Book it: Steve Kerr says Bulls over Heat, no 3-peat

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
We have a great chance this year. Jimmy made a huge stride from his rookie season to his 2nd year, there's no reason to believe his work ethic would just completely fall off. He definitely proved he is not a fluke because he continued his 2nd half performance through the playoffs. One big advantage that we have is that we are one of, if not the best, rebounding teams in the league. Miami is one of, if not, the worst. Jimmy proved he is a pretty damn good rebounder, might be one of the best 2 guard rebounders in the game. We always gash them when it comes to that and that will be a big key in a playoff series. Everyone just assumes we would ultimately lose to the Heat in 6 or 7 but we haven't seen a Rose Butler Deng Boozer Noah lineup yet. I believe Rose will come back full strength(I even have picked him to win MVP(no bias)) and I believe Jimmy will be quite a big better once more.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think everyone knows that. Duh.

The point was that the Bulls have a few all stars. I never said that they were better than Heat's players. Deng and Noah are still good.

How many other teams have three all star players? Not too many.
But alas as nice as it is to say we have 3 all stars, those all stars not named Derrick Rose aren't really stars and we're still stuck being worse than Miami, which is the point Hou is making. It's the difference between where we are as a "very good" team and a "championship" team that you look at and say "that team can give Miami a legitimate challenge." I thought OKC with Harden on it was that latter kind of team and they still got taken out in 5. We can still win without being that latter type of team, but we'll always be severe underdogs as a result (though to be fair, the 28 other teams will probably also be underdogs).

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
When I was a teenager, I heard about the Knicks, Blazers, Suns...they all lost...why? Because Jordan (I am talking early 1990's here) was MUCH better than everyone else. Lebron is at that point relative to the league. You need another player that can score points and take pressure off of Rose. Until then, I ain't convinced.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE BULLS NEED A PIPPEN TYPE CALIBER ALLSTAR WHO HAS A SUPERIOR SKILL AT AN ELITE LEVEL or if not a "can do all" player like PIPPEN, then the Bulls need a guy that can flat out score.
Probably the Bulls biggest need is a REAL ELITE SCORER who can at least play respectable(not great) defense.

DERRICK ROSE AND THE BULLS WILL NOT WIN A TITLE WITHOUT ONE.
PERIOD.
END OF STORY.
THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD THAT CAN MAKE THAT HAPPEN IS JOHN PAXSON and GAR FOREMAN.
IF THEY CANT GET IT DONE, THEN ANOTHER PERSON SHOULD HAVE THE CHANCE TO DO SO.
And the only person in the world that can pull that kind of trigger is JERRY REINSDORFF or his son.

Derrick Rose can choose whether to help recruit or not but he doesnt have the say so anyway so it dont mean shit.
That job is Garforeman and Johnny Paxsons.......

It could help if Derrick tries to convince them to pull a triger on a player or friend thats a star player around the league.
My question is, does Derrick have any more buddies he could possible consider convincing John Paxson to recruit,, or is Kirk Hinrich his only friend in the league? :shrug:

Last edited:

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Steve Kerr see's what I see. That the Heat aren't some unstoppable mythological force of nature that can do no wrong and that teams who have clear advantages over them (like the Bulls with size, defense, and coaching) can easily topple them.

If Bulls fans would stop listing to ESPN's dick slurping of the LeHeat and actually watch basketball...

I agree completely. Hell the pacers gave them all they could handle, and did it with tough tenacious defense. I would argue we are stronger defensively, and teams that play hard nosed defense give the heat a lot of trouble. Add in Rose to the mix, and possibly a stronger bench, and I believe we could beat the heat. I see this team primed for a deep deep run thru the playoffs, into the finals. Hopefully they won't wear out front playing our starters a ton of minutes.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
We just need better stars to compliment drose but the only big name I see us having a shot at is kevin love....maybe butler progresses but who knows,... maybe fatigue will also be a factor regarding the heat they went to three straight finals, and the last 2 ecf's they were in had to go 7 games, but don't count on that though

I would love for us to get Kevin Love, he and Rose together would be dangerous. Love would add to our strong rebounding and stronger defense, while scoring a lot. Throw in guys like Noah, Butler, and Deng, to Rose and Love, we would have a very dangerous and tanacious starting lineup, while having a very strong bench. Give minnesota Boozer, Teague, and the bobcats pick, and maybe ours too to get this done. Boozer would have to go to try and even up the money, Teague could help them if Rubio don't come back healthy, the picks are certainly what they'd be looking at. Everyone wins if we could pull that off. We'd certainly be right there with the heat. They couldn't defend Love, or Rose, and our defense would give them fits. I think we'd win it all with Love added to our lineup.

But this is only a dream, but maybe one we could make.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I would love for us to get Kevin Love, he and Rose together would be dangerous. Love would add to our strong rebounding and stronger defense, while scoring a lot. Throw in guys like Noah, Butler, and Deng, to Rose and Love, we would have a very dangerous and tanacious starting lineup, while having a very strong bench. Give minnesota Boozer, Teague, and the bobcats pick, and maybe ours too to get this done. Boozer would have to go to try and even up the money, Teague could help them if Rubio don't come back healthy, the picks are certainly what they'd be looking at. Everyone wins if we could pull that off. We'd certainly be right there with the heat. They couldn't defend Love, or Rose, and our defense would give them fits. I think we'd win it all with Love added to our lineup.

