1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Keith, Toews, Sharp on Canada

Ten Olympians on this team, and Seabrook, Saad and Leddy or even Crawford had cases as well... but half of the 19 players we send out there every day (20 w/ the backup goalie) are representing their countries this year.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Ten Olympians on this team, and Seabrook, Saad and Leddy or even Crawford had cases as well... but half of the 19 players we send out there every day (20 w/ the backup goalie) are representing their countries this year.

I read somewhere that I banned you I think. :shifty:

Good for the 'Hawks. Go rep!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I read somewhere that I banned you I think. :shifty:

Good for the 'Hawks. Go rep!

Nope, Crystallas un-banned and then re-banned me, you were over-ridden. :shifty:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

One thing to keep in mind with this: the Hawks biggest obstacle within the Central Division is the St. Louis Blues, and they're sending 10 players to Sochi as well.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ben Smith has more points than the 4 millionz man.

Let that sink in.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bickell benched by Q last night.

Knee brace is an excuse. Time for people to admit that he's not a very good hockey player.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Trade deadline just 1 1/2 months away and trade speculation around the NHL is picking up. Can't see the Blackhawks doing anything on defense/goalie (stranger things have happened though) so it should be interesting to see if they add to the offense, or what they do in general. $1.1mil in cap space today.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bickell benched by Q last night.

Knee brace is an excuse. Time for people to admit that he's not a very good hockey player.

Because 35 games into a 4-year contract is definitely a good indicator of his entire hockey acumen. :rolleyes:

Bickell is struggling. No one is denying this. But you do this each season: take the player that's having a bad year and then inundate the forum with posts touting that player as useless/waste of space/not a very good hockey player, etc.

You seem to have stopped from spreading your obnoxious "Opoopya" narrative now that he's spent about a year as part of the pairing that the Hawks use regularly against the opponent's top line each night. Perhaps a bit of patience with Bickell will see him turn things around. Probably not as much as Oduya has, but definitely better than he's playing now.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Trade deadline just 1 1/2 months away and trade speculation around the NHL is picking up. Can't see the Blackhawks doing anything on defense/goalie (stranger things have happened though) so it should be interesting to see if they add to the offense, or what they do in general. $1.1mil in cap space today.

Not expecting much of anything to happen with the Hawks at the deadline this year.

Saw a hilarious HockeyBuzz rumor that the Hawks in talks with the Jets about Andrew Ladd. No fucking way in hell do the Jets ever let Ladd leave town.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Because 35 games into a 4-year contract is definitely a good indicator of his entire hockey acumen. :rolleyes:

Bickell is struggling. No one is denying this. But you do this each season: take the player that's having a bad year and then inundate the forum with posts touting that player as useless/waste of space/not a very good hockey player, etc.

You seem to have stopped from spreading your obnoxious "Opoopya" narrative now that he's spent about a year as part of the pairing that the Hawks use regularly against the opponent's top line each night. Perhaps a bit of patience with Bickell will see him turn things around. Probably not as much as Oduya has, but definitely better than he's playing now.

Plus its the regular seasons, who gives a turkey? Get in the playoffs and any seed can win the whole thing.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Plus its the regular seasons, who gives a turkey? Get in the playoffs and any seed can win the whole thing.

I posted another thread with a real in-depth look at some of Bickell's number this year. Trying to get to the bottom of why he's been off.

As you said though, as long as he shows up in the postseason, I'm not too worried about his current regular season struggles.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think knee injuries are always tricky to recover from, I don't know how they impact a hockey player, but I would imagine that its similar to other athletes that the knee injury isn't the only thing causing pain to the player.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
That Ladd rumor from HockeyBuzz is:

Andrew Ladd + Jimmy Lodge for Bryan Bickell, Teuvo Teravainen and 1st round pick

Personally, I think we can get by without Ladd (as much as I would like him on the team) and don't want to send Teravainen anywhere, especially not within our own division.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That Ladd rumor from HockeyBuzz is:

Andrew Ladd + Jimmy Lodge for Bryan Bickell, Teuvo Teravainen and 1st round pick

Personally, I think we can get by without Ladd (as much as I would like him on the team) and don't want to send Teravainen anywhere, especially not within our own division.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Again.

HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bickell, Teuvo AND a first? This is fucking hilarious.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Again.

HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bickell, Teuvo AND a first? This is fucking hilarious.

:yep:

In the comments, Jaeckel keeps talking about how the money adds up and Teravainen may end up just being a RW as the reasoning behind the trade, while the Hawks don't have enough leadership or players that create net-front presence, have the hearts to win or score clutch goals, etc.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hawks don't have enough leadership

toews-celebrates_620-thumb-620xauto-307426.jpg

or players that create net-front presence,

chi3.gif

have the hearts to win

2aa8bf0dc814cba4180ac87ae0652ebe.jpeg

or score clutch goals, etc.

hawksotwin.gif

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(not laughing at you, of course, Jntg)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

toews-celebrates_620-thumb-620xauto-307426.jpg

chi3.gif

2aa8bf0dc814cba4180ac87ae0652ebe.jpeg

hawksotwin.gif

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(not laughing at you, of course, Jntg)

You could have shown Shaw for that net front presence too.

(and I know haha)

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
JJ is the man when it comes to picking off trade scenarios off of hockey message boards and claiming they are legit.

If you read into the HB forum, ppl laugh at the notion and he goes running to the defense of his preposterous idea. Just a heads up, I started a "rumor" a few years ago that he took and ran with, so take what he says with a grain of salt....trying to think, I think it was Beach for somebody really good with the reasoning being power forwards take longer to develop. JJ is a great guy who has no sources.

That being said, if there really was some reasoning behind a Ladd for Bickell swap, Bowman would be all over it, nobody kid yourself into thinking he wouldn't. Bickell has been embarrassing, but again, nobody knows the extent of his injury and from the looks of it he rushed back. Let the guy heal for the playoffs. its not like they really need him right now. But in no way shape or form will the Hawks give up TT unless its for a top flight, young 2C. If he is being groomed for that spot, they just wont trade him.

Anyways, I would much rather have Buff back then Ladd.

13-3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.