Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No it doesn't. Being a poorly controlled diabetic can lead to microvascular changes that can cause damage to small blood vessels the feed the eyes, kidneys and feet. Over time it can cause blindness, increased risk of heart disease or kidney failure. Cutler is not a poorly controlled diabetic. In fact his blood sugar is probably better regulated than most of the Snickers and Doritos eating assholes that frequent this board.

It doesn't increase the risk of a groin injury, or a fluke broken thumb, or a concussion. It is really easy to talk out of your ass when your head is up it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it doesn't. Being a poorly controlled diabetic can lead to microvascular changes that can cause damage to small blood vessels the feed the eyes, kidneys and feet. Over time it can cause blindness, increased risk of heart disease or kidney failure. Cutler is not a poorly controlled diabetic. In fact his blood sugar is probably better regulated than most of the Snickers and Doritos eating assholes that frequent this board.

It doesn't increase the risk of a groin injury, or a fluke broken thumb, or a concussion. It is really easy to talk out of your ass when your head is up it.

Hey, watch your attitude bitch. I was trying to be compassionate rather than just call him soft.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So your a compassionate asshole. How considerate of you.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Maybe that's why I like Cutler a lot too. Tough motherfucker. My buddy is diabetic and think Cutler is amazing for having that issue and playing as hard as he does.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Why doesn't everyone just ignore spartan? He'd go apeshit when he realizes everyone ignores his posts, he'll post more and mroe obscene shit. He'll implode

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why doesn't everyone just ignore spartan? He'd go apeshit when he realizes everyone ignores his posts, he'll post more and mroe obscene shit. He'll implode

I like needling him. He is like that little yappy dog on the other side of the fence that barks and barks in the same high pitched irritating voice every time you go into the back yard. Every one once in a while you just need to shoot it in the ass with a pellet gun. It won't bark any less but you at least get the satisfaction of hearing it yelp once in a while.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

While you're on the information highway, why not search to see if diabetics aren't more prone to injury than non-diabetics before spouting off? You'll find they indeed are.

It's also a fact some guys can just take more than others. It's something that cannot be controlled for the most part so not trying to say it in an insulting way, just as a matter of fact.

For example, you could take 5 hard falls and get some type injury all 5 times while I could take the same number of hard falls and never get injured. Does it make me more of a man? Of course but I digress.

Liked Posts:
I'm actually in the middle. He's not needed to succeed, but in the same breath he's not the problem. From Grossman to Orton to Griese to Mller to McNown to.... (long, long list) the Bears have been trying to get it done with sub-par talent at the most important postition on the field. Cutler to me represents the first real viable option at QB since the game evolved into a passing league. The problem is that some posters want to go a different direction because they can't be patient. Many said the same things about Elway, Eli, Flacco, (again a long list) before they eventually were part of a winning team.

It's like all things in sports. Some will always hate and some will always love. You probably think I've got a man crush, but that's mainly because I don't agree with you. The same can be said from the other side when I post that there's no guarantee that Cutler will be back.

It's been 4 &1/2 years now & Elway, Eli & Flacco were consistently in the postseason even without their SB's. Granted how things went really weren't his fault but that has more to do with Angelo/Lovie than it does Emery. In any case it appears that all of those hits he took up until this season have caught up with him. The Bears don't necessarily have to go another direction, but at the same time I think they'd be nuts to give him a 4-6 year deal at or near 100 million dollars. They need to draft early, & groom another QB no matter what happens with Cutler.

Sure there's blame to spread all over the place from the front office, the coaching staff, the offensive line, & yes even Cutler himself at times, again it's been 4 & 1/2 years, but for whatever reason, Cutler is injured every year whether it's his fault or not. I think this fan base has been more than patient, I don't care who the blame is.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't explain it but I know it comes at bad times. This guy has really set the franchise back with his lack of production and missed games.

Would you rather have 16 games of Orton or similar or 10-11 games of Cutler? And of course he completely tricks off a game or two every season, so you really only get about 8-9 good Jay games.
So Orton would never get hurt?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Orton would never get hurt?
maybe not as often and even if he did he didn't cost the ransom that Cutler cost.
The picks plus cash plus opportunity loss have been big.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe not as often and even if he did he didn't cost the ransom that Cutler cost.
The picks plus cash plus opportunity loss have been big.

