NFL Pick'em League

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can do that but what's the advantage to listing the games you're more confident about last?

Because the number you assign to the games is how many points you get if you pick the winner. So you want to assign the higher numbers to the games you're most confident about.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can do that but what's the advantage to listing the games you're more confident about last?

The game your most confident in, Put as 16 because you get 16 points, if you put the game your most confident in as 1, you will only benefit one point from it

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because the number you assign to the games is how many points you get if you pick the winner. So you want to assign the higher numbers to the games you're most confident about.
Making perfect sense now. I'm in and X need not worry about paying college tuition for my kids cause I have a propensity to over-think things when I do any kind of picks.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Making perfect sense now. I'm in and X need not worry about paying college tuition for my kids cause I have a propensity to over-think things when I do any kind of picks.

haha, I'm in a money pick'em league, and this is the 3rd year in existence...the first year, I won, easily. I made every pick by gut. Last year, I sat down and thought out every single pick -- came in 6th. :lol:

15 in...Let's get to 20!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you spend more than 5 minutes a week on these picks, you're doing it wrong.

Now if I'm putting $200 on a game I research the hell out of it before I lose.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Picks in, will have something Bears related to donate too for the one that finishes 20th (Something different. Must play each week).

Reactions: X

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Still room? I want in. A few questions, do u make your picks on a week to week basis, and when do they have to be in by?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still room? I want in. A few questions, do u make your picks on a week to week basis, and when do they have to be in by?

You make your picks every week and they have to be in 5 minutes before the first game ( which is usually the Thursday game) begins.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Thanks Mick. Has anyone ever played in a Last man standing league? Those are fun as hell also. Pick one game per week (what u deem the most favorable) the first time u get a pick wrong you're out. What makes it fun are the Weekly upsets and u only have one shot to get it right. Been doing this for two years with buds for money. The pressure also makes it a good time when you get down to 3 or 4 guys left. No room for error. I propose we do one of those as well.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks Mick. Has anyone ever played in a Last man standing league? Those are fun as hell also. Pick one game per week (what u deem the most favorable) the first time u get a pick wrong you're out. What makes it fun are the Weekly upsets and u only have one shot to get it right. Been doing this for two years with buds for money. The pressure also makes it a good time when you get down to 3 or 4 guys left. No room for error. I propose we do one of those as well.

Yeah we had one of these every year on the old CBMB. You only got to pick each team once though, so if you picked the Bears (for example) as your sure bet to win in week one, and they won and you stayed alive, you can't pick the Bears again in the season.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You make your picks every week and they have to be in 5 minutes before the first game ( which is usually the Thursday game) begins.

Correction, you can make your picks whenever you want (could go through all 17 weeks right now if you wanted), and the deadline is 5 min before EACH game...So you don't have to make your Sunday picks before Thursday's game.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah we had one of these every year on the old CBMB. You only got to pick each team once though, so if you picked the Bears (for example) as your sure bet to win in week one, and they won and you stayed alive, you can't pick the Bears again in the season.
Yep. I left that important nugget out by mistake. That's probably the biggest monkey wrench in the game, for all the right reasons.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Correction, you can make your picks whenever you want (could go through all 17 weeks right now if you wanted), and the deadline is 5 min before EACH game...So you don't have to make your Sunday picks before Thursday's game.

My bad.

If you're not an idiot, you'll make your picks each week, but technically you could pick all 256 games before lunch time today. If you were an idiot.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My bad.

If you're not an idiot, you'll make your picks each week, but technically you could pick all 256 games before lunch time today. If you were an idiot.

haha, right -- I only made the distinction b/c someone will undoubtedly go out of country and may not have internet access...so it's important to know they can make picks in advance...and I think the 5 min before kickoff thing is new this season. Seemed like the better option.