Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th quarter

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th...

I love the fact that you enjoyed the Bears game less than the average Bears fan due to Cutty leading us to the game winning touchdown. You have no idea. It tickles my heart.

I assure you I enjoy Bears games far more than you little man lovers who know nothing about anything.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I assure you I enjoy Bears games far more than you little man lovers who know nothing about anything.

So you really root for Jay to succeed? You are happy when he plays well? You were jumping around celebrating an exciting game winning drive?

Hmmm.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thoroughly enjoy watching the trolls and hater squirm every week we win. Its like when we ended up in the NFCCG in 2010. I don't think enough people sat back and enjoyed the season instead of pooing on everything. I appreciate every win.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I understand. And I just got home from work and not in the mood to go searching all over the place for these numbers either. Hopefully someone with a lot of time and energy will step up.

It is an ESPN stat so don't you think ESPN would have it, lol?. You can click on any QB and it shows their rating but Cutler is 6th overall.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thoroughly enjoy watching the trolls and hater squirm every week we win. Its like when we ended up in the NFCCG in 2010. I don't think enough people sat back and enjoyed the season instead of pooing on everything. I appreciate every win.

I appreciate every win too. It took me until the 2006-2007 season to learn. I was on the 40 yd line, 10 rows up for that Superbowl, and it turned into one of the worst days of my life. What I learned that day is:

If you don't make the playoffs, you are pissed.
If you make the playoffs and get knocked out in the 1st round, you are more pissed.
If you make it to the NFC championship and lose, it is devastating.
If you lose in the Superbowl, it is the worst feeling in the world.

So bottom line, you have a 1/32 chance of being happy, terrible odds. Not no more. Ever since then, I enjoy every game for what it is. If we lose, I force myself to get over it. And enjoy and celebrate each and every win!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is an ESPN stat so don't you think ESPN would have it, lol?. You can click on any QB and it shows their rating but Cutler is 6th overall.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

No, ESPN has different numbers than the real QBR that people utilize. For example, in week 1, Peyton Manning had like a 141, but ESPN had him at like 97 or something. At least that's what I read on the posts in here.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So you really root for Jay to succeed? You are happy when he plays well? You were jumping around celebrating an exciting game winning drive?

Hmmm.

Fartan's face when Cutty threw the game winning td.

0V5qY.gif

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th...

Hmmm.

I always want Jay to do well. Doesn't mean I have to put a fathead of him over my bed a genuflect to it constantly like these crazy people here seem to do.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Only the most foolish people give any credence to ESPNs nutty rating system and to judge QBs by bits and pieces of their playing time rather than the entire body of work is asinine.
You mean like constantly droning on about turnovers without acknowledging elite level TD passes? Yeah, your right, that would be asinine. Glad, we don't have to deal with that sort of crap.

Last edited:

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
I always want Jay to do well. Doesn't mean I have to put a fathead of him over my bed a genuflect to it constantly like these crazy people here seem to do.

wow you are so rational

riverseagles.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, ESPN has different numbers than the real QBR that people utilize. For example, in week 1, Peyton Manning had like a 141, but ESPN had him at like 97 or something. At least that's what I read on the posts in here.

You can't get a 141 in QBR. Highest you can get is 100. Highest anyone has ever got is 99.9 You are confusing QB Rating which is the normal QB rating with the highest rating being 158.3 and QBR which is ESPN's situation specific metric. You can see below that Manning's QB rating was 141.1 in week one but his QBR was 83.6

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning

Monster

Liked Posts:
I'd say Jay is in the top 1/3 or starters... and that should be good enough...
He is not elite... but more than good enough to get the job done...

I also think he will improve as the year goes under MT... the entire offense will

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't get a 141 in QBR. Highest you can get is 100. Highest anyone has ever got is 99.9 You are confusing QB Rating which is the normal QB rating with the highest rating being 158.3 and QBR which is ESPN's situation specific metric. You can see below that Manning's QB rating was 141.1 in week one but his QBR was 83.6

PASSER RATING!

Easy to differentiate. ESPN's QBR is attempting to take it beyond passing proficiency and be a more comprehensive rating of overall performance. I don't like it much but passer rating is way over used as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't give a fuck about ESPN I just think we would be better off with out your nonsense around here.

I appreciate the clarification.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Obviously the QB Rating or Passer Rating is the number I am talking about, as well as everybody else in the world. I don't know what this ESPN number is, but it is just confusing people. I would like to see the same analysis done with QB Rating, or Passer Rating with the 4th quarter.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Passer rating is the one to use, at least most accepted... I think Jay is 10th in the NFL so far this year with a 95....

Can't say about 4th quarter... could do it but don't have the time or will... would have to go back through every game and get the stats by quarter... then do the math

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

ESPN doesn't even use their home made Quarter Back Rating on their stat page... just Passer Rating...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Passer rating was never referred to as QB rating and shouldn't be.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

You mean like constantly droning on about turnovers without acknowledging elite level TD passes? Yeah, your right, that would be asinine. Glad, we don't have to deal with that sort of crap.

Turnovers kill and even with a lot more dinking and dunking, it's still a problem. You people think only about 1 game at a time and not hurting Jay's feelings. I always look at the big picture and the road to the SB.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I can see how it can cause confusion... it is listed as RATE on stats pages...

Again it's only one tool... Brees for instance has a lower Passer Rating than Jay... and is a far superior QB in my opinion...

Monster

Liked Posts:
Turnovers kill and even with a lot more dinking and dunking, it's still a problem. You people think only about 1 game at a time and not hurting Jay's feelings. I always look at the big picture and the road to the SB.

I don't agree with Spartan on a lot of stuff... but he is right here... the turnovers can end games... we are very lucky that Ponder is who he is so the Vikings ran time after time for TDs and settled for FGs... could easily been out of reach with a better or more trusted QB... those mistakes in coming games will lead to Losses...