Some Thoughts on Bears @ Skins

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
lol, you should review. McCown was taking a lot of time on longer pass plays or throwing screens or running. Look again. He was not throwing at the bottom of his drop.

I thought he made pretty good decisions and had surprisingly good accuracy. But i dont think he was especially quick to get the ball out, unless it was a screen.

McCown's problem is that he needs a big pocket to throw from. He doesn't have the arm strength to zip the ball anywhere. If our OL starts collapsing these next few games, it's going to be Todd Collins all over again.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
McCown's problem is that he needs a big pocket to throw from. He doesn't have the arm strength to zip the ball anywhere. If our OL starts collapsing these next few games, it's going to be Todd Collins all over again.

Todd Collins is undefeated as a bears starter :smug:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler often fails at that. lol

Timing, and timing throws are not Cutler strong suit. That's why even before Jay's injury I wouldn't have been surprised if Trest decided that Jay wasn't necessarily his guy going forward; He simply might not be the best fit for Trestman's system, nor do we see what Trest sees when he's reviewing the tape.

Wut? Jay has been playing at career highs this year and everyone and their mom has said he has been quicker with his release and more accurate. Bears fans forget so quickly unless its something bad

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought McCown did great, he sure looked better running the offense than Jay. At least last Sunday be did.

Lets see what happens going forward, but I feel much better about him than I did before.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe the game plan appeared different in the second half with McCown simply due to the fact that they were actually able to execute and string some plays together.

In the first half, Cutler one hopped the first pass of the game essentially killing that drive, the runs went for no gain, etc. Every drive was immediately stalled one way or another, throwing off the rhythm and play calling. You act like Trestman had no intention of calling some screens. It's simply that in the second half they were in a position to call them.

Let's face it McCown is no match for Cutler, when Cutler is on his game, but Cutler was well on his way to having one of his, far to frequent, off days.

Nope. He would have been 6 of 8 without drops and Jeffery giving a well thrown ball to the D for a pick 6. The announcers had their heads up there ass putting any blame on Jay for that. The O wasn't working but it wasn't Jay having a bad day.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice OP Bot. NFL is all about QB pressure. I say it almost every week. This is the inverse of what Cutler faced the past 4 years. Rookies can beat you if they have time to throw and Brady can't if your in his face all day.