Who else has a feeling that Hester is going to have a renaissance?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Ok then please post what you watched here because a minute ago you werent going to go find the video to watch.

I have it dvr'ed. If you want to come over and watch it be my guest but I don't have a clip online nor am I that worried about it that I need to go look for it. If you want to find it then go ahead.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I have it dvr'ed. If you want to come over and watch it be my guest but I don't have a clip online nor am I that worried about it that I need to go look for it. If you want to find it then go ahead.

Kids these days have smart phones dont they??? Why dont you get a video of the game you recorded on your phone and then post it up here? I mean another person came in and agreed with me that Hester misread his blocking, so you arent seeing something right.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Kids these days have smart phones dont they??? Why dont you get a video of the game you recorded on your phone and then post it up here? I mean another person came in and agreed with me that Hester misread his blocking, so you arent seeing something right.

Remember when I said I didn't care enough at 10 pm on a Monday night to prove you wrong? If you want to prove me wrong, or attempt to I guess, then post the video yourself. Not to mention, he also said Hester "may not have". I'm not going to let that opinion from one poster change my thoughts on what I saw (although I respect his opinion and thank him for his post).

With that, I'm going to bed. I'll continue this tomorrow if you feel the need.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Remember when I said I didn't care enough at 10 pm on a Monday night to prove you wrong? If you want to prove me wrong, or attempt to I guess, then post the video yourself. Not to mention, he also said Hester "may not have". I'm not going to let that opinion from one poster change my thoughts on what I saw (although I respect his opinion and thank him for his post).

With that, I'm going to bed. I'll continue this tomorrow if you feel the need.

Your the only one that needs to prove yourself here bud.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because I have a different opinion that yours? That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

This has nothing to do with opinion, it has to do with what happened on the field and on the field it didnt happen the way you think it did. But I thought you didnt care at 10pm on a Monday.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
He IS and WAS the best ever, as they have two different contexts.

And what language in his contract says, he will get offensive snaps or he has too... Not likely existent in any football contract. He was given potential bonuses based on quality wr play.. Not guarantees of any kind.

Fucking A on Tapatalk
Pretend this...
You are an agent of a cornerback, who was drafted only for his return skills, and he, in two years, becomes famous for his returns.

Stick with me now, YOU ARE HIS AGENT. And now his team wants to use him on offense. So, you ask for a new contract, but this new contract has performance based clauses.
Wouldn't you, as his agent, make sure said contract also had clauses the guaranteed opportunities to earn those performance based bonuses, and didn't allow the team to just use him as a returner, a once in a while offensive threat, and play him at CB, where he has no performance bonus coming?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pretend this...
You are an agent of a cornerback, who was drafted only for his return skills, and he, in two years, becomes famous for his returns.

Stick with me now, YOU ARE HIS AGENT. And now his team wants to use him on offense. So, you ask for a new contract, but this new contract has performance based clauses.
Wouldn't you, as his agent, make sure said contract also had clauses the guaranteed opportunities to earn those performance based bonuses, and didn't allow the team to just use him as a returner, a once in a while offensive threat, and play him at CB, where he has no performance bonus coming?

I could pretend it... But I would rather talk about reality here. And beyond the slight historical quirks to how it went down.. Such as Hester already being worked as a wr and not at all at corner his 2nd year which was prior to that deal.

If it were possible to "guarantee opportunities" why hasn't this detail been brought up by anybody, Or simply why hasn't any other player had this issue come up... probably because it doesn't exist! Why would that fit in to any thoughts you had on a contract, has any topic ever talked about guaranteeing a player anything but bonus money from a contract? Any GM would be setting a new low if they guaranteed playing to a player in the contract.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

patg006

Liked Posts:
Idk given his current situation on the team strictly as a returner, where he is at in his career, and that one return where he squeaked through a small sliver, I started imagining more returns in the future. Maybe this year he solidifies himself as a HOFer?

Yeah, at this rate I dont think he's going to make the team. His 'renaissance' will have to start in preseason to ensure he has a job on the 53 man....

