1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
:shrug:

Obviously someone said something that got under his skin, and the article was quoted on DeadSpin and I believe the Tribune as well.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bit more reaction pieces:
Fire Confidential suggests that he (Guillermo Rivera) does not believe that Lobring chose to write this himself based on his own opinions, but that a higher-up was involved as well... and suggests that this piece added to the Fire's painting of themselves as a minor league.

The Daily Herald admitted that the Fire are a major league team, of course, but also finished its piece with "This could haunt the club as long as Hauptman owns it."

My hope is that this all dies down, and I'm not going to write anything about the incident and its negative effects and large amount of fan backlash on the main site, I'm not going to contribute to the spread of what has become negative publicity for the team. But then again, what if thus doesn't die down? What if those season ticket renewals go down significantly, what if a potential future sale of the team doesn't erase this? There are a lot more questions than answers after the incident.

As far as I know, the club still is not turning a profit, though I cannot be certain. However, I think the Fire may be left with little choice now other than to spend big this offseason to appease fans. Perhaps the league will help out like it did in Seattle and Dempsey, and if the name is big enough, fan interest could potentially skyrocket and attendance could rise, along with added media coverage, jersey sales, and other merchandise sales.

The best case scenario is that the negative publicity leads to the team spending big on a DP, and the worst case scenario is that the club loses to support of a significant amount of the fans it does already have.

Safe to call next season a big year for the franchise as a whole?

giaco

Liked Posts:
I don't even have the time nor desire to rehash it here, I'm sorry.