The White Sox Offseason And Hot Stove Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Konerko done then? I mean signing another 1B/DH to big money has to mean Konerko isn't coming back.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Now I'd like to see us get a catcher. The only outfielder I'd sign is Ellsbury regardless of the money. Just hope that his health wouldn't be too much of an issue.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jose Abreu deal being finalized at 6 years 68 million and believed to be with the White Sox.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu is finalizing a six-year, $68 million contract with a club that's expected to be the White Sox.
It was reported earlier Thursday that Abreu had narrowed his choices to the White Sox, Red Sox and Astros, but the latter two teams were later ruled out, leaving Chicago as the landing spot by default. The deal will be the largest ever for a Cuban player, with his $11.33 million annual salary nearly doubling Yasiel Puig's. Abreu, who will turn 27 in January, should be the White Sox' Opening Day first baseman next season.

Sweet!

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like that signing for you guys.

It probably deserves its own thread. Everyone too wrapped up in the other sports to check in here lol

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Konerko done then? I mean signing another 1B/DH to big money has to mean Konerko isn't coming back.

It might mean that. I could also see a trade being done or a move of Dun into LF and Viciedo to 3b (Scary defense). Or I could see Abreu starting at least the first half at AA/AAA

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I'd let Konerko go. I'd move Dunn if possible. Alexei would be shipped out also. Dunns contract when off the books will be a great relief.

Also would like us to look into Matt Garza. Need a good RHP starter

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think I now keep Alexei. I think he has value in communicating with Abreu/Garcia/Garcia

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Call me crazy but I wouldn't ship out Alexei. Yes he's an sub par hitter but I think his defense is some of the best in the league. Also, having that cuban connection like somebody posted earlier doesn't hurt. I believe Ramirez was a big reason why Viciedo came here.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
He did good avg wise this year just power numbers were way down. I guess keep him and let him communicate with Abreu and Tank and the Garcias.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I would move Alexei is someone wanted him.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Heard on MLB network the Tigers might try and get Ellsbury. Fuck that team you can't have him

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I like that signing for you guys.

It probably deserves its own thread. Everyone too wrapped up in the Bears forum to check in here lol

Ftfy

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I support this signing. If Gammons is wrong he can catch up to MLB fastballs Abreu might be special.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Heard on MLB network the Tigers might try and get Ellsbury. Fuck that team you can't have him

Let them have him. He can't stay healthy. I hope Detroit signs Cano to a huge, long, fat, contract too.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
My free agent wish list: (realistically)
C McCann or Saltalamacchia
2B Omar infante move him to 3B (I don't like Keppinger at all and hope we move him) he's a nice utility player that wouldn't cost much. Hit .318 with 10 HR 51 RBI this season at 2B. Or if we move Beckham we should sign this guy.
OF Nelson Cruz (Coming off the suspension I would like to sign him if it's not too expensive. Give us a really good veteran hitter to plug in the lineup. If we moved tank to third and didn't sign an infielder Cruz would be a solid pickup.)
OF Shin Soo-Choo (if we didn't go the Cruz route, choo would be a solid addition.)

We also need to improve the bullpen.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
:lol:

Heyman doesn't know any better.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

I can't imagine any room for him. Even as a bench player he can only play first.

Status
Not open for further replies.