2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ouch... City losing 3-1 late at Cardiff

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
Been out of town for work the last couple weeks and haven't been able to watch any games. I hope to be able to comment in a couple weeks from now when I'm back home.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Been out of town for work the last couple weeks and haven't been able to watch any games. I hope to be able to comment in a couple weeks from now when I'm back home.

That sucks, between college coming up and work, I'm missing most of the Blackhawks season coming up, but EPL and MLS games should still be good for me fortunately.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Yeah, not so fun...
0-0 halftime. Boring game

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
City looking awful, 0-0 in the 2nd at Stoke, Aguero ready to come in

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
Skipped the United game this morning. I felt like sleeping in and can't stand United. Caught most of Arsenal and Sunderland. I thought Sunderland deserved a point they way they played, but fell 3-1. A disputed non-advantage call cost Jozy Altidore a tying goal and Arsenal scored late.

Everton Chelsea just underway.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ouch, City dominates almost the entire game, but Villa scores on a free kick to equalize and then just a minute or so later gets an awkward breakaway tapped past a net-leaving Hart.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
New follower of the Premier League but what do you guys think about Altidore in Sunderland? Is he going to be there struggling with them for some time to come or is he going to go somewhere else next year? If so, still in BPL or elsewhere? Is it his fault or is Sunderland really that bad?

Still learning soccer on an international level.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
New follower of the Premier League but what do you guys think about Altidore in Sunderland? Is he going to be there struggling with them for some time to come or is he going to go somewhere else next year? If so, still in BPL or elsewhere? Is it his fault or is Sunderland really that bad?

Still learning soccer on an international level.

Yes, Sunderland is that bad. The Di Canio fiasco in August and September didn't help.

I'm a big proponent of our internationals playing abroad in the top leagues. MLS is a nice league, but I want our best training with and playing against the best in the world. I'm disappointed Dempsey came back, but just as much that he left Fulham last year where he was carving out a nice career. Altidore just signed a four year deal so I'm not sure about him moving next year. Maybe he can force Sunderland's hand if they're relegated, though. He did have quite a bit of success in the Dutch league, but that league is nowhere near as good as it was 20 years ago.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, Sunderland is that bad. The Di Canio fiasco in August and September didn't help.

I'm a big proponent of our internationals playing abroad in the top leagues. MLS is a nice league, but I want our best training with and playing against the best in the world. I'm disappointed Dempsey came back, but just as much that he left Fulham last year where he was carving out a nice career. Altidore just signed a four year deal so I'm not sure about him moving next year. Maybe he can force Sunderland's hand if they're relegated, though. He did have quite a bit of success in the Dutch league, but that league is nowhere near as good as it was 20 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. So it seems with the four year deal he is there to stay.I can see why it's best for our players to play in the best leagues, I do want him to stay in the BPL but I wasn't sure what his situation there was. I didn't know if he was like barely on that team being the worst team in that league or if he were to leave Sunderland somehow, he would receive offers from other BPL teams. Sort of what his worth is compared to that league.

I guess Sunderland is equivalent to the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Chicago Cubs or something.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Jozy has proven he can score in Europe. And so far this season he has been the least of Sunderlands problems. He continues to play the way he has, gets a couple of goals for the year (finishing with 7-10 goals) there will be suitors for him regardless of Sunderlands relegation status.

A loan is the thing j see most likely to happen for him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
Suarez is in full swing after coming back from his suspension. He had a hat trick Saturday in Liverpool's 4-1 win against West Brom. It was a nice payback by Liverpool after dominating West Brom towards the end of last season only to lose 2-0 in the last 10 minutes. That was the game that really knocked them out of any chance they had to finish 5th and get a UEFA Cup spot. They sit third in the table even on points with Chelsea and one behind in goal differential.

Nottingham Forest had what is probably their worst game in almost a year losing 3-1 at Yeovil Town who are 22nd out of 24 teams. They're now in 6th place two points behind 4th place Blackpool who they face Saturday.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chelsea just got way lucky against West Brom, but ill take it :p

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Chelsea just got way lucky against West Brom, but ill take it :p

Tie?

City at Sunderland tomorrow, ManU hosts Arsenal (could be trouble for the struggling former juggernauts in Trafford)

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tie?

City at Sunderland tomorrow, ManU hosts Arsenal (could be trouble for the struggling former juggernauts in Trafford)

Ya, Chelsea did not look good at all, a super late PK tied the game up. It was a bogus call and they really did not deserve the point IMO. Who do you root for in the BPL?

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sunderland beating City 1-0....Altidore not starting =(

Also, that United vs Arsenal game should be sweet...looking forward to it right before the Bears kickoff

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
Sunderland hung on in a frantic ending. I was getting anxious watching and I don't have any interest in either side.

My Saturday started out fantastic, Liverpool dominated Fulham 4-0 behind a pair from Suarez. They're now 2nd behind Arsenal.

Forest had a stunning 2-0 win at 2nd place Leicester City. They now sit 5th in the Championship.