"Maybe"... that says it all .... Maybe Cutler may never get injured again

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While you're on the information highway, why not search to see if diabetics aren't more prone to injury than non-diabetics before spouting off? You'll find they indeed are.

It's also a fact some guys can just take more than others. It's something that cannot be controlled for the most part so not trying to say it in an insulting way, just as a matter of fact.

For example, you could take 5 hard falls and get some type injury all 5 times while I could take the same number of hard falls and never get injured. Does it make me more of a man? Of course but I digress.

I have worked in the medical field for over 20 years. I know all about Diabetes Mellitus both Type 1 and Type 2. I am going to assume you know the difference and the causes of Type I and Type II DM.

It is true that diabetics often have issues with wound healing. Cutler is not a normal diabetic. His blood sugar is better controlled than the average Type I Diabetic. In fact, it is probably better controlled than the average 30 year old. Most wound healing issues are related to the microvascular changes that occur over time. The more poorly controlled the diabetic, the more risk of these changes. The excess sugar acts as a free radical injuring the vascular walls of these small blood vessels. This tends to happen more in peripheral areas, like the feet or areas that have a high dependence on bloodflow from small vessels. That is the reason why poorly controlled diabetics tend to have a higher risk of vision loss (Diabetic Retinopathy) or kidney failure. Chronic high blood sugar also can lead to kidney failure since the kidneys try to excrete excess sugar. But this sugar level generally has to be over 250-300 which is 2.5 to 3x higher than a normal blood sugar.

It has little to nothing to do with the injury that Cutler has now and shouldn't interfere with wound healing. As long as he controls his blood sugar he will be fine with that. If there was any risk to healing it would have been with his thumb injury, the hands and feet aren't all that well vascularized in comparison to other areas of the body and he healed up fine from that injury.

The issue with injury with diabetics is more long term with patients that have been poorly controlled over years. That is why you see these old dudes with half a foot or part of a leg gone. The sugar has caused a condition called diabetic neuropathy and the vascular injury over time causes the inability of a patient to feel the injury that he or she occurs in a leg or toe. Add to it the damage to the vasculature in the feet and lower extremities and infection sets in and wounds fail to heal. To be honest, you see this more with type II diabetics than type Is. Type IIs have a bunch of other issues besides increased blood sugar that contributes to the poor wound healing.

Cutler's diabetes had nothing to do with his groin injury. You know it, I know it, you just like to make comments.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have worked in the medical field for over 20 years. I know all about Diabetes Mellitus both Type 1 and Type 2. I am going to assume you know the difference and the causes of Type I and Type II DM.

It is true that diabetics often have issues with wound healing. Cutler is not a normal diabetic. His blood sugar is better controlled than the average Type I Diabetic. In fact, it is probably better controlled than the average 30 year old. Most wound healing issues are related to the microvascular changes that occur over time. The more poorly controlled the diabetic, the more risk of these changes. The excess sugar acts as a free radical injuring the vascular walls of these small blood vessels. This tends to happen more in peripheral areas, like the feet or areas that have a high dependence on bloodflow from small vessels. That is the reason why poorly controlled diabetics tend to have a higher risk of vision loss (Diabetic Retinopathy) or kidney failure. Chronic high blood sugar also can lead to kidney failure since the kidneys try to excrete excess sugar. But this sugar level generally has to be over 250-300 which is 2.5 to 3x higher than a normal blood sugar.

It has little to nothing to do with the injury that Cutler has now and shouldn't interfere with wound healing. As long as he controls his blood sugar he will be fine with that. If there was any risk to healing it would have been with his thumb injury, the hands and feet aren't all that well vascularized in comparison to other areas of the body and he healed up fine from that injury.

The issue with injury with diabetics is more long term with patients that have been poorly controlled over years. That is why you see these old dudes with half a foot or part of a leg gone. The sugar has caused a condition called diabetic neuropathy and the vascular injury over time causes the inability of a patient to feel the injury that he or she occurs in a leg or toe. Add to it the damage to the vasculature in the feet and lower extremities and infection sets in and wounds fail to heal. To be honest, you see this more with type II diabetics than type Is. Type IIs have a bunch of other issues besides increased blood sugar that contributes to the poor wound healing.

Cutler's diabetes had nothing to do with his groin injury. You know it, I know it, you just like to make comments.

I'm gonna have to consult with Ole now.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

1049.gif

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears should tag Cutler next year and draft a qb in the 3rd/4th round then talk contract for 2015