3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Teravainen of course.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Anything to get Bollig off the roster I'm all in favor of.

Think he stays one more year in Finland.

I truly wonder what Q has against Pirri tho........

CHAMPS!!!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Anything to get Bollig off the roster I'm all in favor of.

Think he stays one more year in Finland.

I truly wonder what Q has against Pirri tho........

CHAMPS!!!

Jokerit is joining the KHL after this season though, so that is worrisome enough that I think they may keep him far away from there and bring him to Rockford instead.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Jokerit is joining the KHL after this season though, so that is worrisome enough that I think they may keep him far away from there and bring him to Rockford instead.
Agreed, but, unless they really think he can contribute this year on the big club, I don't see them pushing for him to be in the Rock.

Are they gonna develop this kid to be the 2C? Where in the hell does that leave Pirri, who has nothing left to prove in the A?

TT is going to be the real deal. He disappears at times 5V5 but so does Kane. If they are fast tracking this kid and he adapts quickly to the NHL, the Hawks would have two number one lines...that's a frightening thought for the rest of the NHL, plus a third line that could also be considered a scoring line.

Its a great time to be a Hawks fan.

CHAMPS!!!

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
Whether TT plays center or wing the thing he will do that will really help the Hawks is be the PP QB. He was already pretty good at it and he got even better when Erik Karlsson played for Jokerit during the lockout last year. I think he picked up some pointers from Karlsson and his confidence grew and he would be a big plus for the woeful Hawks PP.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Whether TT plays center or wing the thing he will do that will really help the Hawks is be the PP QB. He was already pretty good at it and he got even better when Erik Karlsson played for Jokerit during the lockout last year. I think he picked up some pointers from Karlsson and his confidence grew and he would be a big plus for the woeful Hawks PP.

Forgot about that part of his game ... could be a huge addition, if he can run point at the NHL level. I'll bet he gets some time in Rockford on it, for sure.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
TT scored both of Jokerit's goals in their 2-0 win against HIFK in a European Trophy game today. He centered the 1st line.

It seems like he should be older because we've been talking about him since he was drafted over a year ago, but he's still only 18! He will turn 19 on September 11.

Added highlights: [video=youtube;8jJomKnxHMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJomKnxHMA[/video]

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Bumping this on account of TT god mode during the WJC, knocking out Canada by himself.

7 G 16 A and damn good PK'ing thru out.

Does anybody still think this kid isn't coming over for the playoffs?

13-3!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bumping this on account of TT god mode during the WJC, knocking out Canada by himself.

7 G 16 A and damn good PK'ing thru out.

Does anybody still think this kid isn't coming over for the playoffs?

13-3!!!

Certainly feels that way, doesn't it?

If you'd like to see this kid in action, he plays in the gold medal game of the World Juniors today at 12 on the NHL Network.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
2 assists today!

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really enjoyed catching him in this tourney. I'm still concerned about his size if the plan is that he's sticks as a center when he comes to NA.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
watch what you guys bump. also request title change so it doesn't look like new news

Long

Liked Posts:
Habs fan here, TT was a huge steal on draft day, there was rumours around Montreal that our director of scouting TT (Trevor Timmins) was in love with Teuvo and wanted to take him 3rd overall, im guessing if EDM and CLS had taken yakupov and Galchenyuk we would have reached for TT. Happy we got Galchenyuk tho but i would love to have both... lol

Being a Diehard BEARS fan since birth and having idolized Chelios and Jordan growing up, i gotta say im happy you guys are a perennial powerhouse especially after all those crappy years. Its hard to root a team other than Mtl but ive always been down with the Hawks and as soon as my Habs get eliminated i jump on the Chi bandwagon.

I usually wear my #24 Chelios jersey to games but on saturday night i might make an exception and rock my #7 Chelios jersey instead ;) Deep down i hope we smash you tho !

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Habs fan here, TT was a huge steal on draft day, there was rumours around Montreal that our director of scouting TT (Trevor Timmins) was in love with Teuvo and wanted to take him 3rd overall, im guessing if EDM and CLS had taken yakupov and Galchenyuk we would have reached for TT. Happy we got Galchenyuk tho but i would love to have both... lol

Being a Diehard BEARS fan since birth and having idolized Chelios and Jordan growing up, i gotta say im happy you guys are a perennial powerhouse especially after all those crappy years. Its hard to root a team other than Mtl but ive always been down with the Hawks and as soon as my Habs get eliminated i jump on the Chi bandwagon.

I usually wear my #24 Chelios jersey to games but on saturday night i might make an exception and rock my #7 Chelios jersey instead ;) Deep down i hope we smash you tho !

Completely forgot to reply to this post. But not a bad game the other night in Montreal, eh?

By the way, regarding the original topic of this post: Teuvo went back to Jokerit after the WJCs and promptly racked up 3 assists in one night. Hail Teuvo.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People penciling him in as 2nd line center already.

Let the guy develop...jeez. Big difference between playing in Finland & the NHL.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
People penciling him in as 2nd line center already.

Let the guy develop...jeez. Big difference between playing in Finland & the NHL.

Well the answer ain't Handzus. Shaw is a temporary hole until Q gets sick of him. Pirri's defense isn't up to Q's standards, apparently, so it doesn't look he'll be the guy.

So, yeah, it very much looks like Teravainen is your future 2C. He played on the PK at the World Juniors, so he's got, at least, some inkling of defensive responsibilities. Putting him on the 2nd line gives him a chance to develop in a role without too much pressure, as the 2nd scoring line tends to see a lot of favorable matchups--the opposition's top concern is always the 10-19-81 line. Put Kane on one wing and Saad on the other, and I bet ya that line would light up the NHL.

You may even see that this postseason.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
When is he planned to join the team?

This is going to be his last season in Jokerit, as they're going to the KHL next season and you can bet the Hawks have no intention of letting him go to Russia.

They're season ends in late March/early April (not exactly sure), but he's free to come to North America at any time after that.

The question is whether he goes to Chicago or to Rockford at that point. I still think he ends up in Rockford, but I'm definitely not ruling out the possibility of him jumping straight to the big club.

And before someone claims that never happens, Marcus Kruger went straight from Sweden to Chicago 3 seasons prior.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Saw this update on Twitter: Teuvo has 9 points in his 4 games since coming back from the World Juniors. He also leads Jokerit in points despite missing 25% of the season.