#54 The villain

Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/09/18/what-jay-are-you-too-busy-to-call-your-teammate/[video=youtube_share;rCAGUlWfCRM]http://youtu.be/rCAGUlWfCRM[/video]
While what was said should not have been, Urlacher has quite a bit of growing up to do. He seems to me as being a whiny complainy spoiled brat. I never knew that about him until I read the transcript of the phone conversation between him and Jay. And I was left thinking is this an adult man? (or he's just hurt and feeling unappreciated). I think those comments about "faking injuries" had excessive spin & inflation on them by the media. A text taken out of context is merely a pretext. I don't think Urlacher has yet fully understood how far up his anus the media is now that he's on a show (the fakeness of the entertainment world), and that, while talking with the guys about certain things is ok but not talking with the guys about certain things with the camera rolling & in your face. I took the comment as his acceptance of it as a common tactic and part of the game (football is based on deception). Urlacher for a long time has been one of our heroes and part of this Chicago Bear family, his parting & its way left a bad taste in the mouths of Chicago Bear fans (most thought you shouldn’t treat family this way). So I’m certain it had to be even worse with him, with pain can come bitterness and It did not and does not have to be this way, he could just as easily have been involved in the alignment and disposition of the defensive front. Stay in house with those whom you love and that love you, like Denver. #54 will always be a special part of the Chicago Bears organization and its fans so the parting could have been with more class. We have just as much a responsibility for the things we do as for the things we did not do but should have done.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the bitterness will wear off and he'll mellow out and end up being a pro-Bears homer in the media, kinda like Ditka, who also left the club on bad terms. Worse.

iBearsLX

Liked Posts:
To some extent that is true.

Though what I'm most impressed by was how wise that quote from Batman ended up being beyond just the movie.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the bitterness will wear off and he'll mellow out and end up being a pro-Bears homer in the media, kinda like Ditka, who also left the club on bad terms. Worse.

A bears homer? Definitely. As for Cutty, I have my doubts.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Who is number 54??? We dont have one of them on the Bears team.

The Burning Bear

Liked Posts:
While what was said should not have been, Urlacher has quite a bit of growing up to do. He seems to me as being a whiny complainy spoiled brat. I never knew that about him until I read the transcript of the phone conversation between him and Jay.

Could you please post a link to this 'transcript'?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What transcript?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Url hardly a villain and a quote from Batman is not at all meaningful.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/09/18/what-jay-are-you-too-busy-to-call-your-teammate/[video=youtube_share;rCAGUlWfCRM]http://youtu.be/rCAGUlWfCRM[/video]
While what was said should not have been, Urlacher has quite a bit of growing up to do. He seems to me as being a whiny complainy spoiled brat. I never knew that about him until I read the transcript of the phone conversation between him and Jay. And I was left thinking is this an adult man? (or he's just hurt and feeling unappreciated). I think those comments about "faking injuries" had excessive spin & inflation on them by the media. A text taken out of context is merely a pretext. I don't think Urlacher has yet fully understood how far up his anus the media is now that he's on a show (the fakeness of the entertainment world), and that, while talking with the guys about certain things is ok but not talking with the guys about certain things with the camera rolling & in your face. I took the comment as his acceptance of it as a common tactic and part of the game (football is based on deception). Urlacher for a long time has been one of our heroes and part of this Chicago Bear family, his parting & its way left a bad taste in the mouths of Chicago Bear fans (most thought you shouldn’t treat family this way). So I’m certain it had to be even worse with him, with pain can come bitterness and It did not and does not have to be this way, he could just as easily have been involved in the alignment and disposition of the defensive front. Stay in house with those whom you love and that love you, like Denver. #54 will always be a special part of the Chicago Bears organization and its fans so the parting could have been with more class. We have just as much a responsibility for the things we do as for the things we did not do but should have done.

I always liked urlacher the football player but never cared for the person off the field. End of the day he walked on a fair offer from the bears.