Jay Cutler #6 on MVP Watch

oJVIurder

Liked Posts:
NFL Nation New York Giants reporter Dan Graziano updated his MVP Watch list for Week 3 of the season, and Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler checks in at No. 6 after guiding his team to its second consecutive come-from-behind victory Sunday over the Minnesota Vikings.

Check out the list here.

Here’s Graziano’s analysis:

“This guy's sideline demeanor makes [Tom] Brady look like Mr. Rogers [Fred, that is], but the Bears are keeping him upright for the first time and he's rewarding them with cotton-candy-sweet, game-winning touchdown passes to Martellus Bennett in the corner of the end zone. Cutler has the fifth-best completion percentage in the league, a 2-0 record and a coach he appears to actually like. This is no small thing, because, as has been well established, Cutler doesn't like anyone.”

One very noticeable aspect of Cutler’s demeanor from this vantage point is that right now, the quarterback seems to like everyone, especially the club’s revamped offensive line, and his weapons at the skill positions. Cutler now believes in the protection and the system, and that’s translated to a more confident signal-caller.

The true measure of Cutler’s transformation will come once the quarterback faces adversity he’s unable to rebound from over the course of a game. Bears coach Marc Trestman has mentioned that potential situation on numerous occasions, while admitting his relationship with Cutler at this point is still very much in the honeymoon phase.

Because Cutler believes in the system and the coaches teaching it, he shouldn’t have much difficulty bouncing back from the adversity that inevitably comes over the course of a 16-game season. He’s shown flashes of that by bringing back the Bears late in back-to-back games. But sooner or later he’ll be unable to do it. It’s normal. How will Cutler react then?

Either way, given this franchise’s history at the quarterback position, it’s refreshing to see the mere mention of Cutler as an MVP candidate. He's earned that.

A bit early but worth some discussion.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4686050/cutler-no-6-on-mvp-watch-list

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this the part where the media aren't clueless dicks anymore?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You didn't include the link to check the list. I gotta see the rest of it.

oJVIurder

Liked Posts:
are you inadvertently saying the bears are going to the superbowl? :highfive:

oJVIurder

Liked Posts:
the credibility of this list is gone now :smh:

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Why you guys care what some guy writes about HIS opinion? Same thing with power rankings.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Bull shit aside, it's just plain good to hear. I hate the references to Brady, again, as Cutler makes him look... I have never had a problem with his demeanour. It hasn't looked half assed... just frustrated at times. And you know what? He had f--king reasons to be frustrated. Now, maybe he's less so. Sure, he'll get frustrated, I'm sure it's already happened, otherwise there would have been no 'need' for last minute, 4th quarter heroics. He has already 'bounced back'. The rebound, however, is the constant echo of years past where his 'demeanour' wasn't tantamount to 'perfect and professional' like the gods in the industry, like Brady (who has been a whiny bitch lately) and the other 'elite' ones...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Indeed.

Bears have the talent but I need to see how they handle GB before I say it intentionally.

That is the true test; however, I will say I have this weird feeling from this team, that I haven't had since 06.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad Trestman and the Bears get 8 weeks before they match up against the Packers. Plenty of time to get settled in and adjusted.