CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes it does. In a weekend where you had marquee schools in the Bum10 playing marquee matchups across the the country the conferences Offensive player of the week was the QB of maybe the second worst team in the conference in a comeback win over WKU.

That's a pathetic sign.

Lunt is trash.

Holy shit, that's not the point derp king.

I repeat:
In a weekend where you had marquee schools in the Bum10 playing marquee matchups across the the country the conferences Offensive player of the week was the QB of maybe the second worst team in the conference in a comeback win over WKU.

If the conference was worth a shit one of those marquee teams should have produced some sort of decent offensive result. The fact that there was no better candidate is an indictment of the Bum10.

So, IOW, you couldn't answer the question.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, IOW, you couldn't answer the question.

:obama:

"In a weekend where you had marquee schools in the Bum10 playing marquee matchups across the the country the conferences Offensive player of the week was the QB of maybe the second worst team in the conference in a comeback win over WKU.

If the conference was worth a shit one of those marquee teams should have produced some sort of decent offensive result. The fact that there was no better candidate is an indictment of the Bum10."

THAT'S YOUR ANSWER.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

"In a weekend where you had marquee schools in the Bum10 playing marquee matchups across the the country the conferences Offensive player of the week was the QB of maybe the second worst team in the conference in a comeback win over WKU.

If the conference was worth a shit one of those marquee teams should have produced some sort of decent offensive result. The fact that there was no better candidate is an indictment of the Bum10."

THAT'S YOUR ANSWER.
You haven't named a single player or the stats from those "marquee" matchups. Stop being a dislike-repping douchebag while you're at it.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You haven't named a single player or the stats from those "marquee" matchups. Stop being a dislike-repping douchebag while you're at it.

"If the conference was worth a shit one of those marquee teams should have produced some sort of decent offensive result. The fact that there was no better candidate is an indictment of the Bum10."

What about the above is so difficult to understand?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not difficult to understand the B1G is down. What I've taken issue with is your comment that Wes Lunt shouldn't have been the B1G Offensive player of the week when this was the schedule-

Schedule said:
Howard*25,*Rutgers*38
Central Michigan*38,*Purdue*17
Akron*3,*Penn State*21
Western Kentucky*34,*Illinois*42
McNeese State*24, #19*Nebraska*31
Western Illinois*3, #18*Wisconsin*37
Maryland*24,*South Florida*17
Ball State*13,*Iowa*17
Middle Tennessee*24,*Minnesota*35
Northern Illinois*23,*Northwestern*15
#7*Michigan State*27, #3*Oregon*46
Michigan*0, #16*Notre Dame*31
Virginia Tech*35, #8*Ohio State*21

Thirteen games and outside of MSU/OU, where are the "marquee matchups"? Answer: There are none. The UM/ND game is marquee in name only and without Miller, OSU was a pretender on offense. So, out of 13 matchups, only one of which meets the criteria of "marquee", name a player more deserving than Lunt.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Which would you rather have, a gunshot wound in the right foot or the left foot? I'd rather have neither.

But Zook's staff > Beckman's staff, so yeah, I'd take Zook.

The real root of the problem is the AD Mike Thomas. He's in way over his head and will probably be too proud to fire Beckman this year.

