Bears to select QB Tajh Boyd from Clemson #8 overall

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
You're right, they took Cade Mcnown in 1999 and Grossman in 2003. I always forget about the Grossman pick. My biggest problem is taking Chris Williams 14th overall when Flacco was still available. Williams played his way out of the league and Flacco went on to be superbowl mvp. If we would have went the route of Flacco, the Cutler trade never happens and we actually get a first round pick in 2009 and 2010. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest Cutler fan boy there is, but Flacco and Cutler are pretty much equal. Giving up all of those draft picks for Cutler because Lovie and Angelo couldn't evaluate quarterback talent, really set this team back.

If we had Flacco then all of our cap room next year would be fucked.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Tahj Boyd really? At the 8th spot we would have our choice of Johhny Manziel, Brett Hundley and Stephen Morris but you want Tahj Boyd? No, no , no.

I do agree however, that Jay Cutler's days are numbered...I don't see him returning in 4 weeks. Maybe 6. They said it would be at LEAST 4 and then on a week-to-week basis after that. Trust me, it's going to be moree like 6 weeks before he is back and with Briggs also out, I don't see us winning anymore than 4 more games if we are lucky....

This draft is the perfect opportunity for Trestman to bring in his type of QB that he wants to build around. This QB class is insanely talented, I think it's better than the 2012 class of Luck and RG3 to be quite honest.

I wish this year would have gone differently, I like Jay and I obviously wanted to see this team win a Superbowl but with the injures to Melton, Tillman Cutler and Briggs for extended periods of time...This team is better off planning ahead and doing a small rebuild by bringing in a new QB.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We aren't going to be picking at number 8 anyway. There are a lot of players much shittier than us. As bad as we are we won't go much lower than number 14.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I agree, I see us in the 15-20 range which would still put us in a position to draft Manziel or Stephen Morris...The two guys I think we should be targeting. Don't care what is said about Manziel, the guy is a playmaker whether it's throwing or running with the football.

mecha

Liked Posts:
We aren't going to be picking at number 8 anyway. There are a lot of players much shittier than us. As bad as we are we won't go much lower than number 14.

yeah, we're slotted at #7 right now. that almost means the Bears would have to TRY to fuck up. and yes I am taking into account the defense sucks balls. they probably win half the games from here on out.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Manziel will probably be around where you guys pick and he'd be a good fit for the city. Though I still want the Eagles to get him. I think him and Bridgewater will be great pro QBs and I see Boyd being very good but never great. Don't like Mariota or Hundley.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Manziel will probably be around where you guys pick and he'd be a good fit for the city. Though I still want the Eagles to get him. I think him and Bridgewater will be great pro QBs and I see Boyd being very good but never great. Don't like Mariota or Hundley.

Your teams head coach probably feels differently.

Musashi

Liked Posts:
Emery missed his QB from last years draft,mike glennon.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who sees a lot of potential at the pro level for McCarron? I know he's on a beast ass team and has been his whole career - but sometimes watching him he comes off with a quick release and very compact delivery. Extremely accurate and very intelligent in terms of reading defenses and making quick throws.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Wait 2 years and get Jameis Winston, that kid is going to be special.