Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th quarter

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Highest in the NFL.

yes, it's the espn stat, but the better qbs are ranked appropriately usually and it is a valid form of statistics where Cutler is #1

:)

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't have guessed that but when you think to some of his worst games, wheels came off early. Houston and MN last year come to mind. Maybe Jay is a closer at heart, don't know but that is an interesting stat.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Highest in the NFL.

yes, it's the espn stat, but the better qbs are ranked appropriately usually and it is a valid form of statistics where Cutler is #1

:)

Please explain Stafford having the highest QB rating in the division?

Cue the excuses.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Trestman can get him going early, the sky is the limit.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th...

ESPN's qbr rating is NOT valid and will never be recognized as an official stat and QBs are rated for entire games, not just 1 quarter of games. Get this nonsense out of here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coffee is for closers.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since the start of last season, Jay Cutler has a Total QBR of 87.3 in the 4th...

How bout you get your nonsense out of here.

Only the most foolish people give any credence to ESPNs nutty rating system and to judge QBs by bits and pieces of their playing time rather than the entire body of work is asinine.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
ESPN's qbr rating is NOT valid and will never be recognized as an official stat and QBs are rated for entire games, not just 1 quarter of games. Get this nonsense out of here.

Shut it bitch. Clutchler is your daddy.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only the most foolish people give any credence to ESPNs nutty rating system and to judge QBs by bits and pieces of their playing time rather than the entire body of work is asinine.

I agree about the ESPN rating system, have seen some crazy numbers come out of there, but I am interested in the 4th quarter part of it. I wonder if the real QBR data is available for the same analysis by quarter.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree about the ESPN rating system, have seen some crazy numbers come out of there, but I am interested in the 4th quarter part of it. I wonder if the real QBR data is available for the same analysis by quarter.

There is but I don't feel like pointing out where it is.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is but I don't feel like pointing out where it is.

I understand. And I just got home from work and not in the mood to go searching all over the place for these numbers either. Hopefully someone with a lot of time and energy will step up.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No, he's just the object of your desire.

I love the fact that you enjoyed the Bears game less than the average Bears fan due to Cutty leading us to the game winning touchdown. You have no idea. It tickles my heart.

supra8795

Liked Posts:

I don't give a fuck about ESPN I just think we would be better off with out your nonsense around here.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Really don't give a damn about the source of a stat (ESPN in this case) as long as it measures the targets equally with out bias.. then it can be noteworthy to pay attention to just as any other would. Just saying... if the stat came from Elias or STAT INC... and thier numbers said the same thing... would it make a difference? And its not foolish to pay attention to situational stats.

Of course you want a whole body of work to be noticed.. but if a Stat shows that your of your two running backs.. one may gain over all more YPC.. but then tails of in 4th quarters.... where as the other gets stronger as the game wears on............ who do you give the ball to 3rd and goal in the 4th...? The guy who averages 5.2 per game... but only 2.2 in the 4th..... or the guy who averages 4.0 per game... but 6.3 ypc in the 4th...?

Only a foolish person wouldn't put in the better 4th quarter RB in that situation.

In Cutler's case.... if the stats show that he plays better in the 4th than most other QBs.... how is that not of note... or foolish to pay attention to? As a fan you know your QB doesn't fold in the most critical quarter.... as a coach... you have confidence that your guy can pull rabbits out of hats in the 4th.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Damnit, we still can't take Spartan anywhere.