Mike Thomas isn't great but the Illini football program has never been that great. There have been some decent periods but even with Ron Turner, the program became a fucking joke after Kurt Kittner. Ron Zook revived the program and I guess the school got tired of going to a BCS game every 5 years. Now look at where they are? Ron Zook was as good of a coach as the Illini could have had and he was happy in Chambana which is hard to believe. That was a huge fucking mistake firing that guy.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Zook couldn't put balanced classes together and more than a few recruits never made it to campus. Guenther did more harm to Illini football than Mike Thomas will ever do. People can't expect an AD in 4 years time to turn around an entire product that got screwed by the previous AD's initial hire, lack of commitment to revenue streams and lack of concern over game day experiences for the fans/alumni. He went from Tepper (DC) to the opposite with an offensive guru to a high profile recruiter. He chose to find the next guy based upon the shortcomings of the previous HC without regard to the shortcomings of the incoming coach. That same AD kept Weber for too long, as well. Glad he is gone. Mike Thomas gets branding, marketing and image. The hatred surrounding Thomas stems from breaking up the little East Central Illinois University Club and expecting as the state's flagship university to have a broader appeal. That takes time.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Zook couldn't put balanced classes together and more than a few recruits never made it to campus. Guenther did more harm to Illini football than Mike Thomas will ever do. People can't expect an AD in 4 years time to turn around an entire product that got screwed by the previous AD's initial hire, lack of commitment to revenue streams and lack of concern over game day experiences for the fans/alumni. He went from Tepper (DC) to the opposite with an offensive guru to a high profile recruiter. He chose to find the next guy based upon the shortcomings of the previous HC without regard to the shortcomings of the incoming coach. That same AD kept Weber for too long, as well. Glad he is gone. Mike Thomas gets branding, marketing and image. The hatred surrounding Thomas stems from breaking up the little East Central Illinois University Club and expecting as the state's flagship university to have a broader appeal. That takes time.

I agree with what you said. But I stand by if you offered me the chance right now to get Zook back, I would fucking jump at it in a fucking second.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree with what you said. But I stand by if you offered me the chance right now to get Zook back, I would fucking jump at it in a fucking second.
If you gave Zook both VK on defense and Cubit on offense and Zook let them operate autonomously, I would agree.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I've taken issue with is your comment that Wes Lunt shouldn't have been the B1G Offensive player of the week
Then you're an idiot.

Thirteen games and outside of MSU/OU, where are the "marquee matchups"?
UM/ND, OSU-VaTech, MSU-OU.

I love your answer though "Outside of the two top ten teams playing where was the marquee matchup?!"

I repeat: "If the conference was worth a shit one of those marquee teams should have produced some sort of decent offensive result. The fact that there was no better candidate is an indictment of the Bum10."

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Then you're an idiot.
What a fine response we have here.

UM/ND, OSU-VaTech, MSU-OU.
Michigan hasn't done squat in years. Outside of the number of viewers/fan base for both teams, it isn't a marquee matchup. VaTech wasn't ranked. It also isn't a rivalry. There wasn't anything marquee about it.

I love your answer though "Outside of the two top ten teams playing where was the marquee matchup?!"

I repeat: "If the conference was worth a shit one of those marquee teams should have produced some sort of decent offensive result. The fact that there was no better candidate is an indictment of the Bum10."
So, IOW, you called Lunt trash, yet there were 9 other games outside of the three you consider marquee plus Illinois' game? You still haven't named one player who deserved the award more than Lunt. You can repeat the indictment of the B1G, but that makes you a complete moron. I haven't argued that the B1G isn't down this year. You still can't explain why Lunt is trash and who should have gotten the award, yet "I'm an idiot". LOL. Look in the mirror.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Michigan hasn't done squat in years. Outside of the number of viewers/fan base for both teams, it isn't a marquee matchup. VaTech wasn't ranked. It also isn't a rivalry. There wasn't anything marquee about it.

So outside of it being a prime time game on a major network, a HUGE national interest, the last game of a historic rivalry, a game that usually comes down the final few drives, the QB for Michigan dry humped ND all over the field last year it wasn't a marquee matchup.

Got it.

LOL at your stupidity.

Even with Va Tech not being ranked Ohio St. was the 8th ranked team in the nation and a Bum10 conference championship contender. MARQUEE

So, IOW, you called Lunt trash
Yes.

You still haven't named one player who deserved the award more than Lunt.
THAT'S NOT THE POINT. THIS ISN'T DIFFICULT. My point wasn't that Lunt "didn't deserve" the award. It was that during a weekend in which the Bum10 had three showcase games in prime time involving or against top ranked teams NONE of those teams produced a player worth OPOTW consideration over a player who needed a comeback win over WKU to win the award.

My point was that Lunt "deserving" the award given the slate of games the Bum10 played was an indictment of how badly the conference performed that week.

How are you so dense?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So outside of it being a prime time game on a major network, a HUGE national interest, the last game of a historic rivalry, a game that usually comes down the final few drives, the QB for Michigan dry humped ND all over the field last year it wasn't a marquee matchup.

