to throw less interceptions than usual.

Predicted 2013 Statistics: 338 Completions, 540 attempts, 63% Completion Percentage, 3,725 YDS, 28 TD, 13 INT, 90.2 Rating.

Runningbacks: Matt Forte

2012 Statistics: 248 ATT, 1,094 YDS, 4.4 AVG, 5 TDS. 44 REC, 340 YDS, 7.7 AVG, 1 TD.

Matt Forte has a lot of questions to answer for me. The fan favorite hasn’t put up over 10 touchdowns (combined rushing and receiving) since his rookie season. He has also dealt with injuries over the course of his career, and hasn’t played in 16 games since 2010. Hopefully, Forte can stay healthy this year, and actually find a way to score the ball the way he should. While the Bears will be featuring passing much more predominately this year, they will definitely be running the ball a decent amount with a back like Forte in the backfield. Also, as one of the best receivers on the team, Forte will factor into the passing game a lot. This will be the second year of Forte’s career in which he goes over double digits in terms of touchdowns. Oh, and he also plays in every game.

Predicted 2013 Statistics: 235 ATT, 1,047 YDS, 4.5 AVG, 7 TD. 60 REC, 512 YDS, 8.5 AVG, 5 TD.

Michael Bush

2012 Statistics: 114 ATT, 411 YDS, 3.6 AVG, 5 TD. 9 REC, 83 YDS, 9.2 AVG.

Bush did his role very well in 2012, though he was limited to just 13 games. Bush is a bruiser, and has surprising agility for his size. He will get a boatload of carries in third down and short, and goal line situations. He still will not be much of a factor in the passing game, as that is Forte’s forte, but you can expect Bush to punch the ball over the first down marker and goal line throughout the season if he stays healthy.

Predicted 2013 Statistics: 140 ATT, 523 YDS, 3.7 AVG, 6 TD. 10 REC, 86 YDS, 8.6 AVG.

Wide Receivers: Brandon Marshall

2012 Statistics: 118 REC, 1,508 YDS, 12.8 AVG, 11 TD.

Brandon Marshall was a welcome sight to all Bears fans when Chicago traded two 3rd round draft picks to Miami in order to bring the 6’4 beast to the Windy City. He did not disappoint during his first year as a Bear, solidifying his status as a top 5 wide receiver in the NFL. It’s been a while since Chicago saw a back-to-back 1,000 yard receiver. Over 10 years, in fact, as Marty Booker did it last in 2001 and 2002. It is pretty safe to say, however, that the Bears will see a back-to-back 1,000 yard receiver this year in Marshall. Expect a lot of excitement from Jay Cutler’s favorite target.

Predicted 2013 Statistics: 105 REC, 1,329 YDS, 12.7 AVG, 10 TD.

Alshon Jeffery

2012 Statistics: 24 REC, 367 YDS, 15.3 AVG, 3 TD.

Alshon Jeffery flashed a lot of potential as a rookie, despite dealing with injuries and only playing 10 games. The big-bodied wide out came into camp in great shape this year, and his teammates have been raving about how great he has looked in practices. He’s made some highlight grabs, and ran crisp routes. Bears fans should be very excited about the tandem of Marshall and Jeffery, as Cutler will have two, big wide receivers capable of producing in the red zone.

Predicted 2013 Statistics: 57 REC, 723 YDS, 12.7 AVG, 5 TD.

Earl Bennett

2012 Statistics: 29 REC, 375 YDS, 12.9 AVG, 2 TD.

Earl Bennett has been a favorite 3rd down target for Jay Cutler since they both came to Chicago in 2009. The problem is that Bennett has been injury prone since his impressive rookie season. Even further, now that Martellus Bennett is on the roster, Earl Bennett will see less balls thrown his way. I don’t see too much of a production spike from 2012, but Bennett will still come in handy on third downs for Cutler as he looks for a familiar target.

Predicted 2013 Statistics: 35 REC, 401 YDS, 11.5 AVG, 2 TD.

Tight End: Martellus Bennett

2012 Statistics: 55 REC, 626 YDS, 11.4 AVG, 5 TD.

The Bears finally picked up a tight end capable of producing in the passing game as well as run and pass protection. Though Bennett is a little bit of a head case, he is a talented tight end, and gives Jay Cutler another big target in the red zone. Bennett is fast, strong and will go up and fight for balls just like Marshall and Jeffery. Expect Bennett to pull in similar numbers that he put up in New York, just slightly below his dynamic 2012 numbers.

Predicted 2013 Statistics: 48 REC, 562 YDS, 11.7 AVG, 4 TD.

So there we have my predictions for the Bears’ offensive players! It’s going to be a good year to be a Bears fan, that’s for sure. Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you! Make sure to like us on Facebook to keep updated with all of our sports stories.

- See more at: http://www.therunnersports.com/2013...cs-predictions-for-2013/#sthash.kjrXVCMx.dpuf

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be pretty happy if those were Jay's numbers by season's end.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would love these stats

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would love that from Cutler.

Think Forte gets more touches than he predicts and Bush a little less.

M Bennett gets a few more catches than he says. I think they're going to use him a lot.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bennet will have more TD's than he's predicting as well.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
Predicted 2013 Statistics: 235 ATT, 1,047 YDS

MauryLaughing.gif

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think his WR yardage is off. BM better not be getting no 118 catches for 1500 yards this year.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Black Unicorn, Alshon, and B marsh all will float around 10 TD.