Causation vs. Correlation

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are excited about the 2-0 start and rightfully praising Trestman. I just tire of the mindless chorus that the team would be 0-2 with Lovie.

Every good thing that happens under his watch is not caused by MT. A ten win team added 4 new OL and a new TE. Why are people so sure the new coach is the cause of the better result?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't recall reading that or hearing that anywhere.

That being said, the offense is better and I mean much better. If Lovie was here I have to assume Tice would be here, nuff said.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People are excited about the 2-0 start and rightfully praising Trestman. I just tire of the mindless chorus that the team would be 0-2 with Lovie.

Every good thing that happens under his watch is not caused by MT. A ten win team added 4 new OL and a new TE. Why are people so sure the new coach is the cause of the better result?

Well lets see. Lovie Smith wasted time outs and challenges. Trestman won his first and only challenge. This Trestman coached team has come up with ZERO pre-snap penalties. Something unheard of from any offense we have put out on the field including Jay Cutler. The fact we have shifted from having a defensive minded coach to now an offensive minded coach means we don't have to put our hopes and wishes on a defensive turnover and/or score to come back and win a game. Lovie would frequently say after a loss that he didn't coach the team well enough or prepare them well enough for *insert team name here*. This is not something I would ever expect to see from a Trestman led team that focuses on all of the details. Trestman has his hands on every player on the roster and all phases. He may be known as an offensive mind but even he himself said that a HC has too many responsibilities on game day to be just worrying about one part of the team. I am sure there are more reasons I can come up with if I was not at work posting in between working.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Willy%20Trestman.jpg

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't recall reading that or hearing that anywhere.
Il
That being said, the offense is better and I mean much better. If Lovie was here I have to assume Tice would be here, nuff said.

I listen to podcast of the local radio shows and believe me,it is a real thing. Callers and hosts both have been guilty.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well lets see. Lovie Smith wasted time outs and challenges. Trestman won his first and only challenge. This Trestman coached team has come up with ZERO pre-snap penalties. Something unheard of from any offense we have put out on the field including Jay Cutler. The fact we have shifted from having a defensive minded coach to now an offensive minded coach means we don't have to put our hopes and wishes on a defensive turnover and/or score to come back and win a game. Lovie would frequently say after a loss that he didn't coach the team well enough or prepare them well enough for *insert team name here*. Trestman has his hands on every player on the roster and all phases. He may be known as an offensive mind but even he himself said that a HC has too many responsibilities on game day to be just worrying about one part of the team. This is not something I would ever expect to see from a Trestman led team that focuses on all of the details. I am sure there are more reasons I can come up with if I was not at work posting in between working.

Or, it could be just that all of the players decided collectively as a group to play a lot better than the last couple years.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Emery must have thought so... or Lovie would still be here.

That's not a dig on Lovie... but will admit I like the new offense much more than last year

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or, it could be just that all of the players decided collectively as a group to play a lot better than the last couple years.

1. Small sample size 2. Who is playing any better besides Cutler? 3. Do you then blame Trestman for the things that are worse? Like the first KOR against since 07?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I have not heard or read a single comment that with Lovie the Bears would be 0-2

Reacting to the off beat rare extreme isn't very necessary.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1. Small sample size 2. Who is playing any better besides Cutler? 3. Do you then blame Trestman for the things that are worse? Like the first KOR against since 07?

LOL, he's being sarcastic. HeHateMe likes to mindfuck people.