Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Wouldn't be surprised if one of the starters is purged in a trade. Probably Santiago. Good ERA, but shady FIP/xFIP, WHIP. Probably sold high.

- You would prefer Danks, who's 2013 wasn't that bad considering what it was, which was to get back arm strength, and get back into the motions. But his injury + contract are red flags.

-I hope they go for a CF who isn't Granderson, move De Aza to LF and flip Viciedo, should have some interest given his age, contract, and raw potential.

- I'm kind of 50/50 on Ramirez being moved. Wouldn't shock me either way. Even if Ramirez is moved, you still have Beckham, Keppinger, L. Garcia, and Gillespie to toy around with at 2B/3B/SS.

The catcher situation will be interesting. Flowers was horrible, but he was playing through an injury. Probably gets a second chance, too bad him and Phegley are both righty. They probably go for a lefty (Salty?), and go for a platoon.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Been watching clips on comcast sports net Chicago. They're talking about our next big move. They talked about catcher and us going for McCann or Saltalamacchia.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
They also said de Aza will be dealt and there's zero chance Dunns traded unless we eat every nickel of it

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I'd rather move Tank.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The sox offense would take a huge hit if Dunn gets moved. Tank can go but I prefer we keep him and move him to 3b. mccann or salty would be fine...lets not count out AJ who may come cheap.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The sox offense would take a huge hit if Dunn gets moved. Tank can go but I prefer we keep him and move him to 3b. mccann or salty would be fine...lets not count out AJ who may come cheap.

If they take AJ, I'd say they believe they are going for it all next year (I base that on the age of AJ)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Why? De Aza is nothing special. Sox need better from the lead-off spot.

And Viciedo is?

Career norms vs career norms, De Aza is better than Viciedo. Viciedo has upside, but precedence with other free swinging Cubans suggests that Viciedo is going to be a .300 OBP guy, which is the opposite of what the Sox need.

Sox can also get a new guy to lead off and move De Aza to 7th, or 8th.

Last edited:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

Tank at third would be pretty brutal.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
it can still be done. we see a lot of bad defensive 3bmn in the league. he also has experience.

Reynolds, Cabrera, Panda, etc all had offensive numbers to make the shitty defense a non-factor.

But if Tank is going to have a .300 OBP, plus shitty defense at third, he can get fucked.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reynolds, Cabrera, Panda, etc all had offensive numbers to make the shitty defense a non-factor.

But if Tank is going to have a .300 OBP, plus shitty defense at third, he can get fucked.

ehhh. new hitting coach Im hoping can teach him an approach. OBP needs to be balanced but it doesnt matter where it comes from as long as it is there and well...better than last.

As far as De Aza haters, they are off their walkers. the last 2 years here is de azas stats: .271/.335/.743/OPS+100 26 HRS. Il take that all day long over most of the lead off guys out there. If you get a guy like ellsbury than its an upgrade, but if its granderson you still dont move de aza down.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Hello, exactly. I don't understand the De Aza witch hunt, either.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I don't understand it either but that's what csn Chicago was saying that no way is he back

Status
Not open for further replies.