1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jesus

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
****** throws the ball to guy who will fight every ****** here. TD. Penalty because the ****** threw a forward lateral. TD overturned.

Wow... Riley Cooper approves :lol:

Stalin828

Liked Posts:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it wasn't a touch back because of anything Weems did. It was a touchback because they said the guy that stopped the ball from landing in the endzone was on the white line when he jumped? Weems made a heads up play in trying to pick it up to see if he could get a return (since it appeared the ball would be downed right by the goal line), but he didn't actually accomplish anything. Instead of a safety or touchback for the Vikings we elected to take the touchback from the first touch of the ball.

The situation is so rare, I doubt it can be exploited. Typically when the ball is touched it is downed. And I don't think you want to risk players being in the vicinity of the ball in that situation.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
****** throws the ball to guy who will fight every ****** here. TD. Penalty because the ****** threw a forward lateral. TD overturned.

Not the same situation. That was a kickoff not a punt and the kicking team needs to touch the ball first.....

My intial guess is that the Bears could pick up the ball and throw it backwards toward their own endzone to cause a touchback, but going forward would be an illegal pass.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
After the vikings touched the ball we could do whatever we wanted to and it would have been a touch back.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
images

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After the vikings touched the ball we could do whatever we wanted to and it would have been a touch back.

That is accurate based upon where the Vikings touched it, but I believe that the scenario I am proposing would be a legal play which would result in the ball being downed wherever the returning player is tackled.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gee, thanks. You are right...I couldn't find that play where the punt return guy gets the ball after it was touched by a punt coverage guy, and then throws the ball to another player who is hiding in the endzone. My bad. I will keep searching, because I'm sure that type of play happens every week in the NFL...

No reason to be a dick.......oh wait it's Rory...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it wasn't a touch back because of anything Weems did. It was a touchback because they said the guy that stopped the ball from landing in the endzone was on the white line when he jumped? Weems made a heads up play in trying to pick it up to see if he could get a return (since it appeared the ball would be downed right by the goal line), but he didn't actually accomplish anything. Instead of a safety or touchback for the Vikings we elected to take the touchback from the first touch of the ball.

The situation is so rare, I doubt it can be exploited. Typically when the ball is touched it is downed. And I don't think you want to risk players being in the vicinity of the ball in that situation.

Thanks. I understand the rarity but if gravity and the element of surprise were to be in our favor I'm sure they could execute something worthwhile...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Only the greatest trick play ever. Riley cooper was laying in the end zone in the S of the Saints letter in the endzone so no one could see him on the rerun when it was kicked deeds jackson threw him the ball laterally, and he ran it back.

Whoever the guy is that knee trestman, get him this video ASAP. We need this to happen. This would be freaking amazing.

Do you not recall two/three years ago when the Bears did this same style play on a punt return?

Hester threw the punt across to Knox who was hidden off in the distance and he returned it for a touchdown. Only it was called back on a non existent holding call the ref threw since it seemed a hold because the blocker was letting the trick set up.

It was in some blowout loss, probably vs the Packers.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom line is the ball could have been advanced by Weems, but lateral and forward pass rules still apply.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seriously. There is a clusterfuck of a thread about Trestman having nothing to do with the better play by the offense. Remy brought stats.

My contention was about pre snap penalties. I already said in that thread the offense is better and that Jay Cutler in particular looks better.

Perhaps gravity is negatively affecting your reading comprehension.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My contention was about pre snap penalties. I already said in that thread the offense is better and that Jay Cutler in particular looks better.

Perhaps gravity is negatively affecting your reading comprehension.

Get the fuck out of my thread, remy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you not recall two/three years ago when the Bears did this same style play on a punt return?

Hester threw the punt across to Knox who was hidden off in the distance and he returned it for a touchdown. Only it was called back on a non existent holding call the ref threw since it seemed a hold because the blocker was letting the trick set up.

It was in some blowout loss, probably vs the Packers.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

I don't remember that, you are not referring to that trick play we pulled which got called back where Hester ran to one side of the field acting like he was going for the punt but actually was just drawing all the defenders to him while Knox actually caught the punt and ran it back, only to be nullified by a hold?

Frigidus

Liked Posts:

I was wondering why I hadn't heard about this. I would probably cry if the Bears nearly pulled that off but failed to fucking lateral properly.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;4dFmZ7pW4eM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFmZ7pW4eM[/video]

This one?