Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's what they had to say about him:

What two games were his better ones? I figure probably 2010 against the Eagles might be one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jets in 2010 maybe also?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
19 days and only 2 pages? You guys are slipping :facepalm:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jay-cu...ng-chicago-bears-comeback-194100866--nfl.html

Wow... this guy seems familiar. I think he is on this board somewhere...

this writer couldn't be further from reality...

I also love where he says.. Jay scrambles and makes a big play connecting with bennett... and then Jay takes off and makes a play with his legs and that is not a big deal nor does it make him elite...

I dont understand how Kaepernick Rodgers RG3 Roethlisbuger Romo Pryor Luck... can all scramble... and they say something like... you gotta remember these guys can make things happen by extending plays with there legs blah blah blah blah blah and that is what makes them such valuable weapons on offense...

Cutler is the most hated quarterback of all time... wow...

Imfro77

Liked Posts:
It's this year or never for Cutler as a Chicago Bear he's got everything around him to do it so either put up or shut up !

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure this thread is about "discussion", not people slap-fighting over Cutler. At least that was how the mods initially intended it.

Flim-Flam Man ‏@MudderFudder77 2m
@DaBearNecess Per PFF Cutler was the fifth most accurate passer this past week. Dalton was first, then Wilson, Schaub, Stafford.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's what they had to say about him:

There are some mouth breathers on this forum who honestly believe that having a qbs shoulder pulled by an NFL lineman does not effect the accuracy of said qbs throw...Then there is everyone else who did not spend their hs years sniffing glue behind the 7-11.

Tapatalking

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Its already annoying me. Bengal pregame, the Chicago-based "experts" were giving the Bears a big edge at QB, saying that Cutler is way better than Dalton and, as usual, claiming that Dalton "doesn't have the tools" that Cutler has (despite the fact that Dalton has outperformed Cutler in his career). This perception still exists after the game, in which Dalton outperformed Cutler yet again.

On the radio this morning, for reasons unknown, the sportstalk guys were comparing Cutler to Rich Gannon, saying the Cutler should have a big year because he's already had a much better NFL career than Gannon (!!!) and, again, Gannon "didn't have the tools" that Cutler has. Come on...Cutler has miles to go before reaching a Gannon-level of performance. Even his "breakout" game last Sunday was rather pedestrian.

I am amazed that the Chicago media is still operating in this time-vaccuum of 1986 and are oblivious to the fact that even average QBs in today's NFL can put up 300yard/3TD games with regularity. They also don't realize that "talentless" guys like Andy Dalton and Rich Gannon have put up numbers that are vastly superior to the dreck that Cutler has shown in his career.

I guess my point is that until Cutler consistently outperforms Andy Dalton, its premature to claim Cutler's superiority over guys like Dalton. Tools are just another word for things that don't show up on the stat sheet, like "intangibles".

Sick of cutler talk, starts thread to talk cutler.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rory I think you are too focused on yards and TD's here. A QB doesn't have to blow out every other team they face to be good, Cutler made great decisions with the ball the entire day, Andy Dalton threw 2 picks that well should have not been thrown. Cutlers pick was due in part to the fact that his jersey was grabbed while in the process of throwing.

300+ yards and 3 TD's is not a rating for success, that is only considered good recently since the NFL has gone from a defense heavy league to a pass happy high scoring league. If a QB makes great decisions with the ball and scores when you need to score what more can you ask for? Sure I would love for Cutler to throw for 500 yards and 7 touchdowns but lets be honest it was the first game of the season and the first game in his 4th offensive system.

I like what I saw during that game, I saw a confidence and a level of play I haven't seen before where Cutler was sticking to the pocket for the most part and making his reads which I didn't see all of last year and only sometimes in year two of Martz system but only after Martz changed things up. The big test will be our first game against the Packers because Cutler is always bad when he plays them.

Liked Posts:
I don't get why so many people overlook Dalton. I remember watching him & TCU beat Wisconsin. Dalton played great in that game, since that game he's been at least a very good QB that I'd love to have under center for the Bears. Even though he had 2 picks one of them was a fluke that hit AJ Green right in the numbers. Dalton seems to be overlooked a lot, I don't know if it's because of being drafted in the second round, which doesn't come with the hype of a first round pick. Must it's because he's a Ginger. Even with Kaepernick as second round pick, no one really thought anything of him before his first start, until after he carved the Bears up & has gone on to be the Beast he's been. Everyone was all about Cam Newton in 2011, in hindsight I'd really rather have Kaep or Dalton who I do think should have gotten more consideration for ROY award than he did for taking a franchise that just turned over all of it's key players to the playoffs as a rookie.

I just don't see where Cutler has been better than Dalton over both QBs first two seasons. Even currently I think Dalton has been the better of the two. Hopefully Jay takes that next step for the better this season.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
Hopefully our defense plays good enough that cutler dosent need to throw for 300+ yards

look where that got detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.