All Around The NHL

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lundqvist isn't the reason why they haven't won a Cup since 93-94 .

He has a save % of 93 the last two postseasons with a career playoff save % of 92.

Rangers can't score for him. How is that his fault?

:obama:

English comprehension not your thing, huh?

He may not be the reason they haven't won a Cup but he sure isn't the reason they have.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lundqvist isn't the reason why they haven't won a Cup since 93-94 .

He has a save % of 93 the last two postseasons with a career playoff save % of 92.

Rangers can't score for him. How is that his fault?

I think what Diehard was saying that Lundquist should have taken a pay cut or else the Rangers should get some more offense to bail out King Henrik.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think what Diehard was saying that Lundquist should have taken a pay cut or else the Rangers should get some more offense to bail out King Henrik.

Exactly....and that takes money. The money they spent on the King of Nothing would've been better invested in a scorer or two.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

Discount? What's that?

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Still less money than DiPietro got. I mean if Crawford is getting $6 million a year, Lundqvist getting $8.5 isn't that far fetched. But year they could have gotten some forward depth instead

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Still less money than DiPietro got. I mean if Crawford is getting $6 million a year, Lundqvist getting $8.5 isn't that far fetched. But year they could have gotten some forward depth instead

Overall, yes it is less money but the cap hit is ridiculously different. Probably because DiPietro's was about twice as long and you can no longer re-sign a player for more than 8 years total. Crawford getting $6mil a year was too much money and not Bowman's best contract. Lundqvist at $8.5mil is just way too much for a re-signing, especially after Rask signed a long term deal for $7mil a year cap hit.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
On a wholly unrelated note, Shawn Thornton is a complete piece of shit and doesn't deserve an NHL roster spot.

[video=youtube;GuVq-TZ7AJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVq-TZ7AJM[/video]

I don't give a fuck what James Neal did prior to this. There's no reason for any of this.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a wholly unrelated note, Shawn Thornton is a complete piece of shit and doesn't deserve an NHL roster spot.

I don't give a fuck what James Neal did prior to this. There's no reason for any of this.

Disagree. Sure what he did to Orpik was completely despicable, but that's not like him; he's never been suspended prior to this upcoming one. He is not that type of player. I'm shocked he couldn't wait...even if they don't play each other again this regular season.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

I know you said you don't give a fuck about what Neal did, but do you think what Thornton did was worse than Neal? I'm leaning more towards the latter.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I know you said you don't give a fuck about what Neal did, but do you think what Thornton did was worse than Neal? I'm leaning more towards the latter.

I don't know if I could pick one, because both acts are pretty despicable. They each have a similar deplorable offense: both were attacking players in a manner that left them unable to defend themselves.

I think I'm more disappointed in Neal, too, because the guy is a pretty good offensive player and it's fun to watch him play. But this isn't the first time he's done something stupid like this. Probably the most egregious offense, though.

I guess you could make the argument that if Neal doesn't commit his act, the Thornton incident never happens. With that though, I guess you'd have to say that Neal's actions were worse. I just get annoyed when people (and not saying this is you, Iago) try to justify unnecessary violence by referencing previously unnecessary violence. It's that one-up mentality that leads to star players getting taken out by 4th-line grinders.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if I could pick one, because both acts are pretty despicable. They each have a similar deplorable offense: both were attacking players in a manner that left them unable to defend themselves.

I think I'm more disappointed in Neal, too, because the guy is a pretty good offensive player and it's fun to watch him play. But this isn't the first time he's done something stupid like this. Probably the most egregious offense, though.

I guess you could make the argument that if Neal doesn't commit his act, the Thornton incident never happens. With that though, I guess you'd have to say that Neal's actions were worse. I just get annoyed when people (and not saying this is you, Iago) try to justify unnecessary violence by referencing previously unnecessary violence. It's that one-up mentality that leads to star players getting taken out by 4th-line grinders.

Yeah, I wouldn't make that argument (that what Neal did was a precursor to what Thornton did; seemed to me more of an open opportunity for Thorton to confront Orpik for a second time)--Orpik's hit on Erikson, and refusal to fight, was more of a precursor. When I first posted that I didn't see Thorton's slew foot...I though more that Orpik was more so choosing to be defenseless as opposed to have being dumped. I am not insinuating that Orpik deserved it...but how does he leave his guard down after hitting Erickson and already having been roughed up in attempt to "go" still kinda baffles me. Anyway, I think Marchand was more defenseless already being on the ice on all fours "skidding" when Neal thought he could get away with his knee to the head.

Neal is a very dirty player. Remember him running around like a nut headhunting in the playoffs? Also, his explanation for what happened between Marchand and him??? I lol'd.

15 games is too much for a first time offender who's been in the league as long as he. Bettman can make it right and reduce it so it falls somewhere between 6-10, but I'm not "Betting" on it.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goaltender for the Colorado avalanche gets away with beating his wife