IGT Week 5: Chicago Bears (3-1) vs New Orleans Saints (4-0) 12:00 CDT Fox

Who wins?

• Total voters

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and Brees td streak lives on with the Bengals shutting down brady!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Trestman addmitting need to get Marshall more involved. Yes, they do. I love Jeffries tho-- Jusdt need to utilize BMarsh more to offet.

What a great 1 2 punch

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I think the biggest issue in the game was the offense failing to put up points early after the D held the Saints to 6 total points on their first two possessions.

Actually, that's probably the teams biggest issue right now period, starting slow on O. Yes, the D has issues, but if the O could just start a little stronger that would go a long way in helping out the struggling D. This team has counted on it's D to bail it out long enough, it's the O's turn to carry some of the weight.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The D is not playing, is just the Bears O sucks! Actually any other D would have destroyed them easily.

Haven't allowed over 18 points all year. That continues the saints will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Just saying

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I think the biggest issue in the game was the offense failing to put up points early after the D held the Saints to 6 total points on their first two possessions.

Actually, that's probably the teams biggest issue right now period, starting slow on O. Yes, the D has issues, but if the O could just start a little stronger that would go a long way in helping out the struggling D. This team has counted on it's D to bail it out long enough, it's the O's turn to carry some of the weight.

Huh? The reason Tucker kept the old Lovie terminology was so that this defense could carry the burden while the BRAND NEW offense was developed. Starting off slow? It's an offense only four games old. It is frustrating. But starting off slow is exactly what needs to happen until this offense is ready to come out of the gate galloping.

What I saw today was at first a defense who was holding up their end of that deal that while the offense struggled. Then the offense adjusted and started pulling their weight. Meanwhile, the defense got worse as the game went on. In that 4th quarter that defense had plenty of chances to pull their weight and show that keeping all the legacy terminology on defense was worth it. Honestly, I hope in the offseason that they scrap the Lovie defense and start rebuilding that too.

This offense looked better than I expected in week 4. Cutler had a 100+ QBR and Jeffery had 200+ yards. What exactly did the defense do? Sacks? INTs? Fumbles? Low 3rd down %? Held the yardage down?

This offense will get better. Remember, it's only 4 games into this offense. This defense will only get worse.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We are a competitive team, but we do not have the talent on defense or the consistency on offense to really be a force.

I think we will be a factor when the wildcard are decided, but I am not expecting us to get 11-12 wins. I expect we will be beaten by the Packers and we will be in dog fights with teams like the Ravens, Rams and the other tier 2 teams.

The last 2 games have shown me that we are not elite, we are pretty good.