The 2013 Season Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The QBR is the dumbest fucking stat ever tracked.

Week 1-Andy Dalton in a loss to the bears- 282 yards, 2 tds and 2 ints. QBR-2nd ranked overall, QBR of 91.8
Peyton manning throws 7 tds and 0 picks, 462 yards QBR-5th ranked overall, 83.6

week 2- Peyton Manning has 2 touchdowns and 307 yards, no picks..... and his QBR is 89.1 #2 overall.
Andy Dalton has a 1 td, no interception, 280 yard win over the steelers..... and gets a 39.5 #23 overall.

See the problems?
Manning with almost a perfect game gets penalized because he beat the ever loving snot out of his opponent so badly, that the later touchdowns and yardage counted for nothing.

Dalton was far better in week 2 than week 1.... yet his QBR has a 50 point gap.
The formula with which they weight the value of passes is horribly flawed.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck QBR, it's not an official stat so why reference it? The next 2 games are all that's important. Cutler has a history of failing his teams in the stretch when the pressure is on. if he doesn't fail the Bears this year then that's a good thing and the Bears will go to the playoffs, if just to be a one and done team. If he does fail, don't sign him even at a bargain basement price. Just let him walk.

So what you're saying is we should waste the offense we have now developing a draft pick and/or we should pick up one of the journeymen QBs available and hope for the best? Exactly how long do you think this offensive roster is going to be together? Obviously not including the quarterbacks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is we should waste the offense we have now developing a draft pick and/or we should pick up one of the journeymen QBs available and hope for the best? Exactly how long do you think this offensive roster is going to be together? Obviously not including the quarterbacks.

Do you really care what Spartan thinks? You are better than this xero.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you really care what Spartan thinks? You are better than this xero.

I know bro, I just have approximately 3.5 hours to kill before I close my shoe stores.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know bro, I just have approximately 3.5 hours to kill before I close my shoe stores.

X...speaking of shoes...Does anyone make any good shoes anymore?..I used to wear Johnston and Murphys all the time, and they were great..Now, theyre crap..Whats a good brand??

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of the QBR. They need to just stick with the original RTG.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

How would this be wasting the offense we have now, when a QB of Josh McCown's caliber can step in with the talent that is there and play at a high level? And to be clear I have said all year long that if Cutler can be signed to a reasonable contract than I would be fine with Cutler coming back, but I would think most fans would see the benefit if they let Cutler walk and bring in a rookie with McCown or a journeyman QB on the roster.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
X...speaking of shoes...Does anyone make any good shoes anymore?..I used to wear Johnston and Murphys all the time, and they were great..Now, theyre crap..Whats a good brand??

I wear Allen Edmonds. They are great.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're welcome.

Invest in a good pair of overshoes. They will last for years.
My last pair of J&M's, the sole ripped off after like a year of casual use. I took em to the shoe repair, he said "throw em out"..He recommended Cole Haan, but I didnt see anything I liked

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
hey can we get back on topic? between the personal bitch fights and the off topic stuff there's barely any football talk on this football board

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok Gov'nor

Cutlers great...No he isnt

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My last pair of J&M's, the sole ripped off after like a year of casual use. I took em to the shoe repair, he said "throw em out"..He recommended Cole Haan, but I didnt see anything I liked

Cole Haan is great too. Allen Edmonds are magnificent.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well just like anything else what category are you looking at? You talking about casuals or dress shoes? What are you looking for, some loafers, oxfords, boat shoes, boots, lace up slip-ons or any of the other types for that matter. I can go all day here lol. As for quality you're really up shit creek without a paddle nowadays. Unfortunately somewhere in the range of 80-90% of the shoe industry manufactures in Asian countries so quality has gone to complete shit and everything gets knocked off.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hey can we get back on topic? between the personal bitch fights and the off topic stuff there's barely any football talk on this football board

Go ahead, point us back in the right direction. No one wants to hear about your Steve Maddens anyhow.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well just like anything else what category are you looking at? You talking about casuals or dress shoes? Looking for some loafers, oxfords, boat shoes, boots, lace up slip-ons? I can go all day here lol. As for quality you're really up shit creek without a paddle nowadays. Unfortunately somewhere in the range of 80-90% of the shoe industry manufactures in Asian countries so quality has gone to complete shit and everything gets knocked off.
Casual boots like an ankle boot/Chukka, etc..I dont wear dress shoes that often anymore

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How would this be wasting the offense we have now, when a QB of Josh McCown's caliber can step in with the talent that is there and play at a high level? And to be clear I have said all year long that if Cutler can be signed to a reasonable contract than I would be fine with Cutler coming back, but I would think most fans would see the benefit if they let Cutler walk and bring in a rookie with McCown or a journeyman QB on the roster.

Have you missed the speculation of Josh earning a 3-4 million dollar contract for a single year? The entire premise of my line of questioning is assuming neither Cutler or McCown are re-signed due to these numbers.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Have you missed the speculation of Josh earning a 3-4 million dollar contract for a single year? The entire premise of my line of questioning is assuming neither Cutler or McCown are re-signed due to these numbers.

Maybe Orton or Rex? That would keep this forum going for another year...

Status
Not open for further replies.