Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th quarter

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monster, you gonna roll that 2K into a Bears and over parlay?

Monster

Liked Posts:
Monster, you gonna roll that 2K into a Bears and over parlay?

Heck No.... will be more careful... that was a beer driven act created because I lost my ass on Alabama and San Fran... (they didn't cover)

Just feel lucky and will go back to betting with my head... not my emotions...

Haven't seen the spread yet on the Bears game... but if under 5.5 will likely take the Bears...

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
If I recall, Bears do well on Sunday night. It's the MNF games when we look like clowns.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Turnovers kill and even with a lot more dinking and dunking, it's still a problem. You people think only about 1 game at a time and not hurting Jay's feelings. I always look at the big picture and the road to the SB.
I'm just thankful we simpletons have you to guide us.

bubbashucker

Liked Posts:
Passer rating is the one to use, at least most accepted... I think Jay is 10th in the NFL so far this year with a 95....

Can't say about 4th quarter... could do it but don't have the time or will... would have to go back through every game and get the stats by quarter... then do the math

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

ESPN doesn't even use their home made Quarter Back Rating on their stat page... just Passer Rating...

Cutler led the league in passwer rating in the 4th Q last year with a 114.7

http://www.journalstandard.com/news...ars-QB-Jay-Cutler-is-one-of-best-at-comebacks

he is currently 10th
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=110

When will the anti-Cutler crew just give up and and admit the guy is pretty good in the clutch

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I recall, Bears do well on Sunday night. It's the MNF games when we look like clowns.

I honestly don't remember any more but I thought it was night games in general where Cutler shit the bed. I can only hope all of the changes around him and the detailed preparation Trestman brings to the table is enough to turn things around for us with Sun, Mon, Thu night games.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Passer rating is the one to use, at least most accepted... I think Jay is 10th in the NFL so far this year with a 95....

Can't say about 4th quarter... could do it but don't have the time or will... would have to go back through every game and get the stats by quarter... then do the math

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

ESPN doesn't even use their home made Quarter Back Rating on their stat page... just Passer Rating...

They have QBR on each individual players page and QBR is on the page you linked but you have to click on the link in the top right column. They don't list it because they have an entire breakdown of all the components of it if you click on the link.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously the QB Rating or Passer Rating is the number I am talking about, as well as everybody else in the world. I don't know what this ESPN number is, but it is just confusing people. I would like to see the same analysis done with QB Rating, or Passer Rating with the 4th quarter.

Oh you said the real QBR so I thought you meant QBR.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, it's all worked out now. From now on its QBR for ESPN and Passer Rating for the real number, lol. Either way, Cutler has the best number for the 4th quarter which actually confirms EDUMBs original post.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are confusing QB Rating which is the normal QB rating with the highest rating being 158.3 and QBR which is ESPN's situation specific metric. You can see below that Manning's QB rating was 141.1 in week one but his QBR was 83.6

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning

OMG:bizarro:
vortex21.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OMG:bizarro:

The below was his original posts. He said real QBR in the first post so I sent him a link to the QBR information. So when he said real QBR had Manning at 141, I said he was confusing QB Rating with QBR.

I agree about the ESPN rating system, have seen some crazy numbers come out of there, but I am interested in the 4th quarter part of it. I wonder if the real QBR data is available for the same analysis by quarter.

No, ESPN has different numbers than the real QBR that people utilize. For example, in week 1, Peyton Manning had like a 141, but ESPN had him at like 97 or something. At least that's what I read on the posts in here.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
Only the most foolish people give any credence to ESPNs nutty rating system and to judge QBs by bits and pieces of their playing time rather than the entire body of work is asinine.

Kind of like people who only judge a QB by the amount of INTs thrown?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To reduce confusion between which qbr people mean, how about just completely ignoring the existence of the dumb espn one and stick with the one everyone has used forever. Cutler is doing grand in both so that shouldn't come into it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To reduce confusion between which qbr people mean, how about just completely ignoring the existence of the dumb espn one and stick with the one everyone has used forever. Cutler is doing grand in both so that shouldn't come into it.

:clap:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Or we could not call one that's not a QBR the only thing it's ever been called and talk about passer rating. There is no real or unreal QBR. There is only QBR and Passer Rating.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting. Bears should hold Cutler out of the game in quarters 1-3, then insert him in the 4th.

As someone else mentioned, its somewhat indicitive of Cutler's immediate hot/cold performances. If he starts a game well, he will play well all game. If he starts a game poorly, he's going to play poorly for the rest of the game. So if the Bears are letting Cutler throw the ball in the 4th quarter, its usually because he's played well in quarters 1-3.

This stat is somewhat worthless...kind of like looking the 8th and 9th innings of starting pitchers while ignoring innings 1-7. One would assume if they are being allowed to pitch in innings 8 and 9, they've done pretty well in innings 1-7 and vice versa.

Started great against the Queens, hit the brakes, then started back up again in the 4th.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or we could not call one that's not a QBR the only thing it's ever been called and talk about passer rating. There is no real or unreal QBR. There is only QBR and Passer Rating.

But until ESPN came out with their "QBR" nonsense, the real rating system (what you are referring to as passer rating) was referred to as quarterback rating as well as passer rating, for years. Decades in fact

Last edited: