Who else has a feeling that Hester is going to have a renaissance?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He looked more like the old Hester but his decision making was the same. All he had to do was read his blockers and he would have had a TD verse the Panthers.

No other returner in football would have even had the chance to take that back. Returning is hard, he can't take every kick back for a score. The important thing is he gave himself the opportunity, who knows the next one might be to the house.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You keep saying this and it keeps being wrong.

How is it wrong, Go back and watch the tape of the return and you will understand. Hester brought it out with his old speed and it looked great but when it came to the point where he had to read the block, he failed once again. The blocker had the defender squared off to the inside and Hester chose to go outside and got tackled right there. If he would have chose the inside path and followed his block, he would have been sprung open for which looked to be a TD.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
He is an emergency WR the same way a punter or WR is an emergency QB. None of those guys practice at QB but it's called "emergency" for a reason.

Yeah. As much as I hated Hester as a WR, the guy could play in a pinch and was never a total failure. Just never should have been featured the way he was.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
How is it wrong, Go back and watch the tape of the return and you will understand. Hester brought it out with his old speed and it looked great but when it came to the point where he had to read the block, he failed once again. The blocker had the defender squared off to the inside and Hester chose to go outside and got tackled right there. If he would have chose the inside path and followed his block, he would have been sprung open for which looked to be a TD.

Armando Allen didn't get nearly enough of his guy to say Hester fucked up. It's completely wrong.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
No other returner in football would have even had the chance to take that back. Returning is hard, he can't take every kick back for a score. The important thing is he gave himself the opportunity, who knows the next one might be to the house.

Unless you are completely thinking of a different return then me, if Hester read his block he had daylight in front of him. The tape doesnt lie my friend and I have watched it over and over again.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Unless you are completely thinking of a different return then me, if Hester read his block he had daylight in front of him. The tape doesnt lie my friend and I have watched it over and over again.

And you keep seeing what you want to see instead of what actually happened.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Armando Allen didn't get nearly enough of his guy to say Hester fucked up. It's completely wrong.

Allen did exactly what he is supposed to on Kick Return. He gave Hester the lane and squared his blocker to the outside giving Hester the hole in between 2 different sets of blockers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hester when playing WR full time couldnt even run a 9 yard out, in, curl, slant or whatever it was they told him to run, I guess you didnt pay attention to his route running. There are reasons why Trestman said he is a full time Returner and wont be playing any offensive positions. The fact is in Trestmans system you dont need a Burner type of WR, especially when you have guys like Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett who are all very good at getting down field. There is nothing hard to see about anything you are saying, its just not going to happen.

Okay BearsFan51, thanks for your definitive all encompassing statement. Its great to know it will never happen because you say so.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I get what you're saying about the verbiage. So you're saying if he was in for one play in the entire game it would be catastrophic? If he were the "emergency WR" and had to fill in for someone in such an emergency situation then you might have a reason to shit yourself but for an occasional play?

But its absurd to put a guy out there and say. Do just this one thing... Separate to him apart from the Offense. Its hampering your team that play.

Its not even like he was great at go routes anyway. Apart from 07 when teams did fear his WR potential I only recall a big play vs the Eagles that was him on a pure go route with great results.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Okay BearsFan51, thanks for your definitive all encompassing statement. Its great to know it will never happen because you say so.

Hahaha all the signs point towards my statement. But its great knowing that Hester is going to show up at random moments on the offensive side of the ball because you said so.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

We are talking about the same return. The point I am making is that he at least gave himself a chance and was in the right position to break it for a long gain or a td. A lot of people are forgetting that despite his bad year last year he still almost broke a few for a td including one that he was tackled inside the opponents 10 yard line because a teammate was celebrating instead of blocking.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hahaha all the signs point towards my statement. But its great knowing that Hester is going to show up at random moments on the offensive side of the ball because you said so.

If you pulled your head out of your ass and read my statement correctly, I originally said I wouldn't be surprised to see him at some random moment in a game as a receiver. I never said he would in fact be used as a receiver. I don't make definitive statements or eliminate possibilities very often.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
If you pulled your head out of your ass and read my statement correctly, I originally said I wouldn't be surprised to see him at some random moment in a game as a receiver. I never said he would in fact be used as a receiver. I don't make definitive statements or eliminate possibilities very often.

And you would be right. Maybe not so much as a receiver, but he will still get offensive snaps. If for no other reason, there is language in his contract that says so.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
We are talking about the same return. The point I am making is that he at least gave himself a chance and was in the right position to break it for a long gain or a td. A lot of people are forgetting that despite his bad year last year he still almost broke a few for a td including one that he was tackled inside the opponents 10 yard line because a teammate was celebrating instead of blocking.

I understand he is giving himself the chance and I like the chances he is taking. But giving himself the chance and not reading your blocks correctly are 2 different things.