Not open for further replies.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...r-thinks-heat-won-t-three-191834631--nba.html

"There's a reason these teams don't do it," TNT analyst Steve Kerr said. "Emotionally, it's just exhausting to keep doing it year after year, particularly when you have to deal with everything Miami has to deal with on a daily basis, just the constant critiquing and scrutiny on the team, and then you factor in the injuries with Wade and Bosh and their health. I don't think Miami will get out of the East this year."

Well, there is one vote of confidence.

Despite Kerr being an ex-Bull, many believe he has been very fair in his predictions, including naming the Heat to win the last two years.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Steve Kerr. :lol:

1aua.jpg

:troll:

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kerr, to me at least, is the best color guy on tv of any sport. That doesn't mean his prediction is anymore of a lock, but I'll take it.

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
Bold prediction, as the Heat are certainly the team to beat. With that said, the East looks amazing this year with the Bulls healthy again, the Pacers adding to their team, and obviously the Nets gaining some strenth. Hoping our Bulls prevail, if healthy! That is if Thibs doesn't play our guys too many minutes (Deng).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Don't forget the Heat added Greg Oden, the piece that is sure to make the two time defending champs more dangerous.

bwilde

Liked Posts:
Oden doesn't scare anyone at this point...he blows out a knee sneezing

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I trust his analysis on the whole endurance thing. Hope he's right.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
A lot of retooling in the East, a lot of coaching changes, Boston, Brooklyn traded a a bunch, the Knicks lost some guys could get others back. The Pacers kept their core group. The Bulls get back the MVP and get more steady and defensive at the 2 guard and they lost the least. The Heat got Oden and Older. I vote Bulls.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Steve Kerr once said that he could see Hinrich becoming the next Steve Nash....

Let that marinate.

Smart guy and all, but let's not go crazy here. And no...the Bulls as currently constituted don't have enough to beat a healthy Miami team. Miami's best player is better than Chicago's two best players combined. I am sorry but until the Bulls get a second guy...don't expect them to beat the Heat...unless Wade's knees explode...then its another story...

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
HueHeffna is right.
Lebron James is a basketball God.

:derbulls:

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Yahoo sports is so horrible now. That whole new design is absolutely disgusting and a sore to the eye. Plus Steve Kerr made this prediction like a month or two ago because I watched the video of him on BR. Shitty website and late reporting.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
Steve Kerr see's what I see. That the Heat aren't some unstoppable mythological force of nature that can do no wrong and that teams who have clear advantages over them (like the Bulls with size, defense, and coaching) can easily topple them.

If Bulls fans would stop listing to ESPN's dick slurping of the LeHeat and actually watch basketball...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Steve Kerr see's what I see. That the Heat aren't some unstoppable mythological force of nature that can do no wrong and that teams who have clear advantages over them (like the Bulls with size, defense, and coaching) can easily topple them.

If Bulls fans would stop listing to ESPN's dick slurping of the LeHeat and actually watch basketball...

LOL...The Pacers had size, defense and coaching...the Spurs had size, defense and coaching...

And nobody is EASILY toppling Miami while Lebron James is healthy. Last the Bulls played the Heat in the playoffs with Rose, they lost.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steve Kerr once said that he could see Hinrich becoming the next Steve Nash....

Let that marinate.

Smart guy and all, but let's not go crazy here. And no...the Bulls as currently constituted don't have enough to beat a healthy Miami team. Miami's best player is better than Chicago's two best players combined. I am sorry but until the Bulls get a second guy...don't expect them to beat the Heat...unless Wade's knees explode...then its another story...

If I am the Heat GM, if Gar Forman called and offered me Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah for LeBron James, I'd need to think a lot about it, but there's a good chance I'm saying yes.

And how exactly does one measure 2 players to say that 2 players together are not better than LeBron James. Or is that just a figure of speech?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kind of hate Steve Kerr for this prediction. High expectations in the national media in the preseason does not bode well for a potential championship.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If I am the Heat GM, if Gar Forman called and offered me Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah for LeBron James, I'd need to think a lot about it, but there's a good chance I'm saying yes.

And how exactly does one measure 2 players to say that 2 players together are not better than LeBron James. Or is that just a figure of speech?

So Pat Riley would trade James for Rose and Noah?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Pat Riley would trade James for Rose and Noah?

He wouldn't but that is because (a) the Heat are title favorites again and (b) Chicago would never make that trade from a basketball and PR stand-point.

In a magical world in which Riley somehow could see the future and knew that the Heat would not win a 3rd title in a row (even with LeBron), I think that trade might be a good one for Miami to keep the Heat title contenders longer; Noah has 2 years left and Rose has 4 years left and James has only 1. And from a PR stand-point: Wade is still the most popular player on the Heat among the vast majority their real fans.

This is real life though so that would never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.