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
I could pretend it... But I would rather talk about reality here. And beyond the slight historical quirks to how it went down.. Such as Hester already being worked as a wr and not at all at corner his 2nd year which was prior to that deal.

If it were possible to "guarantee opportunities" why hasn't this detail been brought up by anybody, Or simply why hasn't any other player had this issue come up... probably because it doesn't exist! Why would that fit in to any thoughts you had on a contract, has any topic ever talked about guaranteeing a player anything but bonus money from a contract? Any GM would be setting a new low if they guaranteed playing to a player in the contract.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Total cop out. "nobody has talked about it so it must not exist". Because of course the fine print in player contracts is just there for you to read.

So, since you are so sure I am wrong, tell me when you read the entirety of Hesters, or any others contract???
Or shut the fuck up.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Total cop out. "nobody has talked about it so it must not exist". Because of course the fine print in player contracts is just there for you to read.

So, since you are so sure I am wrong, tell me when you read the entirety of Hesters, or any others contract???
Or shut the fuck up.

Learn the concept of reality and burden of proof. You pulled up some concept nobody speaks about on sports as if Hester.. Of all people.. Could potentially have this.

Nothing but money bonuses in NFL contracts are guaranteed to players. That's a well known reality about them. Yes that 1 point of several I did bring up was the easy way to say it, because its a lot easier than calling you a loon for acting like that absurd idea, you act all defensive over based on a random whim, would be in his contract.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Learn the concept of reality and burden of proof. You pulled up some concept nobody speaks about on sports as if Hester.. Of all people.. Could potentially have this.

And why would teams do it. Nothing but money bonuses in NFL contracts are guaranteed to players. That's a well known reality about them. Yet you act defensive because your absurd.

Fucking A on Tapatalk
You had one of two options.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
U
You had one of two options.

And you've proven a great deal of stupidity on your part.

NFL contracts do not guarantee any playing time/position slot. The owners have the upper hand and have no reason to ever add something that dumb on the team side.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
U

And you've proven a great deal of stupidity on your part.

NFL contracts do not guarantee any playing time/position slot. The owners have the upper hand and have no reason to ever add something that dumb on the team side.

Fucking A on Tapatalk
It was a simple state the NFL players contracts which you have read in their entirety or shut the fuck up.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
One thing Hester will have going for him, will be that teams don't fear him like they use to. For awhile there, every punt was going out of bounds. I think he'll get plenty of opportunity.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Idk given his current situation on the team strictly as a returner, where he is at in his career, and that one return where he squeaked through a small sliver, I started imagining more returns in the future. Maybe this year he solidifies himself as a HOFer?

When he has been mainly on KR/PR and less on WR, he has had record years. I will say 2 TDs this year for all the return records and a HOF resume

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I don't think Hester has a shot for the HOF even though he was a great punt returner. Last year Hester was completely different...almost timid on his returns. Perhaps he's shying away from contact now. I don't think Hester will ever regain the recklessness he had.

Had Hester returned one last year, I would say there was still a case for him in the HOF barring he still returns at least one in each of the next 2 years...I think in order for that case to be relevant again he will need 3-4 in the next 2 years. And even then it is still a long shot.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I think Hester's "career" punt return numbers are kind of skewed, because the best returners in NFL history usually move on to a more productive full-time role pretty quickly. Hester is unique in that he's last so long as a punt return guy. I think it would be wrong to put Hester in the HOF ahead of someone like Tim Brown, who was a great return man in his own right, but was also one of the best WRs in NFL history.

I completely agree, and still don't know why Brown hasn't been voted in yet. But if he were to add 3-4 more TD's in the next 2 years (I don't think he will be in the NFL in 3 years) than, if I remember correctly, he will have a definitive hold on the all time record for non offensive TD's...and I think that's where the case of him being head and shoulders better than anyone before him come in to play. your point of most returners have that role taken away from them because they are given a full time starter position will probably hold him back.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
74327-late-laughing-goose-gif-Imgur-Go4w.gif