How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Our defense has been bad in the middle of the field and with a lack of pass rush we can be in for a long day. Sproles had a career game last night against the Dolphin's better defense with much yardage in the middle of the field. Not much more needs to be said about Graham.

Saints offense is in full blown mode and their defense is good this year

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Might as well chalk this one up as an "L" and move on. Saints will make what Detroit did to the Bears look tame by comparison. It'll be a blowout, at home, no less.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm prepared to be 3-2

Seems like the Bears have the same old problem we've had for years. Beat up on the bad teams and get beat up by the good teams. Still can't get over that hump

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clayton was just on ESPN and pointed out something that is vastly different about the saints team coming to town next week as opposed to the ones we have seen in years past-
Old saints were WR heavy but not too good against a cover 2 d.
Sproles and Graham have turned them in to a team that can eat up a cover 2.

I had the saints game as a solid win pre season since the bears had been pretty good against them recently..... but now I am not to sure.
I will still call it a win since it is at home, but it will be a nail biter.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contain the lanes is what Tucker looks to be preaching. Maybe it is enough to stop Sproles, after all we had a practice game last week, so the Bears know what to expect. Plus, the Saints don't have the benefit of an Idonja calling out the D plays to the O.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see the Saint's offense killing our defense, but I also see our offense giving their defense some problems as well. I just don't think our offense is nearly as good as theirs, which leads me to believe this will be a loss.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Clayton was just on ESPN and pointed out something that is vastly different about the saints team coming to town next week as opposed to the ones we have seen in years past-

I had the saints game as a solid win pre season since the bears had been pretty good against them recently..... but now I am not to sure.

pretty sure we're only running cover 2 about 20% of the time but still getting abused

Liked Posts:

Good thing the Bears haven't been a cover 2 defense for a while now. Still I don't see the Bears winning. I'd love to be wrong though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I expect to get murdered. The offense will probably put up a good amount of points...if Cutler's head is in the game.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
"the Saints don't have the benefit of an Idonja calling out the D plays to the O. "

Good point. But I still think Saints will blow the Bears out. Saints are much improved, Bears have fallen back down to earth.

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
At some point out DL has to step up and get some pressure. They look like shit and need to be professionals and do their jobs. I know Peppers has been looking better but with the money he's making, he needs to be star player he was. It seems like he's not happy with his pay cut, and is playing half-assed. Pure speculation by me.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess the Bears may as well just stay home and watch the Redzone channel this week considering they have 0 chance to win. Right guys?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think we are all far too reactionary. Bears got smoke and the Saints smoked the Dolphins = Bears will get smoked. They might get smoked, but I think coming off that tough divisional loss, this one's going to be a dogfight. I might be the only one encouraged by the loss to the Lions, at least offensively. The majority of the Bears mistake on the offensive side of the ball were just physical in nature, not mental, aside from maybe a couple.

Cutler wasn't having brain farts, he was making the right reads but just had terrible throws. The OL only had one false start penalty, which is phenomenal considering the situation they eventually were put in. Kromer is a true OL guru, unlike that fake guru we had previously. So, offensively, I think the Bears took another step forward in their development, and adversity is never a bad thing to help them learn. Defensively, is a-whole-nother story.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we are all far too reactionary. Bears got smoke and the Saints smoked the Dolphins = Bears will get smoked. They might get smoked, but I think coming off that tough divisional loss, this one's going to be a dogfight. I might be the only one encouraged by the loss to the Lions, at least offensively. The majority of the Bears mistake on the offensive side of the ball were just physical in nature, not mental, aside from maybe a couple.

Cutler wasn't having brain farts, he was making the right reads but just had terrible throws. The OL only had one false start penalty, which is phenomenal considering the situation they eventually were put in. Kromer is a true OL guru, unlike that fake guru we had previously. So, offensively, I think the Bears took another step forward in their development, and adversity is never a bad thing to help them learn. Defensively, is a-whole-nother story.

It's a little more than the way you put it. Look at the strengths of the Saints offense and the weaknesses of the Bears defense, then it's more like common sense why we feel the way we do.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
90% of the people here turn into complete 'the sky has already fallen' bitches after a loss.

Saints offensive strengths vs. the Bears defensive weaknesses, this is not the sky is falling, its a legit major concern.

Let me help you get a head start for next week. "It's only a mini slump and we have the Giants and Redskins ahead."

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:

I agree with most of what you say here cept I'm still wondering if Cutty's physical ailment isn't a problem for him on game day occasionally He looked a bit lost /confused at times.
FWIW, I think they should let Minter dress and see what he can do, the kid looked decent in PS,,.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope to see the Bears testing out some DT today. I would even try out Seymour at this point.