Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Since the last thread was full of mostly garbage and a ton of pages, similarly this thread will be full of garbage I'm sure.

Here's the rule:

You are allowed to start individual Cutler threads. They will not be merged into this thread provided:
-The topic has substance. Its a paragraph of actual discussion. One word or short sentence thread starters are likely to be merged here. Any thread with baiting will immediately be closed/trashed/or sent here.
-The thread has actual discussion. One or two people attempting to derail a thread won't automatically make for merging, and mods will deal with that accordingly.
-There is not already another thread discussing this very exact topic. I know a lot of threads end up repeating themselves from within, but again many threads will stand on their own provided you're bringing something different to the table.

We've been mostly good for awhile on the topic of Jay Cutler. Its up to you guys if you want to keep Jay Cutler threads out of this thread.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to unsticky this for awhile so people see the rules (for some reason the stickies get ignored). Then pin it back up here after a day or so.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So, Cutler....elite or not?

I'm kidding :)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should be a peaceful Cutler year on here. It seems a consensus has been reached by most:

He is a 10th - 16th ranked QB
He has great capabilities
He makes stupid mistakes
He stares down Marshall
Some people perceive him to have a bad attitude
This is a make or break year

The arguments will be:

Who caused the interception
Did Trestman improve him
How much time should it take to learn a new offense

Should be fun!

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Change that 12 to 10 or I'll start a Cutler thread daabears

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopefully you're right. Because the same discussion that's been repeated for years gets old....

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should be a peaceful Cutler year on here. It seems a consensus has been reached by most:

He is a 10th - 16th ranked QB
He has great capabilities
He makes stupid mistakes
He stares down Marshall
Some people perceive him to have a bad attitude
This is a make or break year

The arguments will be:

Who caused the interception
Did Trestman improve him
How much time should it take to learn a new offense

Should be fun!

This, and Cutler caused the sack by holding the ball too long.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay-cutler.jpg

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I love Jay Cutler, he drives the talking heads and print media crazy...and oh yeah, he's the best we've had at QB in my lifetime.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We've been mostly good for awhile on the topic of Jay Cutler. Its up to you guys if you want to keep Jay Cutler threads out of this thread.

The Cutler talk has been lower key but you'd never know it by the high-as-ever level of bitching and moaning every time a certain number of us post. The hostility in this place is getting worse even as the perceived "trolling" has lessened. Time for some people to wind their necks in a little and get over it.

Also, when are you going to ban the Victory Jowls idiot? All he does is dislike rep everyone who posts anything less homer than an average DB54 post.

Great idea to refresh the thread though.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Cutler talk has been lower key but you'd never know it by the high-as-ever level of bitching and moaning every time a certain number of us post. The hostility in this place is getting worse even as the perceived "trolling" has lessened. Time for some people to wind their necks in a little and get over it.

Also, when are you going to ban the Victory Jowls idiot? All he does is dislike rep everyone who posts anything less homer than an average DB54 post.

He thanks my posts against BF51.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
if some of the Rookies work out. and Peppers is sent packing they will find the money to Over Pay Jay

I don't see this Team having A High Draft Pick, Josh Freeman is Younger but Um Kinda Sucksssss

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
I was first-team All-State. I can put the ball wherever I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

nfl_u_cutler_b1_576.jpg

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
When it comes to Jay Cutler and his 2013 season...

the most important thing i think we all can agree on is that Jay Cutler must spread the ball out to multiple receivers... and not throw as many interceptions...

I hope he checks the ball down more often now that he has Martellus Bennett... And with Forte coming out of the backfield in the WCO he will have a really strong receiving target who can pick up big YAC...

Jay is accurate... but he forces the ball into coverage... I think its only a matter of time before Jay figures out he cant force the ball to Marshall and starts to realize that he can depend on his other receivers...

M Bennett E Bennett Jeffery and Forte should be able to draw some attention away from Marshall this year... They all come with something different to offer when it comes to the offense... Jay just has to get them the ball and let them do what they do best...

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
This thread cant get stickied and out of the main section soon enough.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

The trolling hasn't lessened as a whole. The number of people trolling may have but people like you, Rory, etc. just pick up the slack.

Also, if you want that guy banned then you better ask for guys like Rory and FT to get banned because they dislike rep anyone who doesn't agree with them and do it every time said person posts.

cd35

Liked Posts:
Well the main issue with Jay for 2013 is the same it has been the whole time he's been here. The oline needs to be competent. It's great that Long and Mills looked good but if they win the starting jobs the main point is going to be how they handle top competition when it really counts at full speed as rookies. The other factor is Jay's ability to know when to just live to play the next down when under pressure instead of forcing it when the pressure comes. Bc as most fans have seen one of the worst combos is a heavy constant jailbreak with a Qb who will force the ball at time when he shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.