Bulls Beat Discussion Thread

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
All the latest discussion about the Bulls Beat podcast goes here.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Doug love the show and can't wait for the breakdown of the draft. That would suck though if you do all that hardwork if we do end up trading the picks, but it would probably worth it if we got Bosh

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Doug love the show and can't wait for the breakdown of the draft. That would suck though if you do all that hardwork if we do end up trading the picks, but it would probably worth it if we got Bosh

If we get Bosh or Amare then I won't mind so much, besides which I love doing all the draft research just to have an opinion on people coming into the league.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
That 26 picks looks very interesting as it seems theres some pretty interesting prospects that could fall. I thinks pretty important to hang onto that pick if we lose Gordon

Gene

Liked Posts:
I dig the show, Doug. Keep up the good work!

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Doug, does this mean since you get this new site up that you will be doing the show more frequently?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I would have hoped so, but I'm buried in consulting work right now, so probably not.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Don't worry about considering we only have two games this week its not that big of deal.

senrad

Liked Posts:
Will there still be weekly shows in the off season?

reignman

Liked Posts:
In the offseason you should definitively consider publishing some research on "Former Bulls - where are they now". You hear about Caffey and his issues, but what are the others doing? Still involved with basketball? Coaching kids? Successfully running a business?

E.g.:

- Horace
- E-Rob
- Victor
- Pargo
- Basden
- Schenscher
- Antonio Davis
- PJ Brown
- Jerome Williams
- Chris Jeffries
- Fizer
- Sweetney
- Mercer
- http://twitter.com/jalenrose
- Kukoc
- Harper
- Luc
- Buechler

Would be very interesting stuff to read for Bulls fanatics imho, and you don't hear much about those guys in regular articles.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
senrad wrote:
Will there still be weekly shows in the off season?

I don't know about the other guys, but with me, absolutely. I love the off season. I love the draft, I love free agency, I love figuring out how to make room for guys, which FAs to look at etc..

This has potential to be a real dud of an off season or a blockbuster one, because our big moves will come via trade (if they come) and not FA (no money available). Still I'll do at least one show a week in the off season.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
We could probably make a thread for the other shows on their own. This one I actually just made as a test thread and forgot to delete it. That's why it's 2 weeks older than the forum ;)

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Doug when are you going to announce the winners?

Before I can do anything, I need to see if the Bulls will make the playoffs and if I can buy extra playoff tickets, then I'll figure out the winners, I'll try to come up with something official to figure out for the next show.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Just wondering because I am going to be out of town from April 10 to April 18