General Blackhawks Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
We all know the 2nd line center is the most important position in the NHL, and that center depth can't be overmatched.

Never let logic get in the way of a Joe argument. Wasn't like Sharp-zeus-shaw was the most offensively consistent line all game, and that zeus had a lot of pking with more pks than pps for the Hawks that game.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=712441&navid=DL|CHI|home

Nordstrom recalled. Would have to believe this is a result of Toews being day-to-day

yep, Toews and Kaner getting sat until playoffs it looks like. Time to sort out the future and see who can play rather than who can compliment the stars. I'm looking forward to the home stretch.

If Tuevo is the real deal, this is a good chance to step up and show it. And Morin maybe more especially this could be his last chance. Nordstrom is young, good to get him some work. I would like the Regin's and Runblaads and Handzus and Versteeg to kinda sort themselves out too and leave us with the cream only for the playoffs.

This roster has been one of the more difficult chemistry experiments and I don't know why.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Avs will probably get home ice in the first round against the Hawks. Still ...

Hawks in 6.

You heard it here first.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://blackhawkup.com/2014/04/02/chicago-blackhawks-brandon-saad-savior/

so that I continue to understand the NHL and our Blackhawks, is someone up to critique these lines with a why or why not and propose their own for how we get to the playoffs without sliding too much.

1) Hossa, Handzus, Saad
2) Sharp, Regin, Tuevo
3) Bickell, Shaw, Versteeg
4) Bollig, Kruger, Smith

How many players can skate and how many of those reserved for defense +2 goaltenders? originally I had Tuevo 1C between Hossa and Saad because that is what I want to see....but from a team perspective I would think he needs to earn that.

I just don't understand how this works!! It seems to me as an outsider, the only spots availabe in playoffs for minutes would come out of Bollig and Versteeg. If Morin and Tuevo could replace those with higher quality so be it, but is that what we are searching for......I guess that 2C spot might be Regin vs Tuevo and then wing spots that could be improved are Versteeg and Bollig, but what happens to Regin in that scenario? 4th line? don't use?

When I see these things, how does a guy like Morin or Brookbank get minutes? they play some 4th lines? or they get benched and sit the day sometimes? Where the hell does Handzus fit on this team anymore when Toews and Kaner get back and slot perfectly into those lines? I mean....I guess Tuevo to 1C is a bit crazy, and in reality that is Handzus to fill in between players he has chemistry with while Tuevo is worked in more sporadically.

The big boon for us I think is that Morin and Tuevo now get to show if and where they might belong for some minutes. If Tuevo doesn't impress in next 4 games I would expect him to get sent down to keep eligibility for when he is ready.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hawks in 6.

You heard it here first.

I could also see this series being shorter...with OTs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hawks in 6.

You heard it here first.

Over the years I've seen this happen time and time again. A team will fight and battle winning games they shouldn't down the stretch to get that home ice.....then "BOOM". They lose that first game and suddenly its gone. To a young team like Colorado, that's a very real possibility.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My gut tells me this series is over in 4-5 games. Either that or one of the teams gets out to a huge lead, blows it than recovers and wins in Game 7

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
#Blackhawks' lines during practice: Bickell--Toews--Hossa, Sharp--Smith--Kane, Saad--Kruger--Shaw, Bollig--Handzus--Versteeg.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#Blackhawks' lines during practice: Bickell--Toews--Hossa, Sharp--Smith--Kane, Saad--Kruger--Shaw, Bollig--Handzus--Versteeg.

I think that is our current go to lineup and its really good. But I notice the blackhawks love to mix it up more than any team, is this true? Our lines aren't set in stone and change from period to period often?

To me it sometimes feel like we don't want the opponent to get used to the top line, whatever that is, they love to disguise it and when we get down late or are down in a series it comes out. And it usually works.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that is our current go to lineup and its really good. But I notice the blackhawks love to mix it up more than any team, is this true? Our lines aren't set in stone and change from period to period often?

To me it sometimes feel like we don't want the opponent to get used to the top line, whatever that is, they love to disguise it and when we get down late or are down in a series it comes out. And it usually works.

I don't know if I'd agree that Q does it more than any other team as I can think of a few other coaches who also do it but Q certainly does it often. I don't think it's a disguise tactic, though. It's more of a shit-isn't-working-right-so-it-needs-fixing tactic. It's an intelligent strategy if a coach has the right mix of forwards.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if I'd agree that Q does it more than any other team as I can think of a few other coaches who also do it but Q certainly does it often. I don't think it's a disguise tactic, though. It's more of a shit-isn't-working-right-so-it-needs-fixing tactic. It's an intelligent strategy if a coach has the right mix of forwards.

yeah...maybe it is matchup specific, and I have wondered if they are using statistics to ascertain these potential lineups because we seem to ahead of the rest of the NHL in certain areas.

Bickell has been playing just like did last year when he was a top hitter/scorer of the playoffs, top two or top, not sure how it finished.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bollig MUST have something on Q. I just don't see anything he ads to this team. He plays like 2 minutes a game....why bother suiting up for 2 minutes?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bolig is in for his acting skills.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bollig in the lineup against a team like Colorado would be even worse because the Avs' speed will expose Bollig even more.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So the guys who lead the Blackhawks in points for the playoffs are............Marian Hossa and Brent Seabrook with 11 apiece. Kane and Toews have 10.

Seabrook is criminally underrated by Blackhawk fans and around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.