Not open for further replies.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
way too many questions right now

will rose be the same?
did jimmy have a fluke year?
can we stay healthy?

and even if all that works out we still have the same problem that we had 2 years ago and thats no 2nd option

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
LOL...The Pacers had size, defense and coaching...the Spurs had size, defense and coaching...

And nobody is EASILY toppling Miami while Lebron James is healthy. Last the Bulls played the Heat in the playoffs with Rose, they lost.

Ok the word "easily" was misused. My point still stands: your two examples aren't very good because last time I checked the Pacers took the Heat to seven and the Spurs were a Chicago Cubs-esque derp away from winning it all.

The Heat are beatable is the point. And last time we played them Keith Bogans was our shooting guard. Let that sink in for a bit my man..... Keith. Fucking. Bogans.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Ok the word "easily" was misused. My point still stands: your two examples aren't very good because last time I checked the Pacers took the Heat to seven and the Spurs were a Chicago Cubs-esque derp away from winning it all.

The Heat are beatable is the point. And last time we played them Keith Bogans was our shooting guard. Let that sink in for a bit my man..... Keith. Fucking. Bogans.

What should probably sink in brother, is Rose's performance in that series.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is one thing you can count on should the Bulls/Heat meet in the playoffs:

Chris Bosh will destroy Carlos Boozer.

Regardless of whether or not Jo guards Bosh more than Booz...Jo has to help everywhere else and when it comes time for Booz to sink or recover on Bosh....he's nowhere to be found.

Don't get me wrong I totally think the Bulls CAN beat the Heat, but there is just all kinds of wrong with Boozer getting more minutes against the Heat than Taj.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What should probably sink in brother, is Rose's performance in that series.
And despite that performance, we were still in those games while playing 4 on 5 offensively with Bogans in the game and 4 on 5 defensively if we had Korver in the game. We were, are, and will continue to be a star below the Heat (as are every other team in the league), but even so we have a fighting chance, as slim as that is.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is one thing you can count on should the Bulls/Heat meet in the playoffs:

Chris Bosh will destroy Carlos Boozer.

Regardless of whether or not Jo guards Bosh more than Booz...Jo has to help everywhere else and when it comes time for Booz to sink or recover on Bosh....he's nowhere to be found.

Don't get me wrong I totally think the Bulls CAN beat the Heat, but there is just all kinds of wrong with Boozer getting more minutes against the Heat than Taj.
The real problem is that Boozer is complete mismatch with how the Heat play. He's useless against their small ball lineup. If the Heat are starting Haslem alongside Bosh, Boozer would do fine. Offensively, the Heat are able to put Bosh on Boozer because Jo doesn't have enough offense to keep the Heat big. Taj doesn't help much in that respect either. Indiana has the right combination of post players to keep the Heat out of their small ball lineup, we don't.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
And despite that performance, we were still in those games while playing 4 on 5 offensively with Bogans in the game and 4 on 5 defensively if we had Korver in the game. We were, are, and will continue to be a star below the Heat (as are every other team in the league), but even so we have a fighting chance, as slim as that is.

Other teams have 2 star players. I will continue to say it...if Deng is the second best player on your team...you don't win titles. Period.

Being "in those games" and winning them? Totally different animal. And you talk as if Joel Anthony wasn't out there playing for the Heat, or Mike Miller wasn't walking around the court like Fred Sanford...that wasn't a dream team that beat the Bulls that year. That was a better team. And they still are a better team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Other teams have 2 star players. I will continue to say it...if Deng is the second best player on your team...you don't win titles. Period.

Being "in those games" and winning them? Totally different animal. And you talk as if Joel Anthony wasn't out there playing for the Heat, or Mike Miller wasn't walking around the court like Fred Sanford...that wasn't a dream team that beat the Bulls that year. That was a better team. And they still are a better team.
You do know that I am agreeing with you right...I said that they are and will continue to be a better team. No team on paper is a team you look at and say they are the favorites against the Heat. We do need that second star, but I have no idea how we're going to get that player without losing the rest of the team. Having two stars won't do much if our supporting cast is worse than what the Heat have. So until we get that magical upgrade, being "in those games" is better than not having any chance at all.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
if Deng is the second best player on your team...you don't win titles

i think noah is our 2nd best but same could be said...so proceed

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
We will not win titles with Noah as the second best player on the team either. :shrug:

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

The Bulls have Luol Deng and Joakim Noah who were all stars last season and Derrick Rose who is one of the best point guards in the NBA.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls have Luol Deng and Joakim Noah who were all stars last season and Derrick Rose who is one of the best point guards in the NBA.
Ok...

Heat have Lebron, the best player in the world, and two all stars who seem to routinely outplay our all stars. Their stars are better than ours, that's the point.

Liked Posts:
We just need better stars to compliment drose but the only big name I see us having a shot at is kevin love....maybe butler progresses but who knows,... maybe fatigue will also be a factor regarding the heat they went to three straight finals, and the last 2 ecf's they were in had to go 7 games, but don't count on that though

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

yeah they made the all-star team but dont get confused thinking they are on the level of Wade and Bosh

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Ok...

Heat have Lebron, the best player in the world, and two all stars who seem to routinely outplay our all stars. Their stars are better than ours, that's the point.

I think everyone knows that. Duh.

The point was that the Bulls have a few all stars. I never said that they were better than Heat's players. Deng and Noah are still good.

How many other teams have three all star players? Not too many.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
yeah they made the all-star team but dont get confused thinking they are on the level of Wade and Bosh

Can you point out the hidden message where I said that Deng and Noah are on the level of Wade and Bosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.