Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th quarter

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
But until ESPN came out with their "QBR" nonsense, the real rating system (what you are referring to as passer rating) was referred to as quarterback rating as well as passer rating, for years. Decades in fact

True, but prior to moneyball, I didn't need an accountant to tell me what I was seeing on a a fucking ball diamond either.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But until ESPN came out with their "QBR" nonsense, the real rating system (what you are referring to as passer rating) was referred to as quarterback rating as well as passer rating, for years. Decades in fact
Not by any professional service. Only fan sites. I've always railed against it's use because it was never meant to be a QBR and only a passer efficiency rating.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
QBR.

Such a funny stat. After Peyton's 460+ yard, 7 TD effort he ranked 5th for the week behind Dalton, who the Bears beat.

It's as useless as the current QB Rating, but it's just a different way of being wrong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stop it!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of like people who only judge a QB by the amount of INTs thrown?
Nope, use the QB rating (Not ESPN's Total QBR) like everyone else. If you like QBs who throw a lot of ints, I'd have to say you suck as a Bears' fan cause nothing hurts a team more than turnovers.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Be far more impressive if the other 3 quarters didn't add up to a Grossmanesque 72 rating.

It's a shame I have to go out in about 10 minutes, you seem extra fired up this evening. Guess I have some fun reading when I get home!

Monster

Liked Posts:
He's at 84 for his career... better than most... worse than some...
Doing ok so far this year... but turnovers are still an issue for him and the team...
Still early... good to be 2-0... have to win the games you are supposed to win

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4t

Nope, use the QB rating (Not ESPN's Total QBR) like everyone else. If you like QBs who throw a lot of ints, I'd have to say you suck as a Bears' fan cause nothing hurts a team more than turnovers.

More specifically, a red zone turn over on 3rd down hurts a team more, it is probably the worst play percentage wise to commit.

I adore the mentality of reasoning on here. We've got a: use the passer rating because the majority "everyone else" uses it and use it because its older.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More specifically, a red zone turn over on 3rd down hurts a team more, it is probably the worst play percentage wise to commit.

I adore the mentality of reasoning on here. We've got a: use the passer rating because the majority "everyone else" uses it and use it because its older.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

I get my boxer shorts at Kmart.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's the coaching..