Wicked article on FANSIDED...

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I've been trying to articulate this for years. A great read... Kansas city fan comes to Chicago, sees game and shares views.

Highlight paragraph for me:

He spoke about surfing the websites for fan reactions after the close wins, and came across a few bad apples...

"I’m sure every fan base has these fans. I’m sure among the happy mob of Bears fans there were those grumbling about the turnovers and kick return for a touchdown that they allowed. I’m sure there were Ravens fans upset about their close call against the Browns. I’m sure there were Texans fans that were upset that they had to pose a dramatic late win for the second week in a row.

I’m not saying that NFL fans should be ignorant to their team’s flaws. I’m not saying there isn’t a time and place to discuss and vent about the perceived shortcomings. What I’m saying is that even for a good, playoff caliber team, there are only 10-12 times in a calendar year where you get to celebrate a win.

Think about that…"

Check it out.

http://fansided.com/2013/09/18/nfl-week-3-preview-predictions/

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fug the Chiefs and the Tomahawk

GO BEARS !!

Bear Down

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"I get that sometimes it’s warranted. Trust me, I understand. My team went 2-14 last season, had a coach that tried to fix things by hanging a sign in the locker room that said “Eliminate Bad Football” and when that didn’t work he changed the sign to “Play Good Football — seriously, that really happened.”

LOL.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
some people just enjoy being critical

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good shit

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the guy basically stole that from what I wrote on here yesterday, the last post of page 1 of EDUMBS 87.3 QBR :

I appreciate every win too. It took me until the 2006-2007 season to learn. I was on the 40 yd line, 10 rows up for that Superbowl, and it turned into one of the worst days of my life. What I learned that day is:

If you don't make the playoffs, you are pissed.
If you make the playoffs and get knocked out in the 1st round, you are more pissed.
If you make it to the NFC championship and lose, it is devastating.
If you lose in the Superbowl, it is the worst feeling in the world.

So bottom line, you have a 1/32 chance of being happy, terrible odds. Not no more. Ever since then, I enjoy every game for what it is. If we lose, I force myself to get over it. And enjoy and celebrate each and every win!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
So true.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
It is good shit. More of us need to remember this.

I follow the Bears. All the time. It's a nasty habit. But I love it. Win, lose or draw.

Last week's game caused me to almost break my hand as I raised my hands over my head, jumping for joy as I saw the Marcellus had the grab, and 10 seconds remained. I didn't give a shit about the 'almost win' or the 'close calls' or the 'blown special teams'... it was a very, very enjoyable afternoon of watching my favorite team come back and do it.

I've read about all those who drew us back to that Atlanta game, where we 'lost' it with the squib kick and then the sweet grab with :01 left on the clock. I hated that loss, but loved the game. Orton to Davis, it was so sweet. It was so fun. Yeah, we lost, but wow. An enjoyable afternoon... This one, was sweeter, and nothing could take that away...

Again the writer goes on...

"We spend countless hours watching, reading, listening and blogging about these teams that we love seven days a week and 12 months a year. With all those countless hours invested in these teams, we only get a handful of times where we get to really celebrate them. Only one team will win the Super Bowl. That means only one fan base gets that ultimate satisfaction that we are all craving. So unless we want this football addiction that we’re all inflicted with to bring us nothing but misery, we have to be able to enjoy what victories that we get.

After all, what good is a pastime if it brings us ten times the misery it does happiness?"

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I think the guy basically stole that from what I wrote on here yesterday, the last post of page 1 of EDUMBS 87.3 QBR :

I appreciate every win too. It took me until the 2006-2007 season to learn. I was on the 40 yd line, 10 rows up for that Superbowl, and it turned into one of the worst days of my life. What I learned that day is:

If you don't make the playoffs, you are pissed.
If you make the playoffs and get knocked out in the 1st round, you are more pissed.
If you make it to the NFC championship and lose, it is devastating.
If you lose in the Superbowl, it is the worst feeling in the world.

So bottom line, you have a 1/32 chance of being happy, terrible odds. Not no more. Ever since then, I enjoy every game for what it is. If we lose, I force myself to get over it. And enjoy and celebrate each and every win!

Cheers to you. Superbowl. Dog... hello bucket list. Doubtful it'll ever happen, AND to be a Bear's Superbowl, win lose or whatever. C'mon man. That Hester return to start game...

Cool post.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheers to you. Superbowl. Dog... hello bucket list. Doubtful it'll ever happen, AND to be a Bear's Superbowl, win lose or whatever. C'mon man. That Hester return to start game...

