I think Emery Could Do A Sign And Trade With Cutler in the Offseason

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
if he decides to move on there is no way he will let him walk without getting something in return. There are numerous teams who will give up picks for cutler even with all his flaws

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
A sign and trade would be the ideal situation, imo.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if he decides to move on there is no way he will let him walk without getting something in return. There are numerous teams who will give up picks for cutler even with all his flaws

He let Webb walk for free and teams are getting draft picks for worse players right now. He could have turned Webb into something, that was wasteful.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Peole do know that Cutler would get the option on what team he wants if he agreed to a sign and trade and what if the team he wants to go doesnt want him or is unrealistic? I dont think Emery is going agree to those terms, sign Cutler and then scream" Gotcha bitch!" and turn around a trade hhim to Jacksonville

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the problem is... you'd have to do this before the draft and how can the bears do that without having their future QB on the roster? Unless the Bears lose the next 9 games, they'll have no idea what QB's will be available when theyre picking, likely in the middle of the draft like last year...

I think you tag Cutler this offseason, draft a qb in the first 4 rounds of the upcoming draft and then possibly sign & trade cutler after next season.

Either way with Cutler likely missing 5-6 weeks, I think Emery and Trestman want more of a sample size to see how Cutler performs in this offense and will make sure he's starting next season.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I have zero confidence in the Bears drafting a good QB in rounds 3 or 4.

Stockpile defensive picks, throughout the draft. I would say at a minimum, get 2 pass rushers and 2 LBers. Our front 7 is horrible.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have zero confidence in the Bears drafting a good QB in rounds 3 or 4.

Stockpile defensive picks, throughout the draft. I would say at a minimum, get 2 pass rushers and 2 LBers. Our front 7 is horrible.

Just drafted 2 LBers. Giving up a bit early?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No but we need as many as we can get. Briggs is getting old. We don't know how Williams will come back from his injury either.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler is our qb. By the numbers alone, this injury could help the Bears in the long run by not having to pay him as much. Saying that though, and looking at how Urlacher situation was handled and Cutler being a free agent, it is plausible the Cutler may not be our QB next year, Especially if a team is willing to give Cutler a huge contract the Bears are not willing to to give. It should be Bears #1 priority to keep Cutler, any other scenario, which includes drafting a QB in the first round, will get us a better QB then Cutler period.

mecha

Liked Posts:
No but we need as many as we can get. Briggs is getting old. We don't know how Williams will come back from his injury either.

fairly certain DJ Williams was one of the cats with a 1 year deal. so he's as good as gone anyway.

I'm probably completely wrong, but I think roll with the safeties we have, fix the front 4, the linebackers they have now will be getting reps this season, probably resign Tillman and/or Jennings (money permitting, which I'm sure Emery knows what's best there) and I think a lot of players are going FA anyway, so should be a lot of cap room available to sign some FAs to fill in the holes. I still maintain that you pull the trigger on a QB while the draft class is heavy with quality QBs though.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

No, this isn't basketball.