League of Denial - How the NFL hid the link to brain injuries.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
It's like you can't effectively comprehend a 3 sentence post.

Let alone your own argument

Awfully mouthy around here today considering you're still using Dabears54 actual photo as an avatar.

Or is that really you...lol

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just shaking my head at this nonsense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah...most parents don't sit there and think...

hmm...should my kid become a jock or a junkie?

I'm playing the Rory card here and leave it be because you are really fucking stupid.

If you can't grasp the sensationalism...that I pointed out earlier...then I don't know if there is any help for you

Only you could be trolled in you own thread

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Awfully mouthy around here today considering you're still using Dabears54 actual photo as an avatar.

Or is that really you...lol

My speeling wuold be tihs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah...most parents don't sit there and think...

hmm...should my kid become a jock or a junkie?

I'm playing the Rory card here and leave it be because you are really fucking stupid.

If you can't grasp the sensationalism...that I pointed out earlier...then I don't know if there is any help for you

Only you could be trolled in you own thread

Please enlighten me Captain Obvious. What was the fucking point of the below post?

That there are many more dangerous activities in life than football.

If the kid wants to play let 'em.

Sure beats bangin heroin

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
My speeling wuold be tihs

Speak all you want, but using that avi is as disturbing as the former CBMB poster...who averaged 150 posts on a daily basis starting at 4AM 365 days annually.

Sorry all to be off-topic, and it is shame the NFL has forsaken integrity in favor of $$.

Greed has not served the game well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really? If anything, greed is working too well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So finally watched the Frontline Documentary on this.

So apparently when Mike Webster filed for disability, the NFL had its own doctor interview him and that doctor concluded that Webster's mental issues were the result of repetitive head injuries sustained playing football. The NFL paid him disabilities. This is in 2000.

In 2003, the NFL starts publishing in the medical journal Neurosurgery a series of articles that state concussions are not serious injuries. They also claim that returning to play after a concussion in the same game does not involve a signifiicant risk of a second injury. These papers also suggested that it might be safe for college/high school players to be cleared to return to play on the same day as their injury.

The editor (Robert Cantu) of the medical journal objected to these articles being included and took his concerns to the editor in chief (Michael Appuzzo) who overruled him. One of the writers on the papers (Mark Lovell) admits that the data and research he conducted was flawed.

In addition, when Dr Omalu wrote a paper on finding CTE in Webste, the NFL's MTBI committee and its doctors formally asked him to retract his paper. They also claimed there was no evidence that Webster had any chronic mental problems that resulted from football (despite the NFL retirement board doctor concluding otherwise).

So what do we make of this. The NFL in 2000 concludes privately in Mike Webster's case that football caused his mental issues but then publicly in supposed respected medical journals is pushing the idea that head injuries are not a big deal and even going so far as to comment on college and high school players. They then attack a paper that publicly says Webster had CTE despite already concluding privately in 2000 that he did have mental illnesses.

Sure, no ethical, moral, or legal concerns here guys. Move along.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That there are many more dangerous activities in life than football.

If the kid wants to play let 'em.

Sure beats bangin heroin

But not banging heroines. In the mid 90's I would have gladly given Erin Brockovich the business.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Please cite institutions and areas of graduate degrees. Thanks.

Well at least this is in the right thread. Here is the full post below. Now based on your extensive reading comprehension skills, was the focus of the post my degrees? Or was the focus of the post that regardless of whatever education or common sense someone possessed, when people with medical degrees specifically tell you not to worry because concussions are minor injuries that people will trust what doctors who studied medicine tell them?

Remydat said:
I am an educated person. I have several graduate degrees. None of that matters when it comes to medical advice because my degree is not in medicine. Doctors go to med school. I don't. Neither did the vast majority of agents, advisers, parents, counselors, nor the 22 year old kid.

So when the NFL is officially telling these people that they have commissioned studies and had respected neurosurgeons names attached to these studies saying there is little reason to worry then guess what, they will not worry. These dudes had official scientific medical journals allegedly serving as their mouthpiece spreading lies and disinformation about the issue and you think a parent is going to be like, "Well I am not a neurosurgeon like the guy telling you everything is fine but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night and I think there is a problem."

I just think it is weird that when medical professionals are allegedly on the take and lying to people they are suppose to be trying to protect that you want to focus not on these people who have potentially violated their duty of care but on the players and their associates because they dared to trust what the NFL's doctors and experts told them.