OT: Video Game Request Thread

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
If you're interested in seeing any other NES games added to the arcade let me know. Remember there is no save, so some games like Zelda may not be entirely practical though most NES games used passwords.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
This is great. Wonder if there could just be a list of keyboard controls on these games, since I've never played some of them and would like to not have to spend 20 minutes randomly pressing buttons to figure out how the games work.

Great job on the new site!

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I played the Mike Tyson one a few minutes ago, great stuff.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
WWF wrestling

or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
collisrost wrote:
This is great. Wonder if there could just be a list of keyboard controls on these games, since I've never played some of them and would like to not have to spend 20 minutes randomly pressing buttons to figure out how the games work.

Great job on the new site!

I put controls underneath the games.

They're all NES games, so there are only 4 buttons:

Z= B
X= A

/ = select
enter = start
arrows = dpad

(I might have B/A mixed up, since I don't recall which button you have to press to do which thing though)

Gene

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I tried playing Battletoads but I couldn't figure out the controls. I was just running around trying not to get mopped up by the bad guys :)

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Added the new games requested.

Btw, the controls for Battletoads like everything else are the same (x and z are for jump and attack).

Gene

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I tried to play it last night. I see all the controls now, thanks!

ZombieKevie

Liked Posts:
im just gonna list a bunch i liked, not sure how much work this takes you so dont sweat it if you dont feel like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Adventures this one would be awesome, never played it before though.

Super Mario Bros. 2
Bomberman
Bubble Bobble
Double Dragon
Double Dribble
Duck Hunt
Final Fantasy
Harlem Globetrotters
Hoops
Kung-Fu Master
NES Play Action Football
Ninja Gaiden
Paperboy
Pro Wrestling
S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team
Tecmo World Wrestling
Tecmo NBA Basketball
Tetris
Zombie Nation

whew that was alot

tyrus thomas

Liked Posts:
you have to get double dribble :-D i used to play that game soooo muchhh

wonder if you could make it to where we could play eachother lol

either way its looking great doug

oh ps any of the highscore stuff work?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
High score stuff doesn't support NES games, there are all kinds of games you can add on there, but I thought NES games were probably nostalgic for a lot of people so I went that route instead of random games.

It takes me probably about 5 minutes to add a single game, so it's not too big a deal to add one, but at the same time, it's long enough that I'm not going to try to add the entire 1000+ game NES archive.

I'll see if I can add a few more later today, but I have a bunch of other features I'm working on in connection with the site that might trump adding arcade games.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
Then in keeping with the contents of the website at least add a couple of basketball themed games. Others would be nice of course, but you gotta have some hoops games on a hoops site.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
Oh, and of course you've gotta have tetris. That has to be the most addictive game ever made.

Gene

Liked Posts:
Tetris is for sure a must. I have a lot of these games laying around somewhere too. I need to find them and see if the old console will fire up.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
If we're looking for basketball games DT, see if they have Arch Rivals. I loved that game. The game James Posey patterned his game off of.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I had uploaded Jordan vs Bird, but it didn't play right through the emulator so I took it down. I didn't have double dribble handy, so I didn't add it, but I've got a couple hoops games on my hard drive. I'll look for a few new ones when I get a chance.