Cool post.

The Hester return to start the game was one of the greatest moments ever. I am a friend (do business) with a couple of the owners of the Texans. I went to the game with one of the owners and his wife, the General Manager of the Texans (Smith from Denver) and his wife, and the Chairman of the New York Mercantile Exchange, who flew me down from NY in a private jet. All of them taking care of me because they know how I am with the Chicago Bears. I was invited to the official NFL Superbowl Party after the game by the Texans guys, and I said no because I was too pissed off. I learned a big lesson that day.

Mongo

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"The Bears are down 24-30 to the visiting Minnesota Vikings. With time winding down and facing a 3rd -and-10 from the 16 yard line, Jay Cutler drops back and floats a perfectly placed ball to tight end Martellus Bennett who brings it in just inside the pile on for a game-winning touchdown. The crowd goes absolutely crazy."

"just inside the pile on" I swear no one proof reads any thing these days. If it gets past the spell check it must be okay right?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said in another thread

"IMO..No time watching the Bears is ever wasted...The bad years make you appreciate the good years even more."

There..I said it again

mac bear

Liked Posts:
"The Bears are down 24-30 to the visiting Minnesota Vikings. With time winding down and facing a 3rd -and-10 from the 16 yard line, Jay Cutler drops back and floats a perfectly placed ball to tight end Martellus Bennett who brings it in just inside the pile on for a game-winning touchdown. The crowd goes absolutely crazy."

"just inside the pile on" I swear no one proof reads any thing these days. If it gets past the spell check it must be okay right?

It is quite amazing, actually. Nice catch. I knew it was wrong, but took it only as pile... for pylon. Then when you pointed out 'pile on', I find that hilarious. There's a wicked thing out there where every word is splld wrg nd yt wee cn figr t ouut re eel quk. Almst lke anothr lnguge. Wee a dpt quick

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I said in another thread

"IMO..No time watching the Bears is ever wasted...The bad years make you appreciate the good years even more."

There..I said it again

And said it well, both times.

And yet people still piss and moan. Makes me wonder. Really, really makes me wonder...

mac bear

Liked Posts:
The Hester return to start the game was one of the greatest moments ever. I am a friend (do business) with a couple of the owners of the Texans. I went to the game with one of the owners and his wife, the General Manager of the Texans (Smith from Denver) and his wife, and the Chairman of the New York Mercantile Exchange, who flew me down from NY in a private jet. All of them taking care of me because they know how I am with the Chicago Bears. I was invited to the official NFL Superbowl Party after the game by the Texans guys, and I said no because I was too pissed off. I learned a big lesson that day.

I'm 46. The Bears is my kid zone. I revert, like topspeed. My wife marvels at how my moods can be affected. I'm a high school English teacher (go easy on my grammar, I'm not after all of you) AND a writer for a few papers up here (freelance). It's amazing how I am a professional in most things I do... except the Bears.

What were some of your lessons learned? I can speculate... not taking it for granted, living in the moment, appreciating the little things... But was there anything actually articulated with you and the Texans' biggies? I mean, we can piss and moan as Bears fans, but the Texans... well, it's been a while, no? And weren't they the Oilers? I remember well the Moon days and those teams, and those losses... How were they as company? Misery loves or...?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm 46. The Bears is my kid zone. I revert, like topspeed. My wife marvels at how my moods can be affected. I'm a high school English teacher (go easy on my grammar, I'm not after all of you) AND a writer for a few papers up here (freelance). It's amazing how I am a professional in most things I do... except the Bears.

What were some of your lessons learned? I can speculate... not taking it for granted, living in the moment, appreciating the little things... But was there anything actually articulated with you and the Texans' biggies? I mean, we can piss and moan as Bears fans, but the Texans... well, it's been a while, no? And weren't they the Oilers? I remember well the Moon days and those teams, and those losses... How were they as company? Misery loves or...?

My lesson learned was to appreciate the moment. If the coaches, players, and management of teams can still function socially over their team's loss, why can't I? The part owner of the Texans grew up in Chicago and is a huge Bears fan. Him and the General Manager (Rick Smith) could not have possibly been nicer, and were rooting for me more than anything. They even offered me a limo to the NFL party which I turned down because I was too pissed off. I was 100% drenched. I used to party a lot with the Bears after games, and after a loss, they seemed okay, I was the problem. It's ridiculous. I am sure many on this message board are or were the same way. It supposed to be enjoyment for us, and we turn it into something else. For me, not no more.