Got it.
I didn't say ND/UM it didn't have huge interest. That doesn't mean anyone is going to have a big game. who from UM was going to have a big game? No one. Again. You can't name jack shit. You should learn how to read, moron.

LOL at your stupidity.
You're the broken record who doesn't know the rosters on B1G teams it appears.

Even with Va Tech not being ranked Ohio St. was the 8th ranked team in the nation and a Bum10 conference championship contender. MARQUEE
The way you view things? Sure. The way most everyone else watches? Nope. There isn't anything marquee about it outside of power conference team vs power conference team.

You should explain why.

THAT'S NOT THE POINT. THIS ISN'T DIFFICULT. My point wasn't that Lunt "didn't deserve" the award. It was that during a weekend in which the Bum10 had three showcase games in prime time involving or against top ranked teams NONE of those teams produced a player worth OPOTW consideration over a player who needed a comeback win over WKU to win the award.

My point was that Lunt "deserving" the award given the slate of games the Bum10 played was an indictment of how badly the conference performed that week.
No shit. Keep repeating yourself. You also made a point to consider Lunt trash and you haven't done jack shit to back it up.

How are you so dense?
Because your point also indicts players who don't make the schedule. Every year B1G players win the PoTW award who weren't in "marquee matchups". BFD. You're still full of dislike-repping douchebaggery. Since you can't explain why Lunt is trash, particuarly in a mature manner, it's all you got.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
who from UM was going to have a big game?
Devin Gardner in 2013 against ND: 284 yard passing 4 TD's. 82 yards rushing. 1TD.

The QB of the 2014 Michigan Wolverines.......Devin Gardner.

Herp. Derp.

There isn't anything marquee about it outside of power conference team vs power conference team.

So The Bum10 having a conference championship game contender who is ranked #8 in the nation at home in prime time against anther Power conference team is not a "marquee matchup"?

You should explain why.
B/c he's bad at football. With the exception of a second half surge against WKU he's been very bad this year. He was having trouble sustaining drives against YSU. :rofl:

Because your point also indicts players who don't make the schedule.

No. My point indicts the Bum10 for being shit in general, regardless of who they play. The funny thing is you are taking this as a slight against Lunt. It's more a slight against the conference. Lunt was just the tallest Special person that week.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Devin Gardner in 2013 against ND: 284 yard passing 4 TD's. 82 yards rushing. 1TD.

The QB of the 2014 Michigan Wolverines.......Devin Gardner.

Herp. Derp.
No, Mr. HerpDerp. That was a simple answer. It shouldn't have taken that long.
So The Bum10 having a conference championship game contender who is ranked #8 in the nation at home in prime time against anther Power conference team is not a "marquee matchup"?
Was VaTech supposed to be special this season?
B/c he's bad at football. With the exception of a second half surge against WKU he's been very bad this year. He was having trouble sustaining drives against YSU. :rofl:
He's bad at football? He started at OSU as a freshman and didn't play last year. IL has a mostly new WR corps, including a juco transfer, Allison. It takes time to gel. Notice Babers' EIU offense was great. This season as a new HC at BGSU, his team lost handily to WKU, but within a few weeks beat Indiana.
No. My point indicts the Bum10 for being shit in general, regardless of who they play. The funny thing is you are taking this as a slight against Lunt. It's more a slight against the conference. Lunt was just the tallest Special person that week.
Yep. No one should feel slighted in the least when the words trash and tallest Special person are used as descriptors. :cmonman:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was VaTech supposed to be special this season?

Ask Frank Beamer. VaTech may not have been but OSU had a shot and even with no Miller they were still supposed to contend in the Bum10. At home, top ten team. Power conference opponent. Marquee game. :dealwithit:

He's bad at football?
Yes.

Yep. No one should feel slighted in the least when the words trash and tallest Special person are used as descriptors. :cmonman:

Its the Bum10. Those are pretty endearing terms given the lack of quality football right now in the conference.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guesses on the final score for the Nebraska game, and what Abdullah's stats will be against us?

48-23 Nebraska
Ameer Abdullah- 238 rush yds, 3 TD's

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hey..we won three games....good year