Our Schedule isn't Really Looking That Tough

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
@steelers- they suck
@lions-they are talented but horribly coached and we have their number
Vs. Saints- they don't look like world beaters this year, they struggled against the bucs
VS. Giants- their defense is atrocious, and on offense they have no run game and eli looks shaky
@Redskins. their defense is awful and rg3 isn't the same player yet
@packers- tough game
VS.lions
Vs. Ravens- post super bowl slump
@rams- not worried at all
@vikings- see above
vs. Cowboys- the cowgirls are still the cowgirls
@Browns- i'll pencil in a W here
@eagles- their offense may give our defense trouble, but we'll be able to put up points
VS. Packers

barring serious injuries to important players I don't see how we get less than 10 wins.
I agree for the most part. Funny thing is it looks much easier to me now than it did when the schedules first came out.

bubbashucker

Liked Posts:
I have been saying this about our schedule since I started this thread in preseason.

Our Schedule is not all that tough. I was a 10-6/11-5 guy. With a win against Pitt, I might go up to 12-4 (as I had this as a loss).

I know that things can change quickly, but right now, I would not be surprised to see the Bears 7-0 going into the bye week. Realistically, I think 5-2 is probable.

then, over the last 9 games, only the GB matchups look real tough. Lions and RAvens at home should be wins. @Rams and @ Vikings might be tough, but should be winnable. Cowboys look extremely beatable. @Browns should be a win. @Eagles - I am not sold on their offense yet and their D sucks. Then we get the Pack at home.

Having beaten Cincy and Minny (two "playoff" teams) and seeing how bad Pitt is this year, makes tis schedule much easier than once thought.

I might have talked myself into 13-3 :)

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
If our Dline doesnt start to pressure the QB there are gonna be alot of close games, but however i expect our offense to keep getting better each week and will be peaking around mid season

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Assuming we avoid serious injuries to key players anything less than 10-6 would be a major disappointment for me at this point. Steelers, Browns, Giants, Rams and Vikings all look like very poor teams, and outside of Green Bay and maybe Philly there isn't anyone else I'd consider to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders on the schedule.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Well...it's not like we convincingly won our 1st 2 games

34_Payton

Never Die Easy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...it's not like we convincingly won our 1st 2 games

Yes and no. As far as scores are concerned you are correct. However, there IS reason for optimism based on Offensive performance. We've done well in the recent past with almost zero to be excited about offensively. The offense will only continue to improve, and their starting point this season is so much higher than their peak for the past 10+ seasons.

The D is off to a slower start than we're accustomed to but we have always relied on them to win games for us. That's not our MO anymore. If Peppers and Melton raiser their level of play over the course of the season we should be back to Bears Defense soon.

Bottom line is we are a much different team and one that should concern opponents a great deal. Not sure how many more weeks it will take before the Bears are talked about as a true contender but I think it will happen.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yes and no. As far as scores are concerned you are correct. However, there IS reason for optimism based on Offensive performance. We've done well in the recent past with almost zero to be excited about offensively. The offense will only continue to improve, and their starting point this season is so much higher than their peak for the past 10+ seasons.

The D is off to a slower start than we're accustomed to but we have always relied on them to win games for us. That's not our MO anymore. If Peppers and Melton raiser their level of play over the course of the season we should be back to Bears Defense soon.

Bottom line is we are a much different team and one that should concern opponents a great deal. Not sure how many more weeks it will take before the Bears are talked about as a true contender but I think it will happen.
I like the optomism, but I'd like the see where we're at after week 4 to see how easy our schedule is...both wins were close and at home.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Dont sleep on the Steelers at home with thier backs against the wall.

Beating the Bengals probably did take this Bears team from a 9-7 team to a 10-6 team.

The Steelers are terrible... too many injuries and old players... No offensive weapons...

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
our Schedule is alot harder than you think we play like we did against the vikings and turn the ball over 3 times we will lose to the Steelers and the Lions

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
16-0. Book it.

iBearsLX

Liked Posts:
I see losses to Saints, Packers (once), Lions (once), and Eagles. Maybe Cowboys, Packers (second time), and Vikings.

34_Payton

Never Die Easy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the optomism, but I'd like the see where we're at after week 4 to see how easy our schedule is...both wins were close and at home.

Understood. I'm excited for every game, but even if the next 2 are wins people will say, "Steelers aren't any good this year and the Lions are the Lions. I had medium expectations coming into this season with a new regime. After 2 games I have the feeling that things are moving along faster than I expected. I wasn't sure if the Bears were a 2013 playoff team but now I think their chances are better, not just because of the 2 wins but how the games were coached, managed and executed. All will continue to improve. I'm really looking forward to see how they match up vs the Packers after half a season to sharpen their blades.