But this is only a dream, but maybe one we could make.

Sounds good...........Dreams arnt impossible....They just are for Paxson
:troll:

sicko

Liked Posts:
I truly hope so but I don't think so , I say we are still one more year and a strong off season away from finally dethroning the Heat

LaMarcus Aldridge wants to be a Bull then Foreman and Paxson need to make that happen and I still think we need a star at Shooting Guard or if they keep Jimmy Butler at Shooting Guard then a Star at Small Forward would help

Kevin Love would be a great as well but his Durability is a major concern

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
No team in the league is unbeatable. Period. The Heat are no exception to this rule. If the Spurs secure that defensive board at the end of Game 6, the Heat wouldn't even be back-to-back champs. All this talk about "We need two mega stars" "No one will beat a team with Lebron on it" is all just talk. The reality is that rebounding & size are the Heat's achilles heel, something that pushed them to the brink in TWO back & forth series last year. It is something they are trying to rectify by brining in Oden, a player I don't think will help as much as everyone else does. With all the movement in the East this off-season, & the return of an improved D-Rose, I don't feel any team in the East is a certain lock for the Finals at this point.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are not the best team in their division in my opinion. If the Heat are going to be defeated in the East...it could more likely be the Pacers than the Bulls.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are not the best team in their division in my opinion. If the Heat are going to be defeated in the East...it could more likely be the Pacers than the Bulls.

The Bulls have had the best record in the league with Thibs when Rose has been healthy. There's no reason for me not to believe not only are the Bulls the best team in our division but one of the best in the league now that an improved, more confident Rose is returning. He made a bold prediction a few years ago about winning MVP, then went out and did it. He was talking championship yesterday. This year will be "magical" & "real exciting for Bulls fan" he says. I believe it will be too.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The Bulls have had the best record in the league with Thibs when Rose has been healthy. There's no reason for me not to believe not only are the Bulls the best team in our division but one of the best in the league now that an improved, more confident Rose is returning. He made a bold prediction a few years ago about winning MVP, then went out and did it. He was talking championship yesterday. This year will be "magical" & "real exciting for Bulls fan" he says. I believe it will be too.

The best record in the league doesn't always mean you are the best team. And to say there's no reason for you not to believe the Bulls are the best team in the division...Paul George, Roy Hibbert....Luis Scola coming off the bench...NO reason?

Player for player, the Pacers are a better team than the Bulls. If Hibbert plays like he did against Miami last season? Plenty or reasons are there...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say that's due to Indiana having the better post presence and thus better matchup more so than having a better overall team. They can force Miami to play big every minute of the game and have a legit post scorer in the game at all times. At this point though, you could call it a toss up for who's the better team in the division in my opinion. I'm not convinced that Hibbert is a better player than Noah just yet and Granger is still a question mark as to how he'll fit in with Paul George being the main guy. If they mesh well and Hibbert puts up numbers consistent to how he played in the playoffs against Miami then yes, I'll have no choice but to say the Indiana is the best team in the division, but that remains to be seen.

Though in perfect universe land, the Heat and Indiana play each other in the 2nd round and Indiana wins and then we play them in the ECF and win. :elephant:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The Pacers are getting a lot of hype. I've said many times Hibbert was total ass all the way up until the Heat series and lets face it, he had a MAJOR mismatch when playing the heat which worked to his advantage. I love Paul George and his potential as a player but he isn't anywhere near D Rose yet. David West isn't getting any younger and Granger is coming off some pretty big injuries. Scola was a nice pickup but that doesn't fix their major problem which is the PG position.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Im very excited for this season cant wait

Mike D and a healthy rose wooooooooooot

sicko

Liked Posts:
We all want to beat the Heat of course but I do think some fans let their PRIDE get the best of them and it may sometimes BLIND THEM from Reality!

Miami have the best player in the NBA right now...PERIOD, sure I want to say Rose is the best and would love to have that bragging right but I can't do that with that Beast in Miami coming off of winning MVP AGAIN and a Championship AGAIN and another NBA Finals MVP

Miami is loaded and if Oden can give them something and regardless of the Weed Problems Michael Beasley CAN PLAY, that is a bonus to them if those two can contribute something! OK so lets keep things into prospective here. Getting Rose back of course his huge but I question if Rose is coming back to a better team after the injury? Can you say we upgraded this team since Rose injury and got him the help he needed to push past Miami? It was never about just having Rose to beat Miami it is more so about the REST OF THE TEAM catching up to Derrick Rose and possibly getting another guy that can torch Miami especially when they Put LeBron on Rose to slow him down and make things harder on him

Basically what we are hoping for is a break out year for Butler at Shooting Guard and maybe some help from Dunlevy of the bench with scoring and who knows maybe Tony Snell can do somethings and contribute as a rookie. If all these things happen then yes MAYBE we stop Miami from winning it all again

But Just getting Rose back does not guarantee we get past Miami!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I am the Heat GM, if Gar Forman called and offered me Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah for LeBron James, I'd need to think a lot about it, but there's a good chance I'm saying yes.

And how exactly does one measure 2 players to say that 2 players together are not better than LeBron James. Or is that just a figure of speech?
:aj:

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Hues right about his last 3 statements on this thread.
Yup, he pisses me off though, but when the man is right, he is right.
Just sayin.
:shrug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.